The Man With The Hat Is Back. And This Time He's Bringing His Son (?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pretty cool looking promo poster art of some kind:

indy4-26feb-shia-poster.jpg

https://indianajones.moviechronicles.com/2008-02/second-indiana-jones-poster-with-shia/

Totally harkens back to the Last Crusade teaser one-sheet, which my subject line was referencing:
003_indy3arp.jpg

Looks cool, glad Indy has a grissled look as opposed to old and tired.
Same here.

Another Indy thread? C'mon!
Sorry. I couldn't find the existing thread dedicated to promo posters. Oh, wait...

How many Indy threads do you think Irish will start by the end of the day.

I'm gonna say 12.:rolleyes:
They're completely separate (and topical) subjects posted in the appropriate forum. What's the issue, exactly?

:rolleyes:

I'm glad you said that and not me. Actually, Khev's the one who started a gazillion G.I. JOE threads all at once. :lol

Still, as long as every thread is for something different, I don't get the fuss. Today's 3 new threads (three... man, we're really tearing up the bandwidth of the internet :lol) were simply the latest INDY "news" topics to pop-up in the past day or so.

I think some people are still ticked that we're not stuck discussing all-things INDY in one thread in the General forum. :lol

esh. Its seems like Geroge and Steven really want us to like this character (mutt) I hold my opinion till I see the movie, but so far its been hard to take him seriously...:emperor

Yeah, they're really pushing The Beef. I guess since Transformers made so much money he's considered a "star" now.

I don't hate the kid, actually think hes a pretty good actor so more power to him. It'd be cool to see yourself all over the world on posters and such. Won't know if I believe him or not as Indy's son though until May but the whole "Mutt" name is a painful pun on the "Indiana was the dog's name" tie in.

Would anyone want to see a spinoff adventure movie with Shia as Indiana Jones Jr. or whatever they'd call it? Maybe if it had a cameo from Harrison?

If he is good at it and believable and its well done I don't see why not. If just five years ago you told me Nicolas Cage would make a great film (IMHO) as a Treasure Hunter looking for National Treasure I'd laughed in your face, but those are some of my favorite movies. Harrison will always be Indy but the honest truth is for the franchise to continue they need new blood. If Shia is good then why not?

Would anyone want to see a spinoff adventure movie with Shia as Indiana Jones Jr. or whatever they'd call it? Maybe if it had a cameo from Harrison?

Nothing against Shia, but I have no interest in watching anyone else trying to fill Harrison Ford's Indy shoes.

I love Shia.

Besides from that, I don't think he will be playing Indy's son. He's some kind of apprentice or student of his. This has been confirmed by a serious Spanish magazine. I don't think they'd say it if they weren't sure.

I love Shia.

Besides from that, I don't think he will be playing Indy's son. He's some kind of apprentice or student of his. This has been confirmed by a serious Spanish magazine. I don't think they'd say it if they weren't sure.

Magazines put up wrong information all the time. And besides he's definitely not an apprentice or student, in the trailer we know he doesn't even know he's a college professor.

But personally, even if Shia does great in the movie, I don't want to see any spinoffs.

i agree, no indy without Indy. Succesful Spinoffs are the exception, not the rule...

I'm not too interested in a Shia spinoff myself but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather play Indy's son or make a spinoff film. If it had Harrison as Indy for a scene or two I'd go see it. No Harrison Ford at all and I think it would be doomed. It's probably a long shot anyway, but might happen if this movie is a huge smash hit and the audience responds well to the Mutt character.

Back