Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lookin4Precious

So, I was looking forward to this year of films, but so far, it has been pretty depressing at the muliplex. I have only seen a handful of films and while non of them were awful, only one was GREAT. It seems like all the good films are still to come, so let's hope that the end of the year brings some quality stuff our way!

However... 2006 is shaping up to be a GREAT year. And not because some of the movies sound cool (which i what i based my excitement for this year on) but because nearly all my favorite (living) directors are making a movie next year. Heres the list that I am eagerly Anticipating in no particular order....

INLAND EMPIRE - David Lynch
Zodiac - David Fincher
Inglorious Bastards - Quentin Tarrantino
The Departed - Martin Scorcese
Flags of our Fathers - Clint Eastwood
Marie Antionette - Sophia Coppola
Oil! - Paul Thomas Anderson
A Prairie Home Companion - Robert Altman
Untitled Spike Jonze/Charlie Kauffman Horror Film
Babel - Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
Battle Angel - James Cameron
Goya's Ghosts - Milos Foreman
Untitled 9/11 Project - Oliver Stone

I think that's all for now... looks like an exciting year if you ask me!

There have been some great films this year and I'm looking forward to more this year -

Batman Begins

upcoming Harry Potter, which looked to be the best one yet from the trailer at SDCC.

As for next year - you left off Superman Returns!

I wouldn't have included Eastwood, Altman and Forman on a "highly anticipated" list either - but to each their own.

As for next year - you left off Superman Returns!

Well as I said, i based this on those movies being made by Directors i usually like / LOVE. Bryan Singer does not factor into that list. Though 'The Usual Suspects' was good (albiet overrated) and the X-Men films were well done, I do not anticipate his projects.

Plus, while I hope Superman is good, I'm not a huge Super Hero movie fan... Batman Begins is the only Super Hero flick i think is "GREAT." I enjoyed Burtons Batmans and thought that both the X-Men movies and the Spidey movies were well done popcorn flicks.... and I am assuming that Superman will fit into that same category.

I wouldn't have included Eastwood, Altman and Forman on a "highly anticipated" list either

Eastwoods last two movies (in my opinion) have clearly shown that the guy has had a second wind of excellence in his old age. Both films were EXPRETLY directed... both were extremly focused and tight, and delievered emotional punches (love a good pun) that are rarely seen today.

Altman is always interesting. After 2001's Gosford Park, I'm eagerly anticipating my next Altman experience...

And Milos Foreman! MILOS FOREMAN! All I have to say to that is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", "Amadeus", and "The People vs. Larry Flynt." And if that doesn't sway you... throw Natalie Portman in there to sweeten the pot!

Interesting bit of news..

It seems Paul Thomas Anderson has been ghost directing Altman's upcoming "A Prarie Home Companion," as Altman is 80 and a ghost is part of the package.

Makes me even more excited abou this !!!!

Like you stated about Singer, Paul Anderson has nothing for me to date, nothing he has done IMO rates remotely high on my list...

I do agree Eastwood is a great director he has been doing it for some time and it does not surprise me at all that he still holds his own...

PT Anderson had never impressed me until Punch Drunk Love which I thought was excellent. But he isn't a director that I look forward to. In fact I'm more interested in the project than the director unless it's Spielberg or Baz Luhrmann.

I had to be dragged to Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby and while I can recognize that they are admirable films, they just don't get my blood boiling like a good genre film such as Batman Begins.

I don't know much about the movies listed above but none of those get my going man I gotta go see those.

Oh boy another QT movie sure that will be good :p ;)

There's loads of good films out this year I want to see, or have seen. Don't forget Wallace and Gromit too! ;)

Oh, didn't realize that was comming out next year! The second one was AMAZING! Really looking forward to this one too!

Yeah, I am hopeful seeing as how Paul Greengrass(director of Supremacy) is directing ultimatum.

Supremacy just flowed so perfectly. Great flick.

Yup. The climax.. WOW

That was what Matrix: Reloaded TRIED to be... and it didn't require any CGI .. just well handled old fashioned stunts and well filmed action... it was SOOOO tense and crazy!

Back