PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Bardoon
03-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Anyone remember this old school PC game?

I played it through several of the different game paths! One of my favorite old PC games and extremely well-written on the story side of things as well.

McHavyck
03-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Anyone remember this old school PC game?

I played it through several of the different game paths! One of my favorite old PC games and extremely well-written on the story side of things as well.

Wow, that's a blast from the past.

I never had a PC growing up but a buddy of mine had an Amiga and this game (along with Monkey Island and Zack McCracken).

Loved that game!

tomandshell
03-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I pulled this out the other day and tried to get it to run and unfortunately (but not surprisingly) it wouldn't do anything on today's newfangled computers.

Bardoon
03-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, that's a blast from the past.

I never had a PC growing up but a buddy of mine had an Amiga and this game (along with Monkey Island and Zack McCracken).

Loved that game!

LOL I remember Monkey Island that was another great one! As well as "Day of the Tentacle" (I never played Maniac Mansion) and the Space Quest series or whatever-it-was-called with Roger Wilco!

Oh man those were the days...

tomandshell
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I also enjoyed "Sam and Max" and "Full Throttle." "Day of the Tentacle" was one of my favorites.

thedarkknight
03-08-2008, 10:10 AM
There is software called DOSBOX that will emulate the old DOS systems. My old Fate of Atlantis works awesome on it. But I have to turn the talking off and go to subtitles.

Here's a link to the program:
http://www.dosbox.com/

tomandshell
03-08-2008, 10:23 AM
There is software called DOSBOX that will emulate the old DOS systems. My old Fate of Atlantis works awesome on it. But I have to turn the talking off and go to subtitles.

Here's a link to the program:
http://www.dosbox.com/

Thanks! I will give it a try.

galactiboy
03-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I really liked Kings Quest when I was younger :rock

McHavyck
03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
You really want to talk old school, one word...ZORK:rock :rock

Darth Caedus
03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I also enjoyed "Sam and Max" and "Full Throttle." "Day of the Tentacle" was one of my favorites.

YES !!!! I was going to say that Day of the Tentacle was one of my favorite old school computer games EVER. Never played Fate of Atlantis though.....

I actually played about a half hour of Day of the Tentacle and it was AWESOME!!! Forgot how great that game was.

Trevolver
03-09-2008, 02:23 AM
I actually, to this day, have more fun playing those old lucas arts games than I do playing the new games. Those are classic!

I was able to..download all of the lucasarts games in a windows xp friendly format. I think I just googled it and found something.

Sam and Max has to be my favorite, but they are all amazingly fun and funny!
Trev

Agent23
03-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I also enjoyed "Sam and Max" and "Full Throttle."

Awesome game. :rock

Prime Clone
03-10-2008, 02:09 AM
I read once that Fate of Atlantis was intended to be the fourth film back in the day. The script made it into comic book form, at least.

customfig
03-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I'd actually have this game on my PSP.

chuck20
03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
how are people talking about Lucasarts adventure games and NEGLECTING TO MENTION GRIM FANDANGO?!?! one of the best games of all time. as for Indy, i'm still waiting for a decent game. Which is why i was so mad the one they were working on was pushed back to focus on Force Unleased. Oh well, Lego Indy will do for awhile. :rock

Ven
03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
speaking of internet games, I played d2.. I was the sickest dupper ever.

Darth Caedus
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Just found some of these and they're hilarious..

http://dadott.reelfilm.com/strip74.jpg
http://dadott.reelfilm.com/strip79.jpg
http://dadott.reelfilm.com/strip65.jpg

choopie
03-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Speaking of classics, anybody remember playing Atari's Raiders of the Lost Ark game? I still have the game and my game console stored somewhere. I wonder if it still works. I never found the Ark; I found where it was buried, but could never figure out how to get to it. That's always bugged me. :lol

Murderofcrows71
03-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Speaking of classics, anybody remember playing Atari's Raiders of the Lost Ark game? I still have the game and my game console stored somewhere. I wonder if it still works. I never found the Ark; I found where it was buried, but could never figure out how to get to it. That's always bugged me. :lol

Yeah I remember after you found the ark's location in the map room you had to parachute off one of the mesa's and into a cave and use the shovel to dig I think.

Those old DOS point and click games like Fate and Day of the Tentacle were awesome, I was just playing Day of the Tentacle and the hidden Maniac Mansion game in it yesterday, I might have to dig out the old Sam & Max game next

tomandshell
03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Parachuting into that cave was always tricky for me.

JustinLuck
03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Fate of Atlantis was one of the first PC games that I ever played back in the early 90's. I actually got it for free with a 12-month subscription to PC gamer. They mailed me the full retail box along with strategy guide! Many fond memories. You sure don't see PC mags sending free games anymore. Those were the days.

Kuzeh
03-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh Man!
I was such a fan of old Lucas Arts Games!!
it all started with Maniac Mansion!
Then Day of the Tentacle, I still have that one, I don't know if it works on MAC OS X though...
And Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was awesome too!! I liked the fact that you could play it with a "lots of figthing" mode...Classics!!
Monkey Island was awesome too!! Specially the ESB ending, priceless!!
Why can't they make games like that anymore...all there is now is violence, blood, guts and vandalizing. I enjoy those too though...:monkey3 but would love some funny-story clue-solving type of game...

Darth Caedus
03-22-2008, 01:55 PM
So I'm replaying Day of the Tentacle and I'm freaking stuck. Forgot hot much of a puzzle the whole game is.

FYI, if you want to play those old games, use this.
http://www.scummvm.org/

Darth Caedus
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Just started FoA, interesting game, I'm having fun playing it.