Original Indiana Jones Trilogy Special Edition DVD Re-Releases: May 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Luca$film strikes again! Officially announced today.

Pretty cool, I guess. But it's a total double-dip. I do love the retro covers (except for "... and the Raiders of The Lost Ark" :banghead ).

And where are my Blu-ray discs? :tap Oh, that's right... gotta squeeze every last dime out of DVD first. :rolleyes:

20080303_1_sm.jpg
20080303_3_sm.jpg
20080303_2_sm.jpg

Here's the complete announcement:

Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade Debut Individually for the First Time on DVD, With All-New, Exclusive Bonus Features on Each Movie

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (March 3, 2008) – According to the American Film Institute, he’s the greatest action-adventure hero of all time – and his unforgettable exploits can be relished by fans old and new as never before when all three INDIANA JONES movies debut as individual Special Edition DVDs and in an all-new box set on May 13.

Released by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Special Edition DVDs boast all-new, exclusive bonus features that dig deeper into the making of these cinematic milestones than ever before. All three were originally restored and remastered in 2003. Created with fans of all ages in mind, the bonus features provide never-before-seen explorations of the making of these classic movies and showcase the characters, action and extraordinary visual effects that have made the movies indelible cinematic treasures.

Each film makes its DVD debut just days before the highly anticipated return of the “Man in the Hat” in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

“An entire generation of movie lovers will get to see these classic films in a digital format that makes them even more amazing than when they were first in theaters,” said Howard Roffman, Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. “These new, individual DVDs are a fantastic way to introduce young audiences to the unforgettable, action-packed adventures of the most daring archaeologist in the world.”

Directed by Steven Spielberg from stories by executive producer George Lucas, the three INDIANA JONES movies earned six Academy Awards® and nearly $1.2 billion worldwide. From the groundbreaking excitement of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) to the sinister mysteries of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) and the father-son adventure of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), the heroic Dr. Jones continues to delight audiences with his thrilling on-screen exploits.

Previously available only in a trilogy box set, the three films of
THE ADVENTURES OF INDIANA JONES were restored and remastered to deliver an exceptional viewing experience to existing enthusiasts and a whole new generation of fans. All-new bonus content delves into the making of the legendary series as the filmmakers and cast look back and a new world of adventure opens up with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and others offering hints about what to expect in the newest installment.

20080303_1_bg.jpg

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

• Raiders of the Lost Ark: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
  • Indiana Jones: An Appreciation—The cast and crew of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull pay tribute to the original trilogy.
  • The Melting Face—A recreation of the amazing physical effect of the villain’s melting face in Raiders of the Lost Ark, including
  • Steven Spielberg and George Lucas commenting on the evolution of visual effects and CGI.
  • Storyboard Sequence—The Well of Souls
  • Galleries
    - Illustrations & Props
    - Production Photographs & Portraits
    - Effects/ILM
    - Marketing
  • Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures Game Demo and Trailer

20080303_3_bg.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

• Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
  • Creepy Crawlies—Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Frank Marshall reminisce about snakes, bugs and rats.
  • Locations—Travel across the world to discover where the films take place and where they were shot.
  • Storyboard Sequence—The Mine Cart Chase
  • Galleries
    - Illustrations & Props
    - Effects/ILM
    - Marketing

20080303_2_bg.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: An Introduction by
    Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
  • The Women: The American Film Institute Tribute—The three
    Indiana Jones women (Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody) reunite for a discussion.
  • Friends and Enemies—Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and
    Indiana Jones writers discuss how they created the most iconic characters in film history, including a look at new faces in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
  • Storyboard Sequence—The Opening Sequence
  • Galleries
    - Illustrations & Props
    - Effects/ILM
    - Marketing

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark has a running time of 115 minutes and an MPAA rating of PG.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom has a running time of 118 minutes and an MPAA rating of PG.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade has a running time of 126 minutes and an MPAA rating of PG-13.

For even more information about the adventures of Indiana Jones, visit www.indianajones.com

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. PHE is responsible for the worldwide sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks Studios, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS, PBS and Hasbro and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

Lucasfilm, INDIANA JONES and related properties and titles are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. TM & (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Last edited:
Well that's some $$$ i'll be saving. I refuse to re-buy a DVD for special features...

Dangit, I just want the Blu-rays.

And also Irish, way back when the first DVD's came out, I also did a "WTF? Indiana Joens and the Raiders of the Lost Ark?" Also, damn them for messing around with the colors on the Amsel art.

“An entire generation of movie lovers will get to see these classic films in a digital format that makes them even more amazing than when they were first in theaters,” said Howard Roffman, Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. “These new, individual DVDs are a fantastic way to introduce young audiences to the unforgettable, action-packed adventures of the most daring archaeologist in the world.”

:yuck

Seriously, do actual human-beings even talk like this? What a wanker.

They basically split up the box set. Makes sense but I don't need them.

I just hope there's a Blu-Ray box set of all 4 films come Christmas (I also hope Blu-Ray players are WAY cheaper then too :rolleyes:).

“An entire generation of movie lovers will get to see these classic films in a digital format that makes them even more amazing than when they were first in theaters,” said Howard Roffman, Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. “These new, individual DVDs are a fantastic way to introduce young audiences to the unforgettable, action-packed adventures of the most daring archaeologist in the world........just not on Blu_ray!

“An entire generation of movie lovers will get to see these classic films in a digital format that makes them even more amazing than when they were first in theaters,” said Howard Roffman, Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. “These new, individual DVDs are a fantastic way to introduce young audiences to the unforgettable, action-packed adventures of the most daring archaeologist in the world........just not on Blu-ray until we're done milking the last tit off the DVD cash cow!

Fixed. :monkey3

I'm upset about them not being on Blu now, but if when the new movie comes out on DVD and it ISN'T in blu yet, THEN I will be really pissed. Lucas will officially have crossed the line... again.

The Temple of Doom cover is cool. I always liked that poster far more than the other one. The other two, don't really care. Besides, the original set came out on my birthday in 2003. Can't beat that.

Also, damn them for messing around with the colors on the Amsel art.

Cosigned. :mad:

Let's take it easy on the color correction...color "correction"...for the Blu-ray release, Art Department. The yellow levels were fine. Leave the yellow levels alone.

Being that Lucas couldn't sleep at night knowing that Han Solo shot first. I wonder how he's feeling knowing that Indiana Jones shot the swordsman rather than fight him. Essentially these were both the same situations, yet the Raiders scene has remained in the movie...Oops I'd better shut up before Lucas gets any ideas!:D

Being that Lucas couldn't sleep at night knowing that Han Solo shot first. I wonder how he's feeling knowing that Indiana Jones shot the swordsman rather than fight him. Essentially these were both the same situations, yet the Raiders scene has remained in the movie...Oops I'd better shut up before Lucas gets any ideas!:D

For one thing, that remains in RAIDERS because both Ford and Spielberg would rip Lucas' heart right out of his chest if he ever edited it:

246.jpg

Well that's some $$$ i'll be saving. I refuse to re-buy a DVD for special features...

Got that right. I'll get them on Blu-Ray when that comes out, but this set is a waste of money if you have the other box set.

I'll pick these up, since I don't own the trilogy box set on dvd....

I'll only get Raiders and Crusade, though. This way I can skip Temple of Doom.

So should I go ahead and buy these or wait for the original set to really sink in price once these hit? :lol

Back