Stan Winston Studios - Karloff Frankenstein done right

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopeybenny

Freakzoid
Reaction score
As much I like Sideshow's 1/4 scale Bride of Frankenstein Karloff, and he looks great when paired up with his mate - I still have a couple of minor issues with him. I did rectify matters somewhat and bulked him up a little by putting a some tissue paper under his shirt and jacket; as he was just too thin and would suggest it to anyone else who may share my opinion. It makes an nice subtle difference though he's still too green and needs a touch of gray to his skin tone.

Feast your eyes on what I came across on Ebay. Dead on in capturing that 'stare' and is spot on in my opinion, courtesy of the Stan Winston studios. Life size (ulp) and way beyond most of our means I'm sure but nice to look at regardless...

https://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/w...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230230187937&rd=1

That would truly be a centerpiece to any collection... don't let the Monster see this. He might just lose his mind :lol

:lecture Everything but the face looks great. Sideshow's 1:1 bust is a better likeness.

I beg to differ especially since they used an actual mold of Karloff's face if you read the fine print - and if you take a good look at some old films stills it really captures his essence. I think my problem with most of Sideshow's attempts is the final application of too much green in the skins tones more than anything else. Regardless - it will be fun to see what price this ends up at.

I beg to differ especially since they used an actual mold of Karloff's face if you read the fine print - and if you take a good look at some old films stills it really captures his essence. I think my problem with most of Sideshow's attempts is the final application of too much green in the skins tones more than anything else. Regardless - it will be fun to see what price this ends up at.

It really depends on the time when the mold of Karloff face was made. It was quite a bit younger and thinner in Frankenstein then he was just before he died. If it was a "death" mask, they had a lot of work to do. If it was around Frankenstein, they didn't do that great of a job. Having a mold of the actor's face doesn't mean 100% likeness of the creature make-up.

Those are really cool looking...

And I have to say $32,500, thats a lot of scratch for a statue :google

Shoot, for $32,500, you could probably hire a bum to wear makeup, a costume, and stand in a corner for a couple of years and really get your money's worth.

Back