Unexpected Gaming Purchase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
so I walked into Target today for something totally unrelated and strolled past the video game section to see they had Wii's in stock. They had gotten in 60 a couple of hours ago and had 8 left. I bought one and so did another guy who was asking me if that was the actual system in stock. kind of surprising since I had not seen any in stock anywhere since well before Christmas...they are probably back out of stick by now.

Wii sports here I come!

Lucky you, I've been waiting for a paycheck so I can finally buy a Wii--then it didn't arrive before I left for spring break and I doubt I can find a Wii near my college when I go back.

Is the nunchuck needed for Wii Sports? I was thinking of getting a second controller if I ever get a console but it's cheaper to just buy the Wiimote.

The Nunchuk is only needed for Boxing in Wii Sports. Its worth it IMHO to have two full sets of controllers, Boxing is a lot of fun and more of a workout then you'd think

Lucky you, I've been waiting for a paycheck so I can finally buy a Wii--then it didn't arrive before I left for spring break and I doubt I can find a Wii near my college when I go back.

Is the nunchuck needed for Wii Sports? I was thinking of getting a second controller if I ever get a console but it's cheaper to just buy the Wiimote.

Nunchuck is only needed for boxing in WiiSports

Seen the same thing on Saturday, walk into woolworths and they had a big display with loads of wii boxes and a big instock sign. About 2 hours latter when i was going past there again the display was about half what it was.

My brother works in a video game shop and he says that once words get out that there are some instock, its like a stampede and then there gone in no time.

Good find Kit, I just picked up Smash Bros here in Fl when you pick it up we will have to play when I get back home.

The Wii is fun. I like to use it as a break from when we're playing whatever on 360.

Kain, what is smash bros? Like a Tekken style game?

Josh, yeah, I put this in my bedroom for when I feel like playing a game, but don't want to be in the basement :lol

Havnt got to play it yet my son is playing mario vs sonic olympics right now. I will tell ya more about it later tonight.

yea i want a wii really bad but ever since super smash brothers brawl came out i want it even more

Kain, what is smash bros? Like a Tekken style game?

Josh, yeah, I put this in my bedroom for when I feel like playing a game, but don't want to be in the basement :lol

Its like a fighting game on speed... you basically just knock the crap out of each other until someone goes flying out of the ring. At first its confusingly fast and mostly a button smasher, but as you play more you get more skilled play out of it. A really fun ass game.

That's actually how I bought my Wii. I was randomly at Target one Sunday and saw it sitting there; so I bought it. Glad I did though, SO fun.

I think a lot of us got Wii's on a random trip. I was out of state and had to get something from Target and I' walking around and they had like 3 Wii's so I went and grabbed it since I was in a state with no sales tax and brought i back home with me.

Yeah, it's funny. I worked at Wal-Mart over the summer and they never had any in stock, then one day I was walking by the electronics section and they had just gotten in like 6 of them, they already sold 2 before they were even able to put them in the cabinet and then were selling 2 as I walked by.

....and then I went and bought Gears of War....:monkey3

Back