G.I. Joe Movie Update!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this will be a good movie or a fiasco?

• Good Movie

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Fiasco

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Doesn't matter. With all the fans, it will still make a ton of money.

Votes: 28 33.3%

• Total voters

Sick Boy 82

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope that this isn't old for to many people, but I didn't see anything about the movie under the G.I. Joe/Military Forum. This is from IGN.com. They had a video preview of the new G.I. Joe movie set to come out August 7th, 2009!! Here is a cast list so far and some little details:

Channing Tatum: Duke
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: Cobra Commander
Old News Dennis Quaid: General Hawk
Marlon Wayans: Ripcord
Sienna Miller: The Baroness
Christopher Eccleston: Destro
Arnold Vosloo: Zartan
Byung-hun Lee: Storm Shadow
Ray Park: Snake Eyes!!! :rock :rock :rock
Rachel Nichols: Scarlett O'Hara
Karolina Kurkova: Covergirl Frakin' Hot!!
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: Heavy Duty
Saïd Taghmaoui: Breaker

The director Stephen Sommers said that this will be more like the MI movies than the characters they portrayed in the comics and on TV. It will be set 10 years in the future, so as not to be to close to the international things that are happening today. So now you know, and knowing is half the battle!!

I hope that this isn't old for to many people, but I didn't see anything about the movie under the G.I. Joe/Military Forum. This is from IGN.com. They had a video preview of the new G.I. Joe movie set to come out August 7th, 2009!! Here is a cast list so far and some little details:

The director Stephen Sommers said that this will be more like the MI movies than the characters they portrayed in the comics and on TV. It will be set 10 years in the future, so as not to be to close to the international things that are happening today. So now you know, and knowing is half the battle!!

and with that line right there, i have now officialy lost all intrest.

this image sums up my fealings far better than I am able.
sandwich.jpg

This movie will either be Terrible (D&D/Street Fighter) or will be Entertaining at best, but not worth owning.

yeah but at least, there will be a lot of main characters..holy shat Zartan in there !!!

Yeah, I'm going just to see Park and Lee duel it out. That will be frakin dope and the very best thing about the whole movie.

Ninja fights, hot chicks and guns and explosions....... I'm there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm, going just going just to see Park and Lee duel it out. That will be frakin dope and the very best thing about the whole movie.

I'll be there too :chew

There is an existing thread full of people expecting the worst in the "Other Discussion" thread. Everyone has pretty much just expected this to be horrible and are crossing our fingers to be pleasantly surprised.

Hey, I'm positive about the movie. I think the MI movies story lines may have been a bit weak, but the action was always killer. So, with a good cast and a decent script, this could be a really good movie. But I am also not a nerdy about G.I. Joe at a lot of other people are. I'm nerdy about other childhood things. I want my live-action Thunder Cats already dammit!!

I'm always optomistic about Comic/Cartoon movies, but I have been disapointed before. Just look at the last 2 Spider-Man movies, Superman Returns and the Batman movies after Batman and before Batman Begins. But then look at Batman Begins and it's f@cking amazing!!

So these things can always go either way. If you have a crap attitude about it, they in your mind it will always be crap. Damn negative nerds. I thought we were supposed to be happy about stuff like this.

But I'm going for the ninja fights, hot chicks, guns and explosions. So if it then turns out to be a killer G.I. Joe movie too, then I will be excited.

There is an existing thread full of people expecting the worst in the "Other Discussion" thread. Everyone has pretty much just expected this to be horrible and are crossing our fingers to be pleasantly surprised.

Mostly everybody said the same about Transformers. Loved that movie...

I did too but I think that is because I went expecting it to be absolutely horrendous. Low Expectations really help at the Box Office. I expected X3, Spider-Man 3 and AVP:R to be outstanding and left scratching my head out of all three wondering how to get those hours of my life back.

and with that line right there, i have now officialy lost all intrest.

this image sums up my fealings far better than I am able.
sandwich.jpg

yes I am totally sad about this movie...I was worried about Transformers and at least Bay pulled it off...but I think Hasbro is going to be very sad with the weak performance of this movie...

Yeah, I'm going just to see Park and Lee duel it out. That will be frakin dope and the very best thing about the whole movie.

I think that's what killed GI Joe, all that damn Ninja crap. I really hope they don't pay too much attention to the Ninja aspect, GI Joe was always about the military more then Ninjas for me.

I think that's what killed GI Joe, all that damn Ninja crap. I really hope they don't pay too much attention to the Ninja aspect, GI Joe was always about the military more then Ninjas for me.

Correct that. The Cobra-La killed GI Joe. The ninja aspect in the comics was great as well as the military aspect. They just need to stick with the man, Larry Hama. Hopefully, he will show them the light. After all, he wrote the file cards, the comics, etc. Basically, everything good in GI Joe.

Talk about WTF. Unless he's changed a lot since he was young, I can't imagine casting him as the core villain.

Joseph_Gordon-Levitt%20-%201%20-%20Brick.jpg

The Ninja stuff should only be apart of the greater story.

I was also Pretty pumped up to go see Mortal Combat 2 and that ended up being one of the first movies I have ever walked out of! :lol

Back