Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue Medicom vs Sideshow "debate".

I actually think the SSC version is better looking.

:monkey3

I would have to see this Medicom Indy closer, but I think SSC's one is better. Medicom Henry Jones looks a bit too toyish for Medicom standards.

Actually, I think the Medi sculpt of Indy is spot on. IMO, the SS sculpt is too round/fat, whereas the Medi sculpt is narrow and matches Ford's head shape more than anything.

That's a problem with Medicom. Some figures will look fine, others will have a very toy-ish look to them.

"Toy-ish".... not exactely, I would say "cartoon-ish". The sculpt looks great, it's all about the paint job, compare to Hot Toys paint, Medicom has a lot to work.

Definately looks to "toyish" to me, the Sideshow likeness is much, much better thanks to Trevor. The clothes definately fit better on the SS version as well. I'm glad it's Medicom and not Hot Toys then I may have had a decision to make. Oh, and is it just me or does Henry Jones look like he's wearing a flower pot on his noggin?
20080322d36146ae8675715nk6.jpg
20080322a651bce4aefde1fry3.jpg

I have to agree that the Medicom sculpt looks better, but the picture is fuzzy. The final decision will wait until there are some better pictures available.

as for ssc indy looking "fat" we should note that ssc indy is raiders, and harrison was a little chubby there, where this is crusade where he was in better shape.

There is nothing wrong at all with Trevor's SSC Indy sculpt. It's all in the painting and photography.

021408_indy_01.jpg

The sculpts don't look bad at all. But I think the outfit and the accessories are not as good as Sideshow's. Seeing this makes me really hope SS makes a Henry Jones Sr. figure.

Those both look fantastic!! I'm already getting the Sideshow version, so I'm passing, but they really do look phenomenal! What a great set! Medicom fans must be dancing in the streets! :chew

Now I really want to see more photos, because Henry seems to have a lower neck cut like SS or Dragon (it appears to be caught on the collar, unless that's bad Photoshop) while Indy seems to have a higher cut along the jawline, like Hot Toys.

Could Medicom have actually addressed their biggest flaw, the Ugly Straight Neck Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back