Need some sideshow star wars guidance...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys , I collect alot of sideshow stuff but other than my darth maul pf ( due to him being my favorite character ) I stay away from the star wars line completely. My cousin who really wants and does appreciate sideshow star wars stuff would love some of this stuff but to due to financial problems at the minute he would be stuck to get what he wanted.
Now I was thinking I might buy him something just for being a nice guy and well... you know hes family !. He is more into the last trilogy ( meaning the last one made ) and has always loved the scene with Anakin and obi dueling.
His favorite character is Anakin by far before he is vader in episode 3.
Because I haven't much idea about this stuff I am asking you guys for a little help. I don't wanna get him a figure. I want a statue piece as I think he will appreciate it more and for a stand alone piece I think a statue is the way to go.
Now I don't know whats bad , whats good , what has the force and what doesn't :lol. So without spending too much , say no more than $300 , what piece i the best for anakin or something that may represent episode 3 or the newest 3 episodes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys , Tay.

I'm not much for statues, but given what you've said, there is only one choice for you.
7202_press01-001.jpg

He's sold out on ssc, but you should be able to get him from a secondary retailer np. he's still pre-order too. you could try the waitlist.

He's at the top-end though, 299.99

Yes, the Anakin PF will be (by the looks of it) a great PF and Sideshow Star Wars Piece, my vote too is for the Anakin PF.

I think its gonna have to be between these 2 pieces.
If I buy it and it shows up at my door , I really know I'm not gonna wanna give it too him!. Its so hard to hand over such a beautiful item such as these 2 pieces.
He is a very good friend though so what the hell!.
If it was up to me , I would go for the dio probably but I don't know what he would prefer , if I ask him he would probably think I was being a dick like showing off so I don't wanna take that root. I will have to guess probably !.

has there been any talk of anything new from the last few episodes statue wise before I look into these 2 more ?.
Thanks for all the help guys so far , its greatly appreciated.

I will probably be buying direct from sideshow as I like to see my points go up and price difference with retail shouldn't be much difference.

If he likes anakin before he became vader, do you mean the suit, or before he goes bad?
If he likes anakin before he goes bad, I'd go for the PF.
IF it's just the suit, the Dio.
Personaly, I think the PF figure is the stronger piece however. I ALLMOST bought it, and i hate statues. They can't move, so their expressiveness is limited.
However, this one, is soo expressive to me, even in it's static pose.
7202_press03-001.jpg

nah me and him are both polystone freaks anyhow !. :lol
We don't care if he can move or not , he just has to look awesome !. :lol:lol
Thanks for the help bro ! :rock

Besides what's already out the only thing that's been talked about with statues that we haven't seen yet is the General Grievous Lifesize Bust, but we don't know when and that would definitely be more expensive than $300.

Go for the dio. You get both charachters and 2 characters makes for a more complete stand-alone piece. Also, you said that he loved the duel scene...that speaks for itself.

PF Anakin is definitely the best choice. I've got him pre-ordered and he's gonna be very cool!! Jump on the waitlist and you might get lucky, I've had good luck with this lately (I got Black Cat Comiquette and PF RoboCop this way).

I think I'd go with the Dio. It has the amazing likeness of Anakin as well as Obi-wan plus the emotion of the moment. When I look at it I feel the anger, sadness, and willingness to do what one must. I think your friend will be so blow away by this piece.

Back