If it's locked...remove it!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Magneticzero

If your going to lock a post....it should be removed from view.

It's not fair that one cannot respond to a final comment, which is one side of an arguement!!!

The problem with that is when we delete something we get a second thread that says, "hey where did my thread go?' double edge sword...

I think this thread should be locked. We can always make a new one.:idea ...:|

I wish there was a way the mods could put some kind of place-holder in when a post has been deleted; that way when reading the thread, you at least know you are missing a piece of information. I missed what ever went on in the locked thread, and it looks really strange to read it the way it is. Of course, if the whole thread were deleted, at least I wouldn't have any questions about trying to understand what is going on in an edited thread. I quess it's like being "between a rock and a hard place", can't win either way. :dunno

The problem is, like this thread, leaving a disharmonious thread continues the disharmony that caused the lock in the first place.

just make a new section titled "Children at Play" and move all the bickering threads to it. that way the kids can still fuss freely while not dominating the space on the regular boards.

:dunno

i don't think a thread should ever be locked...

I agree too. Locking a thread means the debate/argument reverts to another thread or just bubbles until later.

Threads should be allowed to burn out on their own like a lit fart!

re

Dumb_Dumber_fart_t-shirts.jpg

:p

Re: re deleting

Deleting a thread just causes more problems than it ever can solve.

Many people put a great deal of thought and time into what they write. There is not much online more aggravating than to have one's work simply deleted.

Granted, some mindless one-liners deserve it, but anything with a great deal of thought, even when wrong, deserves consideration- if only to reject it.

I would have liked to read more about this: "Head of Pixar Killed in Car Crash"

Why was it deleted?

Because it turned into a Rep vs. Dem, Conservative vs. Liberal, pro Bush/Iraq vs. anti Bush/Iraq debate. Though while frustrating, it still should not have been locked as people were simply stating their opinions. It never resorted to name calling or the like... we're all adults.. we should be able to talk/argue/disagree all we like... but , just my 2cents

If you want to talk politics go to a political forum. But then again thats my .02 cents

Back