Just imagine how Raiders would've been if...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisSolo

Super Freak
Reaction score
...Tom Selleck had been able to take on the role as Indy.

And Danny DeVito, Spielberg's first choice, played Sallah...

*shudders*

I like Tom Selleck too. And i think Raiders would be same popular with Selleck.
Perhaps many SW Fans are not so with Indy like now.

But we have Ford and this guy play Indy like no other can do!

There is no way that RAIDERS/INDY would be half as popular and iconic if it were Tom Selleck. Huge bullet dodged there.

Same with Devito.

Thank God for both TAXI and MAGNUM P.I. :lol

I had no idea that Devito was picked to play Sallah. That wouldn't have worked. I just can't get Romancing the Stone out of my head now.

It's easy to say something would not have worked when you never had to see it that way. I think Selleck would have been fine to be honest. I do agree DeVito would have been a bit odd though.

With Speilberg directing I think Selleck would have done a great job as Indy. But at this point it really doesn't matter, does it?

And what if Lance Henriksen had actually played the Terminator?

Acting ability I think he'd have been great. He would not have brought the physical that Arnie did though.

True. I think that's why Cameron didn't go with him. I do like seeing those test shots of Lance as the Terminator though.

Spielberg would have been the only thing that could have saved it. I think we've seen enough Magnum PI episodes and enough of Ford to know the better person for the role got it as luck would turn out. Not saying that the movie would have sucked but I don't think the impact would have been nearly as impactful. DeVito playing Sallah would have just been a train wreck as he would have tried to be TOO funny. IMO its just like ST not keeping the role of Aragorn and the role going to Viggo instead.

Selleck would have been fine, I like him a lot and think he would have done great as Indy although it would have been a completely different than Ford and completely different look, feel and whether or not it would stand the test of time is difficult to gauge because the iconic feel to Indy is definitely part Ford and part the character himself.

I'm glad the role went to Ford though, although I like Selleck I can't really picture him as Jones.

How about this one...

Imagine if George Lucas has made "Apocalypse Now" instead of "Star Wars". How different would many lives be today were it not for THAT decision. :google

Suffice to say, half the stuff on this very website wouldn't even exist.

How about this one...

Imagine if George Lucas has made "Apocalypse Now" instead of "Star Wars". How different would many lives be today were it not for THAT decision. :google

Suffice to say, half the stuff on this very website wouldn't even exist.

I would have LOTS more money in my pocket now!:rotfl

Back