Ikea - BIBY Glass-Door Cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a couple of displat cabinets. I'm looking at the DETOLF but just found the BIBY:

72927_PE189177_S4.jpg

Looks quite good and has a lockable door.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

black and pine only for my taste , I couldn't go with white.
I think it clashes a little too much and takes peoples eyes off whats actually in it. But depends what you like I guess.:rolleyes:

It also comes in red (which looked better IMO) and is made out of metal material. I was looking at those cabinets when I went to IKEA last week. Left unimpressed as they hold roughly the same amount of weight and take less space for collectibles than the Detolf for a higher price. While the lock may seem like a plus, good luck drilling through that metal for overhead lighting. Best bet for lighting would be one of those stick-on LED's.

I've got to say the white isn't doing it for me. I really wanted pine.

I've got a feeling after asking all these questions that I'll probably go with the Detolfs.

I'll need to check their legs as I have a new carpet and it's very bouncy. I don't want them to topple over! :monkey2

Looks nice, but I think the Detolf offers more room for your collectibles.

Depends on how they measure it,remember,the wood plate on top and bottom is bigger than the actual glass on the detold,so it depends if they measure the glass or plates,i dont think its any difference,this Biby doesnt have those bigger plates so i think the actual glass is the same.

Its higher as well,175cm,including the feet the while the detolf is 163cm to the floor.

I think its no difference,only that your figures is beeing lifted higher from the floor:D

I've got to say the white isn't doing it for me. I really wanted pine.

I've got a feeling after asking all these questions that I'll probably go with the Detolfs.

I'll need to check their legs as I have a new carpet and it's very bouncy. I don't want them to topple over! :monkey2

Deltofs come with a mounting strap that you anchor to the wall to prevent tipping over.

I took a look at the Bibys the other day when I was at Ikea, and they really failed to impress me in person. I didn't like the way the lock obscures part of the view, the supports in the corners obscure (as opposed to the Detolf), and the fact that it's metallic instead of wood. Plus, it's a bit more expensive than the Detolf.

I took a look at the Bibys the other day when I was at Ikea, and they really failed to impress me in person. I didn't like the way the lock obscures part of the view, the supports in the corners obscure (as opposed to the Detolf), and the fact that it's metallic instead of wood. Plus, it's a bit more expensive than the Detolf.

Yeah i saw it now on ikeas website,its steel,not wood.

I checked out this Biby Cabinet today when i was at Ikea,its smaller indeed,each floor is smaller,so i think you can just about fit in a 12" figure,but anything higher than that doesnt fit.

A Detolf is the best way to go,more room for less money,and it looks much better than a Biby.

Last edited:
The other thing I'm worried about with the Detolfs are how much weight they can take. It says only 6kg on the Ikea site.

I want to put my Sideshow Weta Lord of the Rings statues in them - Ringwraith on Steed, Morgual Lord, Witch King, Sauron. As well as my HT ED-209, Sideshow 1/4 Vader, 1/4 Punisher.

The other thing I'm worried about with the Detolfs are how much weight they can take. It says only 6kg on the Ikea site.

I want to put my Sideshow Weta Lord of the Rings statues in them - Ringwraith on Steed, Morgual Lord, Witch King, Sauron. As well as my HT ED-209, Sideshow 1/4 Vader, 1/4 Punisher.

Detolfs are fine for one Premium Format figure per shelf. I've had my Sideshow 1/4 Vader on display on one shelf since who knows when (along with 2 Master Replicas Vader Mini Sabers displayed alongside him) with my Sideshow 1/4 Obi on display in my other Detolf.

The accidents that I see w/ those Detolf cabinets are really human error whether the shelves were assembled correctly or bad judgement. You really don't want to put something obnoxiously heavy on one of those glass shelves (like maybe a 1:1 bust) either...

I've been looking at the Billy shelving as well. They hold 15-30kg! :monkey5

I'll try and go to Ikea this weekend and see what they are all like.

Thanks for all the replies!

Detolfs are fine for one Premium Format figure per shelf. I've had my Sideshow 1/4 Vader on display on one shelf since who knows when (along with 2 Master Replicas Vader Mini Sabers displayed alongside him) with my Sideshow 1/4 Obi on display in my other Detolf.

The accidents that I see w/ those Detolf cabinets are really human error whether the shelves were assembled correctly or bad judgement. You really don't want to put something obnoxiously heavy on one of those glass shelves (like maybe a 1:1 bust) either...

yeah I think it has to do with not assembling them correctly and over filling them...I like it when they are less cluttered anyway
I've been looking at the Billy shelving as well. They hold 15-30kg! :monkey5

I'll try and go to Ikea this weekend and see what they are all like.

Thanks for all the replies!

a lot of people have been using the billy shelves...

You should get Besta's PC, thats what im going for.

Heres the link for a thread I started hen deciding what to buy for displaying, check out Optimus' display.
Awesome :rock

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27933

Hope that helps
x

Thanks for that! :chew

They look a lot like the Billy but with a better depth!

I can't really work out what I'm looking at when I see Optimus' display. Are they the Bestas? They don't look like this one that I like:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60102128

Can I add glass doors to that one as well?

Thanks,

Back