Why no Noble Collection talk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Sometimes Noble pops up in the LotR discussion, but with all the Potter fans here I'd think we'd hear more about this company. They're the only place the go for high-end HP stuff, at least they were until GG just got into it. They don't seem to market to the fanbase as successfully as does SSC, GG or MR. In fact if I'd only said "NC" most people wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

However I just ordered Dumbledore and Snape's wands from them since I really like Harry's that I'd gotten previously. They have some excellent Potter and LotR items. I think they just need to market better.

I don't think it helps that most retailers seem to be shut out of a lot of their items. As for their LOTR goodies, the NC swords are way overpriced, and not nearly of the same quality as UC. A few of us had Adam looking into obtaining the GtG staff, and Noble just never got back to him, certainly can't build business that way. :(

A lot of their stuff is priced okay and some are unique items that can't be had any where else. But it does seem they have a poor attitude when it comes to collectors. And their statues have a hummelesque quality that is way out of vogue now that SS/W is on the scene.

The wands are cool Dave, I have Harrry's, Ron's, and Hermione's very nice in the boxes...

the who, the what, the where?

Aren't the Noble swords "real" swords ("full tang", as opposed to "rat-tail?" tang) like the UC swords?

I will not buy another fake sword. No matter how pretty or authentic it looks, I reckon I have to draw the line somewhere. There are too many competitors for my collectible dollar.

If this technical detail is true, any reasonable price difference between UC and Noble should be well worth it.

If this isn't true, duh, I'm not so bright anyway (but I can still distinguish between LOTR and Harry Potter).

Re: the who, the what, the where?

Are they were it Azog? Ive been thinking of picking up the wands for some time.

To my knowledge all of the "hanger/decorative" swords are rat tang, the new Museum Collection by UC is the only exception.

Funny that you mention that Dave, I have been looking into the Noble Collection Theoden Sword, $295. The detail and look to it just looks a lot better than the UC, plus its made in Spain! :ar And as mentioned, our dealers do not carry Noble really but I just may make an exception for this one.

NN9067P.jpg

I really like the Harry wand and also ordered the light up version. I'll probably get all of them, even Draco's which is rather boring looking. The box they come in really makes them worthwhile - like they just came off the shelf at Olivander's.

My parents just ordered me the Harry "final challenge" chess set for my birthday and Ive also placed an order for the Godric Gryffindor sword. :bliss
I recently got a boxed set of 5 HP books and was half considering aquiring the Basilisk bookends but Im really not sure.

I'm also tempted by Lucius' walking stick, it's very cool looking.

I still may get that "Fawkes" even thought I still wish it were lifesize (like I have room for a Lifesize Phoenix).

Just checked out their page wow a bunch of new wands are up. Lucius Malfoy's Walking Stick looks awesome and plus it becomes his wand.

Glad to hear that everyone likes the wands. I have been debating on wether to buy these, think I'm gonna go ahead and order Harry's, Ron's, & Hemione's.

I hadn't realized the Lucius' stick had the wand too - now I have to order it.

Are the wand boxes wood? what are they made of? I see they are velvet lined.

The boxes are a heavy cardboard much like a shoebox - but they're fancier. They have an insert that is velvet over foam so the wand doesn't rattle around.

cause the NC pieces suck...?

i've had quite a few and got rid of them all...

the who, the what, the where? I am that, what? I don't know, where? here for now. You guys are on drugs. Pass the whatever from the left hand side. Oh yeah baby. Yeah. :hat

Back