On My Way to the Misty Mountains....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gondor59

For a graduation gift, my wife bought me a round trip ticket to Colorado (while my in-laws are visiting here in Virginia). I'm going to explore the Rockies for a week as one solitary soul.:dance This is the place I originally read LOTR way back when. Going to Pikes Peak, Mt. Evans, Glenwood Springs, Boulder, Denver, Castle Rock (My sister lives there), Central City, Idaho Springs (pan for gold), Aspen, Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park and anyplace else I can squeeze in during my time there. I pick a rental car up at Colorado Springs Airport Sunday morning and then it is off to adventure......:rock . Off topic I know but am just very excited.....will post pics of my sabbatical later.:D

That's awesome G59. Since you originally read LOTR there, I'm sure memories of that time will come rushing back through your head. The Rockies are one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Enjoy!

Wow! What a great gift from your wife! Enjoy the solitude and make sure you remember to take your lotr books along!

Exellent,:rock I need to go again my self.:D If you see any
big-foot, let me know.:D 8o :|

Do they travel in herds? or packs? what do you call a group of them? ummm, talking about Big Foot here, not little Fred. :)

I love it when people talk about the treat that it is to visit Colorado - I'm lucky enough to live here... and it's stinkin' HOT and DRY, so bring your sunblock and have fun! :smokin

Likewise....WetaWidow and I just love it here! We have a nice place in the mountains just southwest of Denver....the mountains indeed take your breath away!

BigHose :hat

Don't get me wrong, southwest Virginia (where I live) is beautiful also. We have the Blue Ridge mountains all around us with vast forests, lakes and rivers but only in Colorado can I walk in a snow field in July.:dance I start packing today and am really, really ready for this.:D

BTW...If any of you have seen War of the Worlds most of the forest and pasture land scenes as well as the house where the plane crashed was filmed in Botetourt County and Lexington, Virginia, just a few miles from my house. It was strange watching my own backyard being invaded by aliens on the big screen.

Back