(MAJOR SPOILERS) Half-Blood Prince (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GilGalad HK

Just finished reading the book, scroll down if you want to read more.

BE WARNED MAJOR SPOILERS!

Man this was a sad one...
I CAN'T BELIEVE SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE!!!!
I never trusted him! Knew he was still a Death Eater!

Just had to vent. Can't wait till others finish so we can discuss the book, I have lots i want to say!

Awww your cute. Haha.. you must have been reading ALL DAY.

I've never read a single Potter Book and hated the films except for the very well done last one. I really should go back and start reading them as I have yet to read a single negative thing about them.

Where did this rank for you Matt? The best yet? Middlin?

Yea spent my whole Saturday reading. I'm a big fan, and was counting down the days. I love the Harry Potter Series, You should really read them. They are way better than the movies. (I still enjoy the movies though)
Book 4 is still my favorite, this would maybe be second or third. This was maybe the most shocking, things are coming to a head I guess, as there will only be 1 more book.

I finshed it just then. Top book.
I'm quite surprised about Snape, as I figured that if Dumbledore trusted him, it was all good.
GilGalad, discuss!

I guess we can start with these. What are your views?
So do you think the school will reopen?
If it does will Harry return?
Harry says he won't, but how else will he speak to the picture of Dumbledore for advice?
Will Hagrid replace McGonagall as head of house?
Who do you think R. A. B. in the locket is?
The only person I can think of is Regulus Black. He may have tried to destroy this when he backed out of being a Deatheater. It also said in the locket that he (whoever took the original locket) would be dead, by the time the locket was read. -only guess I have...

I guess I was shocked to that there was no battle from Dumbledore really. I just asumed that if he ever were to die it would be in a huge battle with Voldemort. Lots of spells and exciting etc. Never exspected it to be a helpless and weak Dumbledore killed by SNAPE.....
but I guess that is 1 reason I like these books. They keep you guessing.

I think that it will, but there will be far less students there, and perhaps no new 1st years? Too hard to tell.
I dont think Harry will, but if he does it will be quic, perhaps taking the portrait and leaving?
Yes, I think Hagrid will replace McGonnagall as HoH. It makes alot of sense, and perhaps he has a big hand in trying (maybe succeeding) to get Harry to stay.
I have no idea about the R.A.B. Will more than likely be a big surprise.

What do you think GGHK?

I think that Ron and Hermione will follow Harry and play a part in finding the horcruxes and ultimately killing Voldemort, and perhaps one of them dies in the process? All I know is I can't wait until it comes out.
Has there been any word on the release date?

Dont expect the next book anytime soon. I read somewhere that she was taking some time off to spend time with her family and will probably only start writing seriously next year! I would guess in 2 years time to get the next one.

So anxious though... I didnt know what to do with myself after I had finished reading it - was so shocked at the ending!

It wouldnt surprise me if both Harry and Voldemort die in the final book in a final stand off against each other and Ron and Hermione get married and name their first born Harry.

I just finished the book today. Fantastic stuff. Anyway I dont truly believe Snape is bad. My theory is is that Snape must have told DumbleDore about the Unbreakable Vow and obviously about Draco. DD wanted Snape to hold his promise otherwise not only would he die but it would leave Malfoy with the weight of murder on his shoulders or result in the death of his entire family. This I think is the reason why when Snape was going to perform the killing curse DD said: Please...severus. I dont think it was a plea to be free but to in fact be killed and I am sure that somehow it is all connected when DD had to drink the potion in the cave and it must have been a recollection of a dream when he said: I want to die. Not sure though. This would also explain why Snape got so angry when Harry called him a coward as Snape just had to do the hardest thing and that was kill DD. But I suppose it could also have something to do about his past and James' taunts haunting him.
I think R.A.B is Regulus Black as it all makes sense about the locket.
Just my .02 anyway. :dance

oohhh oohhh ooohhhh... I really like that explanation!!!!! That sounds pretty cool.

I've always had a rather soft spot for snape, even though he is mean to harry after that scene where harry see's how his father used to treat him I saw him in a whole other light.

I'm so stoked for the new book.... i hope she gets writing asap!!!!

Yea I think there is more to the Snape side of the story yet to come...very good book. I dont think school will start back up for year 7 but it would be cool if Hagrid became a head of house.

I've broken a new record for myself. I've never read a book that fast ever! It only took me 4 days (I am a slow reader and I dont like reading an entire day) to finish this thing. And now I'm absolutely flabbergasted about not beeing able to read a new Harry Potter book for prob another 2 years at least :cry . I really love these books.....

Anyway. I completely agree on the Snape killing DD theory just mentioned above. First off, it is constantly too obvious that JK wants to portrait Snape as a Death Eater, so therefore alone it is porb logical to conclude he's not. Also, there is no possibly logical explanation why DD froze Harry to the spot. If he wouldnt have been frozen, Harry would have prob killed or maimed Malfoy.

What I find rather annoying is that JK keeps killing off all my favourite characters in the book. First Serious, now DD. I certainly dont hope Snape or Ron is next. On the other hand, I like it when the good guys have to suffer! Otherwise it'll be too Hollywood :p .

No clue to who R.A.B. might be btw....

I find this book alot better then the previous one. Book 5 was the worst one in the series for me. I'm very glad this one got me right back in the mood!! Its still no match for book 1 and 3, but just about as cool as 4.

B - I totally agree about book 5 being the worst. OotP just felt too drawn out and a whole chapter dedicated to stuff to do with the Ministry of Magic? :sick
I stil reckon R.A.B could be Regulus Black. As it isnt 100% sure he is dead...otherwise besides him I have no clue. :dunno

A long time to wait to see what is rousing in ole' gals head for sure... my take is she could go several ways with this....story next....

Btw, I've just found a quote from JK in which she says she'll have to look for a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for next year at Hogwarts. Which means the school definately wont close.

That is so wrong, come on at least you can walk up to the people and say it. Instead of speeding off in your mom's mini van sheesh, I did laugh at the last person though.

Man what an a$$hole!! Too bad he didnt crash into a telephonepole that crushes him inside his lame mini van...

It would have been a lot funnier if he'd crashed. I really don't understand why people enjoy being fine fellows.

So just finished it. This one felt even more like an extended chapter than the others. Sure one major thing happens, but there were no real conclusions or even a self-contained story as with the other books. I still liked it but as with Sirius, I don't believe Dumbledore is really dead.

If Snape really killed Dumbledore and is really a Death Eater, then it makes ole Albus look a right prat. As a wise and powerful character we would expect far more from him and if there is nothing more then Jo is really losing it.

However it does look bad for the old mage. We know from Goblet that the ghost of a person can come from the killing wand, that's why Harry raced after Snape hoping to catch him and get DD's soul back from the wand. But what if it wasn't the killing curse he really used? Why was so much made about unspoken spells in this book? Maybe Snape only appeared to kill DD, thus fulfilling his unbreakable vow and giving the OotP a great advantage.

There's also the explanation that DD used Harry as a horcrux like with Spock and McCoy in Wrath of Khan. But to do this DD would have had to kill someone previously and that doesn't seem likely.

I expect to see Sirius and DD back before the end of the last book. She really needs to get writing - Radcliff will be 30 something before they get the final film if she keeps diddledaddling.

Back