HARRY POTTER 6!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Anyone else looking forward to getting the new book this coming weekend? I'm going to away at the comic-con, but I'm psyched!

You read the Potter books? I'm surprised, didn't take you for the type who read that kind of book. (wrong again huh?) My wife has all of the other books, and we have the movies. I like them too.:D

Am definitely planning to get as soon as I can. Really have been grabbed by that series.

Yep! Can't wait, I'll be picking it up at a midnight sale. I've been counting down the days.

I too have had it on pre-order since Amazon first listed it, something like back in December I think! I can't wait to read it and I just noticed that threre are two pre-charges on my card from Amazon which just happen to match my orders for the regular and Deluxe versions of the book!!! :ted

Will have mine at midnight saturday......Even though I have peeked on the leaked pages "whistles"

I've listened to all the audiobooks too - I'm now listening to Stephen Fry's version of Book 5 so I can pick up the continuity more easily. Unfortunately I'll be in San Diego when my book arrives from Amazon. :x

I've listened to all the audiobooks too - I'm now listening to Stephen Fry's version of Book 5 so I can pick up the continuity more easily.

I'm doing the same thing now as well, though I'm a Jim Dale man. :lol

I like Jim Dale's too - but his is the American version - can't have all those Americanizations.

can't have all those Americanizations.

Don't you mean Americanisations? :lol

I didn't realise that there was that much of a difference between the U.S. and U.K. books, or is there? I only own the audiobooks, two of which I have both narrators and I heard no difference, other than I enjoyed Jim Dale as his to me is more animated.

There is more difference in the early books, especially the first one. By the later books they leave in pretty much all the Britishisms, even budgerigar.

even budgerigar

:lol I had to look that one up. :lol Formal word for a budgie. Interesting - tricky ones, those Brits. I'll have to check around on Google and see what other differences I can find. Thanks for the info!:hat

Ordered my UK edition months ago from Amazon.co.uk, and I'm going to have to stay off the usual HP fansites so I don't read anything that will spoil the book for me when it finally arrives. I've had pretty good luck with shipping from the UK, usually about 5 days or so, and I'd much rather have the UK version than the US version.

It's almost here!!!! :banana

I'm a fan but I have to make a sidenote though.... The last book wasnt that great. I'm hoping for this one to be better, otherwise it'll be quite a disappointment...

my wife went to walmart at 12:00 to get it tonight, and she's still in our son's room reading...

:bang2

Back