Best Luke Likeness.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
Best Luke Likeness?

what do you guys think?

Picture047.jpg

Last edited:
Some features but not really even close to the best likeness (which is the Jedi SS Luke) unfortunately...

I always like the Medi Luke, but it's really not accurate no matter how you paint it.

SS Jedi Luke forever. Every other SS 12" Luke is horrible in MY opinion, not only not accurate, but just Hasbro-bad. Sorry, my opinion though, not trying to "bash" just be critical and honest.

It's a nice repaint and I see a tiny bit of Hamill as opposed to none at all but it's still not a great sculpt. On the other hand SSC have hardly fared much better,Jedi Luke was good apart from the expression but the rest have got progressively worse and I would have expected the opposite even on a likeness like Hamill's that has traditionally proved difficult for sculptors to capture.

Definite improvement but I agree with Pix that the sculpt looks like a young (Clockwork Orange) Malcom MacDowell.

My vote is split between the SS Jedi Luke and a custom Jim "Edylhands" Maddox sculpted Jedi Luke that I have.

thanks guys, I really wanted to make a cool looking luke, and SST's luke does have a great sculpt, but the expression is too scene specific for me.

I'ver always wanted to paint this head!

My suggestion as far as your work goes is that you might want to reconsider the eyelashes, which only exaggerate the resemblance to McDowell. Otherwise, excellent work!

It's pretty good considering the sculpt, but I never could see Luke in it besides the hair, which I admit they did very well. However, the face is too plain. I commend the repaint though, it gives a lot of life to that sculpt!

Definite improvement but I agree with Pix that the sculpt looks like a young (Clockwork Orange) Malcom MacDowell.

My vote is split between the SS Jedi Luke and a custom Jim "Edylhands" Maddox sculpted Jedi Luke that I have.

Do you have any pics of the custom sculpt?

It is decent, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best Luke likeness... But it's far better than I could have done, so I still say, "Well done!"
In addition to Malcolm, it reminds me a little bit of Dirk Benedict from Battlestar Galactica...

It is decent, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best Luke likeness... But it's far better than I could have done, so I still say, "Well done!"
In addition to Malcolm, it reminds me a little bit of Dirk Benedict from Battlestar Galactica...

Yeah, he would make a decent Faceman now that you mention it.

great job man. getting better with every outing here. i think its a great luke likeness. captures him when hes talking to vader on endor. agree on the eyelashes. plus the eyebrows on this head would look better not furrowed but higher and more relaxed towards the eyes. keep up the great job!

Back