Tomb Raider Underworld

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard of this game?
I haven't been able to find very much on it from Eidos. They are being slow about telling us much. Big surprise.
I am very excited to have it. Unlike a lot of people I liked Legend. I also liked anniversary and can't wait for this new one.

I looked for this topic in with the search button and didn't find it. If it exists, please merge my post.

The demo is out!

Wow...all I can say is wow...this is REALLY impressive. Anyone play Uncharted? The forest looks as great as it did there...and the Lara Croft game model, on top of being hot, has to be the BEST in-game use of motion capture I have EVER seen. She moves VERY natural and fluid...it is very cool...even subtle things like the shift of her upper arms in comparison to her lower arms when she swings is natural.

I'm definitely going to be looking into getting this game...it looks beautiful and plays beautifully as well.

Amazing, the demo is wow.....as Bardoon said, the best motion capture work I have seen in a Video Game. Aside from that the gameplay is awesome and has stepped up. I love this franchise....and this game looks like it will be a great one!

Where is this demo?

I've been following this game since it was announced...looks great, I'm a huge Lara Croft and Tomb Raider fan which is why I have her PF right next to my bed.

Where is this demo?

I've been following this game since it was announced...looks great, I'm a huge Lara Croft and Tomb Raider fan which is why I have her PF right next to my bed.

In the XboxLive Marketplace!

Under: Games-Demos-New Arrivals

Enjoy!

the graphics have been stepped up and look really good. the camera is not your friend but it is TR.

I LOVED Legend and will pick this one up too...not until next year sometime though...probably during the slow summer months.

did you notice how her body gets dirty...cool.

Last edited:
I've been playing Legend lately and it's gotten me hyped to to play Underworld which looks fantastic! So glad to see the Tomb Raider still flourishing, I'm a big fan and I can't wait for my Lara 12" figure.

Compared to what has come before it, i was impressed by the demo of Underworld. Save for the camera of course...as usual.

A must-buy.

Most stores will have this game tomorrow as today was the ship date.....but my GameStop got some copies today.

But the ****** bags sold them all. So basically even though I pre-ordered it....they still sold the copies to people that did not pre-order it? How does that work........

Anyways, they said they will have the rest of the order in tomorrow. But I am still very disappointed with GameStop.

Most stores will have this game tomorrow as today was the ship date.....but my GameStop got some copies today.

But the ****** bags sold them all. So basically even though I pre-ordered it....they still sold the copies to people that did not pre-order it? How does that work........

Anyways, they said they will have the rest of the order in tomorrow. But I am still very disappointed with GameStop.

That's an awful Gamestop.

That's an awful Gamestop.

Yes.....it is now. I mean I buy/pre-order all my games at GS, because it is a mile from my house, which makes it convenient to go there. And I thought pre-ordering a game there ensures your pre-ordered copy. But I guess not anymore (or at least when you have employee's working there who are not trained about these things). I never ever have issues when I shop at gamestop when I am being helped by the Store Manager, but any other employee does not know what they are talking about or claims that the customer is making up things (regarding release dates, pre-orders bonuses, etc.).

Just a little rant. :)

you know, the same thing happened to me today with l4d, which is probably a good thing as im gonna cancel it and get tombraider instead, point is you preorder a game to guarantee you get your copy, but the guy at the counter wanted to give me an open copy they had on display cuz he said they were all sold out.....whats the damn point of preordering then? shure as hell not to get the copy they have on display:nono........shame on you gamestop!

you know, the same thing happened to me today with l4d, which is probably a good thing as im gonna cancel it and get tombraider instead, point is you preorder a game to guarantee you get your copy, but the guy at the counter wanted to give me an open copy they had on display cuz he said they were all sold out.....whats the damn point of preordering then? shure as hell not to get the copy they have on display:nono........shame on you gamestop!

Damn I hope they don't do that ^^^^ to me tomorrow. I decided to get L4D now as a buddy of mine also is going to get it, and so we plan to play it together. I still have L4D on pre-order.....and I didn't pick it up today because I was not sure about getting the game or not. But GS gives you the 48 hour window to pick it up, so technically they should still be holding a copy of my game there tomorrow.

If they don't have either my pre-order for TR and L4D tomorrow, then it is simple; I get my money back and go buy the games elsewhere. I know for some, GameStop has been going downhill for a long time. But that is now happening for me.

That's the one thing I can't stand about Game-Stop: when they try to sell you an open copy on the shelves as "new." My definition of new is when the copy is SEALED. That's happened a couple times to me and I just walked out. If I'm paying that kind of money for a new copy, it should be factory sealed.

I don't understand their reasoning that they should charge someone the same price for a sealed version as they do an open copy. If I was to buy the "new" open copy and walk back in a minute later they'd buy it back as a used copy and I'd practically loose all of my money on it. Yet, they can do it and its still viewed as "new." :confused::banghead

That's the one thing I can't stand about Game-Stop: when they try to sell you an open copy on the shelves as "new." My definition of new is when the copy is SEALED. That's happened a couple times to me and I just walked out. If I'm paying that kind of money for a new copy, it should be factory sealed.

I don't understand their reasoning that they should charge someone the same price for a sealed version as they do an open copy. If I was to buy the "new" open copy and walk back in a minute later they'd buy it back as a used copy and I'd practically loose all of my money on it. Yet, they can do it and its still viewed as "new." :confused::banghead

Yeah, I don't understand their concept behind doing that. If they open it to have a display case on the shelf.....then that is BS. At TRU, they get display cases of games specifically to put on the shelf as display (take to counter). If that is the case with GS, then I don't know why they don't get these display cases instead. Half of the time, people just go to the counter and ask if the have the game anyways, rather than looking on their racks and taking the case to the front.

It is stupid............

Back