I'm Thinking About Getting Some Kotobukiya Star Wars Figures

• Thread starter Psycho Cenobite
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Psycho Cenobite

I'm interested in getting Darth Vader (version 1), Sandtrooper and Darth Maul.

Has anyone got some good pictures of these? I've only seen the very small pack shots.

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

Re: I'm Thinking About Getting Some Kotobukiya Star Wars Fig

Here are pics of my Vader 1 and my Darth Maul Koto figures. These are really nice. They aren't cheap looking IMO but if your wanting something like Polystone with these then I wouldn't get them.

PC - I sent you a pm - please let me know if you receive it.
(ya never know these days if they'll reach you or not) :bang

I've got some good high resolution pictures for you, so please
pm me your e-mail address again. Thanks! :bow

JS :wave

i love the kotos,i have the maul,vader and jango,with the scout on the way.

Hi JS. Thanks for the PM. I've replied with my work address... I'm really interested! :rock

PC :balrog

I recently bought the scout trooper and think it is great.
The 'vinyl' aspect feels and looks great and seems to add some realism to the armour. The scout has a great pose, and is just well sculpted and painted. I absolutely love it.

I just hope they put our R2D2

Scriff

im still waiting for the new yoda to get here. these are also great for the desk at work. i have my luke stormtrooper at my desk and it always catches people's attention.

Our Darth Maul arrived yesterday. He looks just like in the pictures. Great dynamic pose and he is really big! If only these figures weren't so expensive. :/
By the way, the new Koto Yoda looks weird next to him. I think he'd look much better with a base under the tree trunk. Gotta make him one, poor little fella. ;)
We're just waiting for Vader 2 now, but it'll be August/September when he's out.

Congrats on your Maul Goldberry. He is fantastic looking. Yeah, the Vader 2 will be cool looking you should also get the Vader 1 if you don't have it coming :)

Received the Scout and Sand Troopers yesterday, and Yoda. They're all nice, the scout trooper is superbe.
I have Obiwan which isn't very good, Darth Maul is excellent and the Clone Trooper is alright. But you'd best wait for one of the commandos to come out instead.
Vader I was ok but sold him as I feel that a character like that deserves a Premium Format Figure in my collection. If you do get a Koto Vader, go for the secnond version.

Thanks, Josh. :)
you should also get the Vader 1 if you don't have it coming
I'm afraid that won't happen. It's the boy's money and he already said he wouldn't be ordering any more as he wouldn't be able to afford anything else then. I think he is after the Boba Fett bust (for Xmas though) and that should be it. He's also a well-trained Lotrmaniac. :lol

I understand that. Gotta get get as much as ya can with the money ya got.

am I allowed to send a link for the Kotobukiya Star Wars figure I have up for sale?

Koto's have great bang-for-your-buck value & have been around longer than SS & GG.

Remember though, that they are 1/7 scale, not 1/6 if you're planning on displaying them next to SS or GG items.
The Vader, Maul, & Windu are all bending their legs or are in a crouched position,
so I personally do not find the difference that noticeable or a deal-breaker for me.

One caveat: The Japanese artisans cannot sculpt a caucasian face to save their behinds. Big noses, blank faces abound.

I would skip all of those human faced-figures as they are nothing short of hideous.

I have all the OT armored troopers and Vaders plus Boba Fett 1, Yoda, Leia, Droids and McQuarrie set (this set is still boxed). I like them all, Kotobukiya made really great armored figures.

Back