Batman Villains 1 (Spoilers)

• Thread starter Lookin4Precious
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman Villains 1 (Spoilers)

• Adrien Brody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crispin Glover

• Sean Penn

• An unknown

• Total voters
L

Lookin4Precious

So if you don't know yet (and want to!!!!!) the idea for the next batman flick is to introduce the Joker as the main villain (while probably have another villain... i'm thinking Cillian Murphy returning as Scarescrow... *Prays*) while introducing Harvey Dent as Gotham's DA. For those who don't know the comics or mythology well.. Harvey Dent becomes "Two-Face". Two-Face will be the main villain in the third film. So the question is.... WHO do You think should play these iconic bat baddies? The internet is (and has been for months) abuzz with rumors, speculations and fan picks... so why not add to it.

First, Joker... here are some of the top names being thrown around... vote away

You know it left off that way, but does not necessarily mean they are gonna go that way...but my choice is Crispin Glover...

I chose Brody. He has the right build for the Joker: long face and thin. The Village just shows how great an actor he is.

Right now I think my choice is Brody too!

And Azog... I believe this is official... or maybe not official but direct from the horses mouth... at least, that is the impression I am under....

My choice would be Daniel Craig ! He was wicked in Layer Cake and he possesses that dark persona essential for the new Bat films

James Marsters - that's who should play him! I'm gonna start a petition!

Are you a mod for the James Marsters forum, Dave?

dstephen aka jamesisgorgeous? ;)

I don't even know where the James Marsters forum is. But he's a good actor that can play malevolent and charming and he's got a distinctive look that would be good for Joker.

Try this on fer size: Brad Dourif

He is an amazing actor - One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest and Exorcist III both showcase that.

OR another choice: John C. McGinley

He also is a fantastic actor, and would be GREAT as the Joker.
Very easy to imagine Dr. Cox from Scrubs as a crazed bad guy.
He also did very good in Intensity and my favorite Se7en.

Interesting choices JS..

No arguements here on Brad Douriff's reputation. He is an amazing actor. He brought Grima so much to life for me.... he was amazing. And yeah, he is an Oscar Nominated Actor that has a weighty reputation for those that know him....

John C. McGinley is another guy that has been around F O R E V E R... and he is GREAT. Scrubs is my favorite show and he is a large part of why.... he also has a great reputation for those that know to look for him...

and that is the problem with both these choices.... they don't have the big time acclaim to suddenly suggest they could be up for a HUGE leading role. Not that I doubt either's abilities... just seems a little off to me. Having said that, Nolan may want to use someone a little under the radar... we shall see...

Names are completely secondary to Nolan (and WB) for this franchise. "Batman" is the only name that's needed. Unlike what they tried to do for the other 4 films back in the day.

Right, Dave! Just think of how many casual movie-goers knew Christian Bale. My father is sort of a litmus-test, an prime example of those kind of people and when I told him about BATMAN BEGINS, it went something like this:

My Dad: "Who's playing Batman?"
Me: "Christian Bale"
My DAd: "Whats he been in?"
Thought for a moment trying to think of movies he could have seen, couldn't think of any.
Me: "American Psycho, Equilibrium, Reign of Fire."
Dad: "oh"
:dunno

:mwaha so true.. i mean.. not to say BB was without its names.. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Ken Wantannabe, Rutger Hauer etc etc... but the bat himself wasn't a HUGE name.... though this has given him the recognition he certaily deserves! (Cillian Murphy too!!)

Gary Oldman too. But no one on the order of Nicholson, Jones (at the time coming off of The Fugitive), Ahnold, Pfeiffer.

It seems they are putting in first tier character actors that can actually ACT rather than star-humping.

I'm not a fan of any one of these choices. But I chose Hammil simply because his Batman Animated Joker is the best I've seen or heard. I don't think he looks like the Joker, so he wouldn't fit the bill all that well.

DaFoe would make a good looking Joker. Lance Henriksen for that matter. Like Jack Nicholson said, let the makeup do the work.

I am not knocking Hammil.. as many love his Joker... but to me... i hated it! I found it sooo over the top and grating. Maybe because i had heard so many great things about his Joker... i don't know.. i just wasn't loving it.

Back