why being in the UK sucks...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Thamesvalidude

1) My mother in law lives here.
2) 75 degrees F is considered hot and summer lasts 2 weeks
3) $8 for a gallon of gas
4) narrow roads that my SUV won't fit in
5) 5 TV channels or the dreaded Sky at £45 a month
6) Cricket
7) Pound for dollar on all action figures
8) No Oz notice yet, no Xander notice, no Highlander notices.

On the plus side, no hurricanes, bush fires, earthquakes or Christian fundamentalists. (just a few islamic nutters with bombs).

Can I come home now

You kinda get used to it here, lol. I've lived here all my life! And I'm still waiting for my Oz/Xander notices too!

I know, I know, I'm just being jealous and moany because all those guys are getting their notices.
I live in a very beautiful part of the country, in the Berkshire Downs. When my family come over they really love it it's so green etc ....and it's a beautiful morning, so I shouldn't moan and those figures will arrive in due course.

As for the price of gas and the mother in law..........

we have something called the glastonbury festival that makes it all worthwhile, bring your mother in law to this

as for fuel, weather, ect fuel is on the up, winter is comming BUT sideshow is shipping my predator exclusive for ........Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ahh feck, i forgot about 17.5% import duty!

I love the weather here.. its soo predictable! Rain, rain, and more rain.

Can't believe anyone could find anything bad to say about Cricket, with the finest Ashes series ever to take place happening as we speak! (so we're inbetween tests). I was at the 2nd Test, at Edgbaston.. the atmosphere was brilliant and all the more since England won! :banana

Couldn't agree with ya more on the price of petrol though.

re

I hate cricket... soooooooooooooo booooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiinnnnnngggg...

And does ANYONE understand the rules?

Could be worse though. Could be American 'Football' :hat

Re: re

Come on the Aussies!!!!

Scottish-Australian Alliance
(we share the one common goal) :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: re

Makes me think - would non-USers prefer not to know that it's shipping? Or does it help to know that you'll be getting them in a couple of months?

I have to say, despite my bitching and moaning Dave, I like to know stuff is coming out because it builds up the anticipation.
It's just a jokey, jealousy thing.

I love the UK and I can't even think about living anywhere else. I think myself extremely lucky that I was born in one of the best and beautiful countries in the world with all the benefits that go with it that most other countries don't have.

However I think it sucks that I've just had 2 weeks off for summer to avoid the hot weather and the families with kids running around the hotel where I work only for those weeks to be mostly rain and when I come back yesterday, not only am I doing much longer hours but it's so hot I sweat all day at work, precisely what I was hoping to avoid!! Grr. And it's only going to get hotter apparantly! GIVE ME A BREAK GOD!!

I've gotta say English pubs have improved and most do now put bottles of Bud or Michelob or Sol in the fridge. I buy Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Sam Adams Boston Lager at my supermarket and feel like I'm home. My local is totally excellent.
My bro (LA dude) doesn't understand why I drink US beer. I take him a bottle of Bishop's finger, Old Peculiar, Tanglefoot, Abbot Ale, Black Sheep etc every time I go home and he loves it. All the kids in L.A. seem to drink Newcastle Brown (way cool) while over here it's only the old drunks and Geordies (my in laws) who touch the stuff (served warm).

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

American "Football" :sleep :sleep :sleep American "Football" :sleep :sleep :sleep American "Football" :sleep :sleep :sleep

Baseball :sleep :sleep :sleep Baseball :sleep :sleep :sleep Baseball :sleep :sleep :sleep

Real Football :banana :rock :banana Real Football :banana :rock :banana Real Football :banana :rock :banana

:rollin :rollin :rollin

republic of Ireland v Italy in international friendly tonight

Ireland:bliss :banana :bliss :banana :bliss

Italy:poke :fart :puke

Re: why being in the US sucks...

Yes, the UK does have a TV Tax. But then again, we have taxes too don't we? ;)

"GOD BLESS THE USA!!" :thwak
And US football sucks, as does every televised sport. :sleep

The cricket is rigged. The door sales were that far down, England had to win to bring the crowds through the gate. Now there has been a draw we will see Australia do their usual whip 'em with a wet towel. They've won one match out of how many?, and they have us on the ropes. Still be my heart. I have only been to the cricket once, crikey nearly 20 years ago now, and it was the same thing. No-one could be bothered as the same team kept winning, so to get some money in they throw a game then make a come back just to get some excitement happening. :sleep

The beer is not served warm. It is served at room temperature, that being just above freezing most of the time. You have to keep things in their proper perspective, right?

God :thwak Down with dictators. Well, whatever he is, I never voted for him, and I sure as hell, oops christ, oops, as sure as eggs is eggs, don't trust him.

Australia sucks also for getting the figs notice. Cricket is BOOOORRRINGG!! God i h8 that game, load of crap. absolutely hate it!

Howzat!!:lol

Back