New shelving

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus is not dead

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I posted photos of my collection maybe one year ago:
(it looked like this):

1st room:

2nd room:

I asked for advices and I've been answered to move all the dvds and books elsewhere so I've bought a DJ case, put all the dvd's in it :

09.jpg

the dvd cases here:

08.jpg

then you just have to make a list to find them in the DJ case:

10.jpg

If you're interested I'm using a freeware called Filmotech you can find it here: https://www.filmotech.fr/ (it's only in french),you can have the cover of the dvd ,link to the movie trailer...
I've bought the DJ case here: https://www.nierle.com/ but I think you can find this anywhere.

And now it looks like this, 1st room:

from the left (door) to the right (Kong)
00.jpg

01.jpg

and I've reached the 10 images limits/post so I will continue in a new post but you can already see what I've done everywhere I strengthened the shelving with vertical panels of wood because I've always been afraid to put all this weight in simple shelvings .

Nice innovative way to support those guys. Never thought of doing that; May have to carve out some fun shapes on the vertical pieces to liven up my room.

I especially like the look of the wood; Not as cold as glass or metal. Now if I just had room for more shelves.:monkey2

Nice setup thanks for the pics ;) Also like the artwork as it always adds that something extra to a collection :cool: Just one thing is that 2 Ringwraith on Stead pieces i see :google

Great set-up. Seeing that your shelving is made of wood, I think the Vaderstelt print will look better in a wood frame as well. That's a top-notch print. It deserves a top-notch frame.

I am no good at setting up wall shelves. They always fall on me, lol.
I love your collection tho and the setup is really great. :D

Awesome collection, who made the 1/1 alien busts?

from left to right:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2922
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2903

Looks great dude! It's very well displayed. But I imagine dusting is a pain in the butt.
nice set up
how you deal with dusting really?

a little brush with soft bristle and a lot of patience...

Also like the artwork as it always adds that something extra to a collection

You're right I've first bought the John Howe's Barad-Dur Giclee with the opportunity of an express update and it immediatly enhanced all the statues.
I've found the Kong litho on ebay and recently bought the Hellboy giclee when there was a 50% discount for superbowl.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=8912
(it's now shipping to the EU warehouse )

Great set-up. Seeing that your shelving is made of wood, I think the Vaderstelt print will look better in a wood frame as well. That's a top-notch print. It deserves a top-notch frame.

and for Jerry's litho you're absolutely right but:
I had not enough money for a great frame but wanted to display it anyway so i've bought this frame and I also wanted to have the 3 lithos to see how much place I've got on the wall to display the 3 together.
I could put he 3 but I couldn't put a large frame because I haven't got much place on the wall.

Just one thing is that 2 Ringwraith on Stead pieces i see
TWO Ringwraiths on Steed????

Yes,I have cloned it :lol

Thanks everyone for the comments , here's the 2nd room:
(and I'm going to bed-I had no connection yesterday and now I'm just back from work it's 6 am) :sleep

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Damn man! One of the finest collections I have seen. All fantastic pieces and very nice setup. So jealous of your alien heads :D

You've got all the biggies!!!

As you can see Aliens made a big impression on me!

I think I'm going to slowly calm things down now ,
I will continue to buy some statues , like the Indy PF (talking about big impressions Raiders of the Lost Ark comes first I was around 9 when I saw it)
but maybe become more selective ,"finish" the shelving with lights maybe something behind the statues (some kind of panel, I don't know yet) to hide the braces
(I've thought about mirrors but it's monstrously expensive) ,at best embed a few digital photo frames in the walls ,
showing a slideshow of pics and trailers from the movies ,photos from Sideshow's production blog ,dvd's documentaries showing for exemple Stan Winston's Studios work.

Then I could probably paint the walls... :lol
but it's not for tomorrow,it's only in my head,I will post some pics next year and you'll see what has been done!

I think that the only statue that is seriously missing in the collection is a endoskeloton but I always reported it because it was always available at Sideshow and maybe I will regret it now...
The endo,the Mines of Moria and the Helms Deep environment, are the 3 "sold out" I envisage to get (they can are not among the rarest sold out items)

For now it would already be great if I decided myself to separate from some 12 inch figures I don't have the place to display anymore ,
(it's not only the place in fact I don't manage to display them with polystone anymore).

What do you think of the 12 inchs above the Adam Hughes comiquettes ?
They are the one that I thought suited best with the rest ,some kind of Marvel-Comics-Spawn... place but I'm not really sure of the effect anymore,it's THE big question ... to keep them or not.

Back