Hasbro's 2008 SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of the coolest exclusive from Hasbro ever. I'll pay eBay prices to get this one.

holo-emperor.jpg

The cool part too, not only is it a cool setup for 3 3/4" figures, but you could work the Emperor into 1/6 Star Wars displays as it looks to be that scale.

It's definitely the most CREATIVE exclusive Hasbro's done in forever. I probably won't get one, but it's still cool.:chew

Does Palps light up?

I don't think so, the sense I get from the image is that it's just a translucent bust. I imagine since it's an exclusive, it'll be made and packaged around staying in the package as a collectible with some value to removing it. Considering it looks like Vader will just be a VOTC rehash, it's more the nostalgia of the moment to appeal to collectors than the overall out of package value of the set.

To me, this is their coolest along with C3 Vader with the voice stand packaging.

I don't think so, the sense I get from the image is that it's just a translucent bust. I imagine since it's an exclusive, it'll be made and packaged around staying in the package as a collectible with some value to removing it. Considering it looks like Vader will just be a VOTC rehash, it's more the nostalgia of the moment to appeal to collectors than the overall out of package value of the set.

To me, this is their coolest along with C3 Vader with the voice stand packaging.

I am pretty sure there is voice or lights or something. Why else would the Vader base be so big? This is Hasbro we are talking about. If they didn't need that base big enough to hold something (such as batteries and electronics for lights connected to the Palps), it would be hollow and the thickness of the free figure stands you get with 3 3/4 figures.

so it's just a bust with a 3 3/4" vader and the kneeling platform? I'm sure it will be packaged cool though to make it more impressive.

i still love the one a few years ago that had the 3 3/4" vader that James Earl Jones recorded some phrases just for the figure and the SW convention and you could play the phrases and change the battery from the back of the box without even opening it.

so it's just a bust with a 3 3/4" vader and the kneeling platform? I'm sure it will be packaged cool though to make it more impressive.

i still love the one a few years ago that had the 3 3/4" vader that James Earl Jones recorded some phrases just for the figure and the SW convention and you could play the phrases and change the battery from the back of the box without even opening it.

Yeah, that was the Celebration III Vader. Honestly, the sound chip got old very quick IMO. Plus, it didn't hold its value well. You couldn't give those things away because the supply was so much higher than the demand.

I am pretty sure there is voice or lights or something. Why else would the Vader base be so big? This is Hasbro we are talking about. If they didn't need that base big enough to hold something (such as batteries and electronics for lights connected to the Palps), it would be hollow and the thickness of the free figure stands you get with 3 3/4 figures.

I'm sure the base may have electronics, I was responding to a question about the holo Emperor, which my estimation from the image is just a solo piece of plastic.

What is up with all of the Holographic Darth Sidious SDCC exclusives? :lol

This does look cool though. I just hope it turns out better than Sideshow's Holo Walker did.

Back