Poll: TPM Palpatine. Sith eyes or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I have Palpatines eyes repainted as Sith eyes?

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I just kit bashed an extra Palpatine I have into a TPM Darth Sidious.

Now, the hood covers his eyes for the most part the way I have it but I was wondering if you guys think he had sith eyes underneath and if so should I have his eyes repainted?

What do you think? :emperor

The Poll is public.

I voted no. We never saw him with sith eyes then so I'd leave them alone.

I just kit bashed an extra Palpatine I have into a TPM Darth Sidious.

Now, the hood covers his eyes for the most part the way I have it but I was wondering if you guys think he had sith eyes underneath and if so should I have his eyes repainted?

What do you think? :emperor

The Poll is public.

Would you paint it your self or pay for it to be done?

Pay. It would go to DarkArtist.

Then all means, I wouldn't have it done. I don't mean that as a comment on his skills. I just don't think the difference is worth actually paying for it to be done. Especially when you don't really know if he had them in the film and the hood would cover it up from a distance anyway...etc etc... and then there are other figures (or a Jabba throne :)) to be bought with the $ it would take to do it.

That said, you might be rolling in dough or something and we all have different priorities...

Actually, if I was you, I'd take this as an opportunity to try to paint them yourself because the worst that could happen is you mess something up that won't be seen well anyway.

I don't think he has Sith eyes in his TPM form...there's a pic somewhere...

LordSidious.jpg

I went with yes. Since you never see his eyes in the film, and if you are only using the head for TPM Sidious, I think it would be most striking to have Palpatine in Sith mode.

I also think doing it Sith-style would make it more unique and interesting for Josh.

I always thought it was a missed ooportunity that, when Palpatine turned from Anakin in EpIII to say "yes, I know you would; I can feel your anger; it gives you focus, makes you stronger" that he didn't open his eyes tothe camera, and they be Sithed ust for a moment before he turns back around.

I always thought it was a missed ooportunity that, when Palpatine turned from Anakin in EpIII to say "yes, I know you would; I can feel your anger; it gives you focus, makes you stronger" that he didn't open his eyes tothe camera, and they be Sithed ust for a moment before he turns back around.

That would be pretty sweet.

I voted no; it makes his final transformation much more dramatic and powerful, and shows that even Sidious' power grew as time went on. At the time of The Phantom Menace his plans were only beginning to blossom, and his eyes should reflect that. Save the Sith eyes for the full manifestation of his powers later on in the Saga. Keep this one low-key.

I'm sure sidious has had sith eyes before TPM even.As anakin showed they can go back and forth.(and i believe the sith can hide them if need be)I think sidious's scaring and ++++ gave his some trauma and he never needed to go back after that again.

The point behind the Emperor in TPM was he was a "phantom" and a "menace". He wasn't "lunatic destructor" yet. He wasn't raving mad or anything. I think without the eyes he represents being the behind the scenes manipulator that he was in TPM.

I say no. Those eyes only show on him and Anakin when they're freaking out anyway. He was pretty calm when ever we saw him so I doubt his eyes were all sithy.

Back