PDA

View Full Version : Tatooine Luke Skywalker Exclusive image back up

Viking28
06-03-2005, 01:26 AM
http://www.azogscollection.com/sdccluke.jpg

pitchin4eva
06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Very very nice...............like it even more now!!!!!

PLEASE SOMEBODY......ANYBODY HELP ME OUT GETTING THIS ITEM :bow :bow :drool :drool :lol :lol

katsal
06-03-2005, 02:01 AM
Will this item be available on the sideshow website, or only from the SDCC. - I sure hope I can order this from their site, as I dont live in the USA.

RichPG
06-03-2005, 03:25 AM
Doesn't anyone else think this looks like a (used) brown handkerchief instead of a poncho. Floppy hat & goggles must be cloth / Plastic to continue the mixed media theme & is the hat going to be removeable?

Gazmog
06-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Kinda like this one better than the regular. :drool :thud

buzzardio1080
06-03-2005, 04:02 AM
ARE U ALL AS STUPID AS SIDESHOW THEM SELVES
THIS STATUES IS REDICULOUS
SURLEY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN XWING OUTFIT FOR THE EXCLUSIVE NOT LOOKING LIKE A FARMBOY
HE DOSNT LOOK LIKE THE ONE WHO WILL BALANCE TO THE FORCE TO ME
SHAME ON U SIDESHOW

TheWitchKing
06-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Hey buzzardio1080, read my sig * Edited in respects to MODS. To each his own!! Can I get an AMEN anyone??? :lol :rollin

THIS STATUES IS REDICULOUS......

SURLEY HE SHOULD .........
He must be, he cant even spell right! :mwaha

I'm going to SDCC, and I "SURLEY" dont plan on keeping this figure, but who are you to call anyone stupid for liking it? :007 :rock

ShelobsPrey
06-03-2005, 04:33 AM
Amen brother! I sais AMEN!

Personally I'd hope the hat is removable - the poncho's very cool, but the hat's a bit... camp? :lol

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 07:24 AM
The pic isn't showing up, was it just the head shot from the SS page or was it a whole pic. If it was the whole thing can someone put up a new link or post the pic again.

Jesse

Frank
06-03-2005, 07:43 AM
It's the whole pic.

The place the it was linked from, Lee's Toy Review, has taken it down.

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Dam, come on nobody copied it................. :doh

Jesse

buzzardio1080
06-03-2005, 08:28 AM
sorry .But it is crap
Thats not a statue of one of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy,
its a statue of farmer barleymo.

elwood49
06-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Dam, come on nobody copied it.................

I almost did, Jesse. You pretty much know what it's going to look like. The pose and base and exactly the same, and you've already seen the pic of the hat and goggles.

The poncho is light beige with a brown stripe that runs down the edges. I wonder if the poncho and hat are removable? If they are, then that instantly makes this piece much more appealing to me. I could sell my regular Luke and just get this one instead of having to buy both.

dstephan
06-03-2005, 08:52 AM
The poncho and hat are removeable. However the binoculars are stuck to the hand on the exclusive version instead of hanging on the belt in the regular version.

And buzzardio - read your PMs.

elwood49
06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks Dave.

ShelobsPrey
06-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Excellent news Dave! If I can get this I can cancel my order for the normal one - don't mind the binoculars stuck in the hand, love the poncho, and I can decide whether the hat's cool or not in person.

Fingers crossed I can get it... :hat

buzzardio1080
06-03-2005, 10:10 AM
sorry for my earlier post about this exclusive statue
i shouldnt have said
ARE U ALL AS STUPID AS SIDESHOW THEM SELVES
didnt want to upset anyone
and im sure you all arnt stupid
but i do think side show need to pull there fingures out

in my opinon
:peace

TheWitchKing
06-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Buzz, sounds good. :peace Ive edited my original post in respects to the mods.

RichPG
06-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Anyone ever remember seeing Luke in poncho / hat on film in Ep 4 (or any other)?

I couldn't remember it & I would have preferred a medal version to match the Han exclusive with the different outfit although that would've required no rock & a different pose (too expensive to make for SSC).

Viking28
06-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I didnt even think to make a copy of it!:lol Hey WK if you dont want your Luke exclusive I'll be more than happy to take him off your hands!

RichPG
06-03-2005, 12:24 PM
However the binoculars are stuck to the hand on the exclusive version instead of hanging on the belt in the regular version.

If the poncho covers the hand with the binoculars (see pic), what was the point of altering the sculpt?

CobbyD
06-03-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm all for exclusives but this is just plain lazy. They've just made up some clothes luke never wore in any of the films thrown them on and hey presto.

why didn't they use the poncho LUKE actually wears in moss eisley in ANH, as it stands and with that hat it just looks a bit un-Starwars to me.

I'd be interested to know what I'd think of it if I had any chance of actually getting one though.

elwood49
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
why didn't they use the poncho LUKE actually wears in moss eisley in ANH

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the poncho shows up in one of the deleted scenes like the hat does. I posted a picture I found of the hat, but I never found anything with the poncho.

Gazmog
06-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, all the figures released thus far have had exclusives that offer little in the way of a significant difference in appearance.

The major difference that shouts exclusivity is the edition size.

CobbyD
06-03-2005, 01:03 PM
http://www.hydrohobby.co.uk/luke.gif

Found this pic around the net, This would seem to be the poncho in question but can't place the scene.

CobbyD
06-03-2005, 01:04 PM
(This message was left blank)

Sir Tristram
06-03-2005, 01:09 PM
I think its when he's looking at Uncle Crispy and Aunt Barbecue! :balrog

RichPG
06-03-2005, 01:14 PM
He's also wearing it on the back of the Trilogy Bonus disc, with George in a typical 70's shirt & coat. He never seems to be actually wearing it like the pic, always seems to just have it draped over his shoulders with the front open.

elwood49
06-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the pic CobbyD! All of these images are making me want one of these more and more....

jlcmsu
06-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Looks ok I like it. It just doesn't grab me like I thought it would.

Gruson
06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Guys,

Luke wears the poncho IN the movie ANH. He has it on, while walking to the Falcon on Mos E.

come on guys!

Gruson
06-03-2005, 01:51 PM
There is a scene in Mos E. in ANH wear Luke has the poncho on. Right before they get on the Falcon.

Come on guys! :)

TheWitchKing
06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually panchos are part of the mexican culture, Luke there would fit right in with my family! :p

RichPG
06-03-2005, 02:03 PM
There is a scene in Mos E. in ANH wear Luke has the poncho on. Right before they get on the Falcon.

I knew somebody would know!:rock

He picks it up when he sells his speeder, we see him put it on from behind, he is wearing it when he boards the falcon but then when he is seated - poncho is gone for good.

The colour of the beige of the poncho looks much darker on film than SSC pic & textured like wool, not cotton looking like the SSC pic.

It really is the briefest of moments that he is wearing the item & the hat is never seen on film.

elwood49
06-03-2005, 02:05 PM

Right, but that poncho is solid brown. That's why the confusion. It's a different poncho than the one from the figure.

I just popped in my Ep. 4 DVD to be sure, and yep---solid brown. Come on yourself Gruson.:p :poke

I guess Luke just has a closet full of ponchos.

Sir Tristram
06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Right, but that poncho is solid brown. That's why the confusion. It's a different poncho than the one from the figure.

yup.:speech

FrankenFan
06-03-2005, 02:41 PM
"Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?"
— Frank Zappa, Cosmik Debris

Sorry guys, couldn't resist! :p

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/ir.jpg

LOTR Fan
06-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Rich that was my question too, I don't ever remember seeing Luke dressed like this, but in the cutting room floor - someone posted a pic of him in the Gilligan garb. News to me too. :dunno

LOTR Fan
06-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow, you guys are fast -- I went to post and about 7 more were added before I was finished! :rollin

Gazmog
06-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Gruson's spot on! Shortly after Luke's receives payment for his speeder and proclaims "I'm never coming back to this planet again", him and Ben make their way to Docking Bay 94. On the way, Luke puts on his poncho and Ben waves to Chewbacca. Bring back memories?:p

Azog of Moria
06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Ahem, ahem ** cough ** cough ** where is that pic being hosted?

Viking28
06-03-2005, 04:23 PM
The current pic is being hosted at the one and only "the place for all your collectiong news.....www.azogcollection.com":banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Well I tell you what, the binoculars in the hand sure would relieve the awkwardness of the right hand that really bothers me about the piece. It looks like it was designed with them in and they took them out at the last minute.

"We forgot a SDCC exclusive, lets jack those binoculars and then give them back later at SDCC."

I will probably display the piece without the hat and cape, but it should look nice with the binoc's.

Jesse

dstephan
06-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Image is gone - could we have a poncho comparison pic please?

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Its the first post in the thread.

Jesse

FrankenFan
06-03-2005, 04:35 PM
That's an interesting observation, jesse!

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/mmmy.jpg

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
We'll that's the only thing I could think of to explain the arthritis/carpel tunnel hand he's got.

Jesse :naughty

TheWitchKing
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Dave, I can put that pancho on and host my pic in the meantime? :dunno

FrankenFan
06-03-2005, 04:40 PM
We'll that's the only thing I could think of to explain the arthritis/ carpel tunnel hand he's got.
I suspect you may be on to something!

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/plzg.jpg

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 04:40 PM
LOL! FrakenFan

I would like to see a pic of the binocs in his hand though if there is one.

Jesse

JohnyBoo
06-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I always wondered why that hand looked off a bit, now we know why.

dstephan
06-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I meant the pic from the film.

jesseawilson
06-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Ah sorry didn't catch that.

Jesse

dstephan
06-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Never mind, found'em myself.

And look how different the poncho looks from pic to pic.

www.starwarscutscenes.com....html (http://www.starwarscutscenes.com/episode4/poncho.html)Luke's Poncho (http://www.starwarscutscenes.com/episode4/poncho.html)

B Electronic
06-04-2005, 03:49 AM
So let me get this straight... The exclusive Poncho Luke, is the same as the regular edition. The only difference beeing he has a poncho, floppy hat and his binoculars are not on his belt but in his hand? If thats the case, then this exclusive isnt as bad as I thought it was. The other SW exclusives got alot less accessories then Luke. And at LE 500 it makes one great figure.

Gazmog
06-04-2005, 04:27 AM
BE, yep you're right!

dstephan
06-04-2005, 01:28 PM
The only difference beeing he has a poncho, floppy hat and his binoculars are not on his belt but in his hand?
And goggles....don't forget the goggles!

shaithis77
06-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Never mind, found'em myself.

And look how different the poncho looks from pic to pic.

www.starwarscutscenes.com....htmlLuke's Poncho
www.sideshowcollectors.com

It's actually the same. The difference is the quality of the photo, photo scan, and film stock.

He wore the entire outfit in a couple of scenes, but those were all deleted.

That's why this is an exclusive.

It's special.

Wonderboy43
06-04-2005, 07:39 PM
OMG that is lame. Sorry, I had to say it.

Who wants it because it really is cool/better than the regular edition and who wants it because it's an exclusive edition? There is a difference, you know.

I think all these exclusives (tons of them now) are going to send the Sideshow collector market into a crash just like how exclusives and variants nearly destroyed comic books in the 90's. Those $500 variant comics in the 90's are now commanding a buck or three. People get frustrated and sick of it all. I already am. I would punch myself before I spent time, effort and money trying to get a "OK" overpriced Luke figure with a lame-O Gilligan hat. I'd rather see Sideshow put their efforts into quality control than making "special" exclusives. How about an exclusive Willow figure without the bloated frog neck? Or an exclusive-exclusive Taylor that's actually got the dirty space suit this time?

Just my opinion is all.

shaithis77
06-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Well, there aren't that many being produced, so I think that statement is a bit overreactive.

Don't want it? Don't buy it.

We have a lot of cool SW products coming out in the future, so I'm sure we'll satisfy most people at some point.

B Electronic
06-05-2005, 05:49 AM
The only reasonable point I see you making Wonderboy43, is that every figure gets a regular and exclusive version. It seems abit too much. But this exclusive Luke really is a great piece. Just because he has a hat that is similar to a Gilligan's hat, is no reason to piss all over the piece. But to each his own (which applies often enough on this forum :rollin ).

Shaitis, any chance on a Hoth Leia in that future of yours? Or maybe a colloseum Padmé? :poke

elwood49
06-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Who wants it because it really is cool/better than the regular edition and who wants it because it's an exclusive edition? There is a difference, you know.

Well, I getting both the exclusive and the regular, so it doesn't matter. I plan to buy all of the exclusive and regular SW pieces unless they aren't drastically different (Vader and Grievous).

People get frustrated and sick of it all.
Actually, I'm excited about this announcement. I've been wanting an exclusive Luke from the beginning. I didn't care for the figure at first, but once I saw pics of the deleted scenes, I realized it is very accurate. I may take the hat off and just have the poncho.

I hope they make TONS of exclusives and variants when they get to the Ep. 3 Clones.:drool

Sideshow don't let this guy get you down, keep up the good work on the SW line. Everything so far has exceeded my expectations.:rock

Gazmog
06-05-2005, 08:37 AM
I hope they make TONS of exclusives and variants when they get to the Ep. 3 Clones.

You won't be saying that when you're declared bankrupt. :lol

My definitive wishlist:

ANH

Sandtrooper Squad Leader
Stormtrooper
Greedo
Wuher
Garindan
Luke and Han Stormtrooper
Leia Ceremonial
Luke Ceremonial
Imperial Officer
Tarkin
Tusken raider
The droids (desert-worn threepio as an exclusive) :p
Jawa
RA-7 droid
Luke X-wing
Evazan

ESB

Lando
Lobot
Bespin security guard
Boba Fett
Bossk
Veers (AT-AT Commander)
AT-AT Driver
Hoth Snowtrooper
Ozzel
Yoda
Leia Bespin
Gen. Rieekan

ROTJ

Luke Jedi
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
Salacious Crumb
Leia Boushh
Leia Slave :naughty
Lando Skiff Guard
Emperor's Royal Guard
Palpatine
Biker Scout
Rebel Commando
Mon Mothma
Leia Endor
Luke Endor
Han Endor
Wicket W. Warrick
Logray
Oola
Admiral Ackbar
Nien Numb

TPM

Darth Maul
Qui-Gon Jinn
Sebulba
Anakin
Shmi
Watto
Boss Nass
Amidala (Theed)
Panaka
Battle droid
Droideka
OOM-9 Commander
Nute and Rune
Gungan Warrior
Senate Guard
Sen. Palpatine

AOTC

Dooku
Superbattledroid
Poggle
Wat Tambor
Shu Mai
Geonosian Warrior
Threepio
Anakin
Padmé (Arena)
Dexter Jettster
Orn Free Taa
Jango Fett
Lama Su
Taun We
Clone trooper(s)
Boba Fett
Jedi Masters
Palpatine
Zam Wesell

ROTS

Sidious
Anakin (Mustafar)
Vader
Padmé (child labour)...just kiddin' :lol
Clone Troopers...again
Tarfull and Chewbacca
Obi-Wan
Mace
Mas Amedda
Tion Medon
MagnaGuard
Oddball
Bail Organa
Beru and Owen

I know, I know...but I can dream. :rock :\

elwood49
06-05-2005, 08:42 AM
You won't be saying that when you're declared bankrupt.

Hey, I didn't say I would buy them all, but I would try. Hell, by that point I'll probably be able to sell my Dewback to buy 3.;)

Gazmog
06-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Hell, by that point I'll probably be able to sell my Dewback to buy 3.

Yup, you're probably right. :eek

Right now, you could sell your dewback and buy 1...and Bucklebury Ferry...and still have change to buy...errrrmmm...pez. :lol

dstephan
06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Man Gaz, you must live in a mansion! Where would you put all those?

Of course with all the 1/4 lines I'm probably looking at a similar situation...:x

shaithis77
06-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Shaitis, any chance on a Hoth Leia in that future of yours? Or maybe a colloseum Padmé?

No chance.

Of course, I could be lying.

Truthfully, any character has a chance. Except Boboa Fett. He's too unpopular.

Gazmog
06-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Man Gaz, you must live in a mansion! Where would you put all those?

Oh I wish I did. In answer to your question, I have absolutely no idea where I would store/ display all of those listed. :thud

:\

dstephan
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
any character has a chance. Except Boboa Fett. He's too unpopular.
:rollin

Iluin
06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Very nice, but I'm not a SW collector.