Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core for the PSP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has it really been 10 years (well 10 years and a few months) since FFVII was unleashed upon the world? I remember ordering it from Japan the year before it's US release and gazing in amazement at the wonderful graphics (and wishing I could read Japanese). After realizing that I had no shot at understanding any thing in the import, I waited patiently (no, not really) for VII to come out in the US. When it did, I skipped a whole day of college classes to pick it up and play. The graphics were groundbreaking for the day and the story managed to shine through the Janglish translation (Thank God these companies actual put more effort into translating Japanese games today).

I have been playing Crisis Core for a few hours and it is wonderful. Makes up for the pretty, but empty Cerebus on PS2. The cut scenes are Advent Children level and the gameplay is great. I would definitely recommend this game for any FF fans with a PSP. I also would LOVE to see FFVII remade using this graphics engine on the PSP. I would play through it again on PSP with a proper translation.

P.S. Another aspect I like are the homages to VII itself. Example - The first scene in the game involves a train, much like the beginning to VII. In fact, there is a cool deja vu' moment when the train pulls up to the stations ... it's like VII in Hi Def ... ah, the memories.

SEP10047.jpg

MUST OWN ...... DROOL .....

This game is the shat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so ^^^^ing awesome!!!!! I want to make love to it!!!!!

i am interested, but it hasn't been getting good reviews. they are saying that only the most ardent of FF fanboys will enjoy it.

but i suspect that includes a lot of the Freaks.:D

just read you can only be one character. nevermind i'll pass.

Yeah if you dont get the concept then forget it. It a real time combat base system(which is why you are pressing buttons all the time {like any other game}) and you only play as Zack which is the Whole point of this Game!

Yeah if you dont get the concept then forget it. It a real time combat base system(which is why you are pressing buttons all the time {like any other game}) and you only play as Zack which is the Whole point of this Game!

So p!tu, what exactly is the whole point of this game again?

:D

doesnt matter to me, it's lame to have a FF game with only ONE character.

I'm about 12 hours into the game and it's pretty damn good. I have to admit that I've never been a huge fan of FF7 (more of an FF8 fan myself), but I did finish it way back then so it's great to see all the characters again with updated graphics. So far I'm definitely enjoying the Materia Fusion system (more so than the old Materia system in FF7) and the DMW slot wheel is cool and adds a lot of unpredictability to the combat, which keeps it from becoming boring.

It's a good game overall, but it's a great PORTABLE game. I really like that you can tackle the optional side missions (about 300 total) in bite sized chunks, which is great when I'm out and about.

And Nash, Crisis Core isn't like the other turn-based FF rpgs, its real time combat, a lot like Kingdom Hearts, so only having control over 1 character is a must or else there'd be too much difficulty and micro managing. Don't knock it till you try it.

The story is great and is definitely a lot more intimate and personal than I thought it would be. It isn't trying to be an epic like FF7, and it focuses on Zack's tragic story. It's my favorite aspect of Crisis Core. Plus, you get to see Sephiroth smile and crack jokes, which is different for the character.

Back