New trailer for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait for the actual trailer to make up my mind.... Visuals looked good.

How was this book in releation to the others?

That's basically the footage they showed at SDCC but with the unfinished effects taken out. And that music is different - have to say I really like it. I hope it's from the film and not just something Extra through in there.

As for the book - I think Goblet is where the story really starts to take off - it's more dramatic, poignant, and dark than the others and finally there's some kick ass magic.

Goblet of Fire is still my favorite of the books so far. Hope the movie can live up to the book! Its gonna be a tough thing to do.

Wow.. very cool!

If this movie is like the last and NOT like the first two that will be cool! As it is the best of the series (at least according to you Matt..) it certainly has the goods to be that good!

i thought POA movie sucked ass, after actually reading the book...

they really butchered the book to make the movie... left a TON of @#%$ out, while adding their own stupid @#%$...

I think the Goblet of Fire is the best book so far (that's including the Half-Blood Prince) but I also think it will be the most difficult to translate into a film. I really hope they don't end up leaving out the beginning to cut the time down - even though many think that's the most logical part to cut out. It sets the overall tone for this part of the story and has some killer foreshadowing...

Well you have to remember that books are not the films, and vice-a-versa. You have to really remove yourself from that way of thinking, or you will never enjoy the translation of the books. It is the same for LOTR, some people just couldn't get passed the way PJ translated the films... the things that were left or changed or added. And if you think like that you really are missing a lot of good things.

Having said that, as a non reader of the Potter books, i found that POA was the ONLY film in the series that was watchable. I understand that the first two stayed closer to the books while the last one strayed (though it was longer, yes?). BUT, the last one was the only one that was well made. The film was handled perfectly, regardless of what was left out. I actually own POA and am not a real "fan" of Potter.

But hey, just my 2cents

Yep, PoA is the best of the 3 films and although some stuff was left out, it's definitely my favorite.

I'm very curious about how they handle the length of Goblet - there's no way they can include everything. But I've seen pics from the World Cup, so they didn't leave that out. From what I've seen it could very well end up being better than PoA. And it's rated PG-13!

I just read today in Entertainment Weekly that the Quidditch World Cup WILL be in the movie, but all the stuff about Hermoine trying to free all the house elves will not. That's a loss I can deal with...

Re: potter

I read that the Dursleys won't be making an appearance in order to save time. Instead the movie is supposed to start right at Hogwarts.
Can't wait to see how they manage "Mad Eye" Moody.

Yes, I read the Dursleys were out, but it can't start right at Hogwarts - they have the Quidditch Cup to deal with first. And I can do without S.P.E.W. too - didn't really do anything for Hermione's character, although prejudice is a huge part of the Potter universe.

You can see a quick glimpse of the Death Eaters at the World cup in this footage. They are walking in a line and burning the camp.

I didn't picture them having pointed hats.

I didn't notice that, but the pointed hats make sense in that it evokes the KKK and the DEs are perpetrating a hate crime.

Thanks for pointing that out GGHK. I immediately thought of the Klan when I saw the pointy hats, but wasn't thinking hate crime - pure bloods vs mud bloods. Interesting.

If shot a certain way the scene could be very reminiscent of a Southern lynching - the Deatheaters suspending the Muggles in mid-air, torches, etc.

Back