Base/Diorama for Indy Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck20

Super Freak
Reaction score
How many of you guys are planning to make a base or diorama setup for Indy to display him in when he gets here. I was thinking of making a base with some simple ruins and overgrown jungle. Or maybe an egyptian temple with heiroglyphics. I think it would totally make the figure. Anyone else thinking about doing something similar?

Last edited:
I'm thinking of making a modest temple display from the beginning of Raiders. Styrofoam, some of that moss in a bag you find at the hobby store, grey paint... nothing too fancy.

I have a friend who pointed out to me that some of the props used in fishtanks work pretty well. I've been keeping an eye out at pet stores since.

Probably will create some jungle environment for him. You can buy allot of fake plants, rocks and such at model kit stores.

I'm thinking about buying something that someone puts for sale here.....:monkey3

i'd say depends on the materials. I think I'll use painted styrofoam that has been carved to looks like rock and such. Model shops do have a large amount of moss and whatnot that could be used. 12in scale skeletons might also be a good item to use.

Triad Toys made this base a while ago, I think it's more for a Tomb Raider custom but it kinda looks like the background from the Idol scene in the beginning of Raiders. I have one and I like it.
520.jpg

I don't have many 1/6 scale so he'll just dispaly with the other lines. I will make dioramas for the 3 3/4" line though.

Triad Toys made this base a while ago, I think it's more for a Tomb Raider custom but it kinda looks like the background from the Idol scene in the beginning of Raiders. I have one and I like it.
520.jpg

What was the $$$ of that one? I remember seeing it last year and thinking that it'd make for a good 1/6 Indy background.

That Triad base is really cool. It'd make a great companion for Indy! I plan on displaying mine with this:

IndyDio.jpg

It's about 15" tall and 8" wide. I found it at a Target on clearance last year. Originaly there were three dowels just under that last relief holding it to a baseboard. So I sculpted the lower 3" and repainted it. It's not accurate to any of the films, obviously, but I can't wait to put him next to it!

That Triad base is really cool. It'd make a great companion for Indy! I plan on displaying mine with this:

IndyDio.jpg

It's about 15" tall and 8" wide. I found it at a Target on clearance last year. Originaly there were three dowels just under that last relief holding it to a baseboard. So I sculpted the lower 3" and repainted it. It's not accurate to any of the films, obviously, but I can't wait to put him next to it!

Close to a Temple of Doom... nice find.

IndyDio.jpg

OOh that looks great. they're both nice ideas to incoproate into a Diorama, which is what I;d do. :D

Back