i robot ...Sonny Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool. But I passed, have toooo much on order.

That is really cool, I enjoyed the movie too so I might pick this up.

MOTION SENSOR FUNCTIONALITY: The motion sensor operates by detecting motion and temperature changes. The sensor scans the infrared signature at a forward 45-degree angle by 3-meter radius. Any changes in the infrared signature activates the light-up Positronic brain. Once it lights up, it will stay on for about 20 seconds and then turn off until the next change is detected.

I have a Sonny bust too! I love it. The motion sensor is a bit wonky at times, but the light-up positronic brain is so cool.

Congrats on getting him, dr2red!

SS is kinda late to this party. The Sonny bust came out a while ago and I grabbed mine from ebay for a pretty good deal.

My favorite aspect of this bust is the translucent "skin". You're able to see the mechanical parts underneathe Sonny's face, like in the film:

IMG_0293.jpg

Some shots in the dark:
IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

What I wished this bust had is the articulated neck that is featured in the NS4 busts. It's kinda ironic considering the NS4 robots are inferior to the NS5s in the film.

I might pick up one of the NS4 busts, even though I'm not fond of that particular design.

I used to have this bust, but in the end I wasn't all that impressed with it and got rid of it. It didn't take long for the motion sensor to completely stop working on it. Just felt the quality wasn't there.

Such a shame because I love the movie and love the character. This would be a great figure for Sideshow to tackle in bust form or even PF.

I would jump on a sonny pf!!! and a 1/6 figure :rock.
Not so keen on this bust , too small for me !. If it was 1:1 I would reconsider.

Inaccurate in what way?

Sonny looks pretty good, but the NS-4 bust is wrong. The eyes don't glow, and a good portion of the back should be uncovered, and from what I can tell it looks completely covered on the back. Also, the neck is wrong, it has a joint that goes up to the head and then has some kind of 'floating' casing that goes around the front on the neck. It's also a little bit too round, needs to be a bit more squarish.

Man, if only they'd built him in 1:1 scale like the one from the Japanese DVD release I got. I'd love to exchange it for one with working electronics, but half scale is just too small.

Back