Probably the best thing to come out of any Indy license...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collector Freak

Super Freak
Reaction score
sta_artfx_injones_temple_L.jpg

Top marks for originality and display value.

I actually like this, too. A lot of people don't... claiming it's "too busy". But I get what Kotobukiya is trying to do with this piece and I'll probably pick it up.

By the way, they're also doing one for TEMPLE OF DOOM as well as LAST CRUSADE.

"Too busy" is what Indiana Jones is all about. Not something I would buy, but it's a cool piece.

I was hoping they would. Depending on how the next one looks, I might pick this up. All I really planned on getting from any Indy line was props (which aren't happening :monkey4), a PF or 1:1 bust (depending on the likeness and funds), and maybe a 1/6 figure (Medicom, unless HT does something better). This may change that, as it's sort of a pleasant surprise. It's just unique, which we don't see enough of these days.

Actually, INDY props are in the works (I have it on good authority that something will be announced at or around SDCC, if not before) we just won't get anything in time for this Summer's INDY festivities. :(

It's just unique, which we don't see enough of these days.

Again, I agree with that 100%. Koto gets marks for this piece on uniqueness alone.

Because it's not supposed to be in-scale. It's basically a 3-D montage of the opening sequence. Notice the size difference between the Fertility Idol at top and the one that Indy is holding.

I don't expect it to be in scale, know that's not what they were going for, but the large corpse throws off the the forced perspective and depth of the rolling boulder for me somewhat.

I just don't dig it... well done, but for me too much is going on and it comes of a bit goofy. But definitely high marks for creativity.

This is the ArtFX theatre that Koto is very big on - we'll be seeing them for Star Wars and Marvel as well.

I have to say I'm in the "too busy" school. It looks more cluttered than anything else and if it's supposed to represent a specific scene - what's with the grail as a base?

I just don't dig it... well done, but for me too much is going on and it comes of a bit goofy. But definitely high marks for creativity.

Goofy is the word that nails it for me as well.
Interesting-- but it doesn't speak to me.

That doesn't seem to high, there's a lot of work that would go into sculpting it... not to mention getting the paint to look good. How does the likeness of Jones look? I've full piece images so far, no close-ups.

I always wondered how you could possibly pull off the boulder scene. I think they tackled it in a creative way and it's an overall success I'd say.
Trev

Back