Recent Tensions in the Brotherhood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
In recent weeks I've personally noticed an increase in the amount of arguments and apparent ill will (no pun intended) in the Brotherhood when we play.

I've had no less than four Bro's come to me complaining about other member's trash talking (and don't bother asking, I won't say who it was or who they complained about. I claim privileged information). I've recently complained myself about it - and I don't usually complain about anything with the Bro'Hood.

But I think the thing we all need to take into account is this...we're dudes. Sometimes we get worked up and say things we don't mean.

I think in most cases, the trash talking is good natured and meant in jest. But someone already irritated over something, take that same good natured barb and you then get bad feelings.

I will acknowledge two things for the group: I am not innocent of this. I know I have said things that were considered trash talk. But in most of those cases, what I thought in my head was far funnier then the mean words that came from my mouth.

The other thing: some do it far more then others. Keep in mind something my sage and beautiful wife reminded me of...we're communicating with each other (for the most part) solely through a single-ear headset. The tone and inflection of your voice may not necessarily translate to the other players as you intend. What may sound funny to you might sound much different to everyone else.

So, I call for a cease to all bad feelings...please!

Can't we all just try to get along?

Our bond is too strong to let mere words tear us down.

Go take a shot of flouride. It'll make you feel better.:D
Oh, and buy Vegas 2!
:lol :lol :rotfl
:rock

What, what??? Say it isn't so!!! I am usually very quite, so I have fun listening to the other guys smack talk... but I completely agree! It is a game... we are having fun... let's keep it that way.

good thing I don't play GOW with you guys....things were great when everyone was playing COD4. Gears is the path to the darkside.

Well for one it's just a game that what guys do, trash talking is a must I hope no one takes it personal when I trash talk, it's just all fun and games.

I seem to swear a lot when I don't get a kill I should have gotten. I don't complain about host advantage or any of that crap, just a loud stream of ++++ ++++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++++

Well for one it's just a game that what guys do, trash talking is a must I hope no one takes it personal when I trash talk, it's just all fun and games.

The only i here you say is "good +++++":D

The only real complaint i'v heard the past week was Loki after the Tourney match. Other then that, i havn't experiens'd any negative stuff. But like it's been said, it's just a game, just plain ol' fun hanging out with some cool dudes (and gal). I never take anything you guys say about me seriously, i know it's just a joke. Spartan and Ill had a few jokes at my expense last night but i laughed like eveybody else.

So let's all just have some fun:D I know i do:D

Anyone playing tonight? And what time?

video game arguments is as lame as internet arguments.

Don't let video games get to you.

The only i here you say is "good +++++":D

The only real complaint i'v heard the past week was Loki after the Tourney match. Other then that, i havn't experiens'd any negative stuff. But like it's been said, it's just a game, just plain ol' fun hanging out with some cool dudes (and gal). I never take anything you guys say about me seriously, i know it's just a joke. Spartan and Ill had a few jokes at my expense last night but i laughed like eveybody else.

So let's all just have some fun:D I know i do:D

Anyone playing tonight? And what time?

Yeah, I have to say that despite the beating we took, I never once heard any of Wolf Squadron say anything negative during our rounds.

And if anyone earned it, they did!
Well played.

argue.jpg

I will say that I've made a couple of jokes saying that Iron Fingaz is a mute, but it was jest, I swear.

I love all my Brothers and I have to once again admit that I have not been experiencing this stuff first hand much lately. Except of course when I was taking jabs at you the other day Havyk, to which I apologize as they were only in good fun. I have been having a lot of fun playing Gears lately with only a few minor flare ups. :monkey3 :D I am enjoying myself more now and keeping in mind that the time we spent playing is time for bonding with my bros not for talking ++++. :grouphug

good thing I don't play GOW with you guys....things were great when everyone was playing COD4. Gears is the path to the darkside.
Nah, it's not as bad as all that.

Word. :cool:

Spartan and Ill had a few jokes at my expense last night but i laughed like eveybody else.
You're a good cat for taking it so well man. :)

video game arguments is as lame as internet arguments.

Don't let video games get to you.
We are like actual brothers 'cause a lot of times we let any little thing someone says get to us, anyone who has a sibling knows this well...BUT, we are also quick to forgive because we all love each other like family. We are a tight knit group.

I don't think it's any one person or any one time. We've all done it at some point (except maybe Fingaz :D). It's safe to say it's all mean it in jest.

On one hand, we should be aware of what we say...on the other hand acknowledge it was probably just someone joking around.

It's all good.

I love all my Brothers and I have to once again admit that I have not been experiencing this stuff first hand much lately. Except of course when I was taking jabs at you the other day Havyk, to which I apologize as they were only in good fun. I have been having a lot of fun playing Gears lately with only a few minor flare ups. :monkey3 :D I am enjoying myself more now and keeping in mind that the time we spent playing is time for bonding with my bros not for talking ++++. :grouphug

Back