Napoleon Dynamite = bad Holes = good Your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JSAuctionService

I attempted to suffer through Napoleon Dynamite last night,
and ended up falling asleep after enduring 3/4 of it. I just
don't get what the fuss is about. I wanted to pound on him
he was so annoying! What do people see in this movie?
I wanted to chew my arm off and put my head through the TV.

"Do chickens have large talons?" Not funny (to me). Sorry. :bonk

Now, on the flip side - I watched the movie Holes (not X rated)
and thought it was a great movie! Great for family viewing -
safe for kids, but smart enough for adults. Entertaining, and
funny as heck in some spots as well.

Just curious on peoples opinions of these two movies.

JS :peace

Napoleon Dynamite is AWESOME! well, it's okay - very clever anyway. Not anywhere near as good as Monty Python which I believe you also don't like JS?

Never saw Holes, the trailer was enough to keep me away. "If it's family friendly, it ain't Dave friendly."

Napolean Dynamtie = hilarious.. though it is one of those films that is funnier when re-hashing it than actually watching it (though it is still plenty funny while watching it)

Holes.. never saw it either. Didn't interest me though i'm sure its a good film. Plus, Sigourney Weaver is always worth the cash...

What? Napoleon Dynamite is frickin awesome. It's hilarious. It's meant to be stupid...that's the point and was actually quite clever and to me geniunely funny unlike alot of American movies with forced humour and just terrible jokes. :puke

Your mom goes to college....best.line.ever. :mwaha

I don't have time for stupid movies like that , I'm training to be a cage fighter !

Never saw Holes, the trailer was enough to keep me away.

Seriously folks - it is a very good movie. I'd almost say great!
The trailer doesn't do the movie justice - not even close.
I don't purchase movies easily or often, but I will likely buy Holes.

Dave - please watch it and let me know. I'd almost bet money
that you'll think it is very good - it is a smart movie.

Don't let the "family" label throw you - it is good dammit! :thwak :lol

JS :wave

Holes was a good book, but poorly executed on the movie, in my opinion the movie did not make the excellent life evolving points the book did..... Nap. Dyn. hilarious movie.....

I guess I've gotta read the book then, as I really liked the movie,
and if the book is better, that would be saying something.

JS :wave

I have heard the same Jeremy. My mother-in-law is a librarian for a elementary school and she was very disappointed in the translation to the screen.

As far as Napoleon that movie is friggin great. His brother is hilarious, I am laughing out loud just thinking of the movie as we speak.

Jesse

La Fawn Duh

That movie's great!

Another funny movie I just saw - Wedding Crashers. I find Owen Wilson to be slightly annoying most of the time, but the movie is great! Funny to the point of tears at some points. Even my too-cool-to-laugh guy friends were :rollin But of course afterwards they resumed their hip Hollywood 'tudes and said "Oh, it wasn't THAT funny". Liars :lol

I have neither seen nor read Holes, so no comment from me on that front. Have heard great things about the book - so-so about the movie :dunno

I'll second that for Wedding Crashers - it's a formulaic romantic comedy, but they just let Vince Vaughn go and he's hilarious. Wilson is a good straight man for him. And the other characters are also eccentric and very funny.

Haven't seen any of these films. ND just doesn't look that great. I've read more reviews that said this movie just flat sucks. The reason I don't want to see it is I think like JS the kid would annoy me a lot. Holes I really don't know much about it. Wedding Crashers looks outstanding but being that I am single and my friends are all busy I'd probably have to see it alone. Wait till DVD time it is.

I only know about my hole, and I really like it...

Oops- sorry!
teehee.gif

Jim, Jim, Jim...
Can't believe you didn't like ND. :dunno
Maybe you weren't in a silly enough mood for the funniest movie in years? :dunno

We are huge fans!
yes.gif

18989.gif

Vote for Pedro!

Grandma just called and said you had to leave because you're ruining everyone's lives and eating all our steak! :lol

Hey Napoleon did you wet the bed last night?
Hey Don did you take a dump in your bed last night?
I could kick your butt Napoleon so I'd shutup.
Why dont you go tell your mom to shutup.
What did you say?
Whatever I feel like I wanna say.
Did you say something about my mom?
Maybe I did maybe I didnt.
Do you wanna die Napoleon?
Yeah right. Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?

:mwaha

I'm a HUGE fan of Napoleon Dynamite. It has occasionally even changed the way I talk to other people. JS you're a freakin' idiot for not liking it. ;)

Seriously, the movie really is a funny satire of how the Puritanical beliefs of Mormon culture really make many people of that religion complete dorks. The director has said that Napoleon's prom with the horrible music and clothes was identical to his actual high school. It's pure genious that they had the self awareness to make fun of their culture in that way.

Now to return to my Rex-Kwan-Do training to become a cage fighter.

Kip = by far my favorite character in the movie.

Oh yeah, I liked Holes also.

At first, I wasn't liking Napoleon Dynamite, it just seemed stupid. But as time went on it started to get funnier once I figured out where the comedy was coming from. In the end I liked it. But if I had watched that clip that started it all, the one where he goes into the thrift store and his eyes light up seeing that Sweet new Fanny pack, I would've got it from the beginning. :lol
Holes? Blaaaahh! I can't stand that no talent piece of $#!# Shia LaBeouf, Every time I see him I just want to stomp him. And then he ruined Constantine for me! >:
I won't ever see Wedding Crashers, Vince Vaughn is too much of an a$$hole for me to like him in anything.

Back