New Orleans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dasciutto

I saw the news today on the dutch television.
I was shocked when i saw all the water in New Orleans.

From this place in a dry and hot Netherlands i wish all the people the best, and i hope that the help will come quickly.

My WETAholic website

wetaholicbanner.jpg

It now being considered the worst US natural disaster in history. New Orleans is 80% underwater, it will take at least 2-3 months before things get to a somewhat normal operation. Gas prices are already skyrocketing to 5.79 a gallon in some areas surrounding the disaster area. It really is sad looking at the video.

Most places are completely looted, including a brand new Hard Rock Cafe where all one of a kind memorabilia has been stolen

yes.. it is a total disaster and a tragedy. Looking at the damage and seeing the footage my mouth was on the floor. My heart goes out to all those people that are feeling the effects of this (not that they will be able to read this... they said it could take 3-6 months just to get POWER back!!!)

Luckily, these poor souls can take comfort in the fact that our President cares enough to actually lean over on his couch and peer out the window of his plane while it passed....

THEY ARE SAYING THAT THE DEATH TOLL WILL TAKE MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT. THEY SAY THERE WERE PEOPLE IN THEIR ATTICS TRYING TO WAIT IT OUT WHO WERE DROWNED.

PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS & THEIR FAMILIES.

Luckily, these poor souls can take comfort in the fact that our President cares enough to actually lean over on his couch and peer out the window of his plane while it passed

What would you do? I dont even know why the need to take a shot. But what would you do?
I hope we see a lot of action because of this and I refuse to get into a political argument. I just want to know what would you do if you were president?

Didn't you know Viking...It's Bush's fault New Orleans had a Hurricane.

That comment really didn't have a point except to start another arguement.

I guess the President isn't able to survey the damage in Air Force One to decide the federal aid that would be given.

I just wish we would see some good ol' Texas justice on those looters! :skull :arch :stake

Texas justice on those looters!

Ooooooo I LOVE oxymorons! We should kill these people who have lost EVERYTHING they ever had in their lives (those lucky to still have their lives) which for a lot was not much to begin with. They are stranded with no where to go, nothing to eat, drink, nothing to keep warm with.. living on a freeway, etc. You honestly begrudge these people for getting diapers for their children? Some food to feed their families? A blanket? A tent? Really? I would like to think that as fellow humans we have a little more compassion than that...

And I wasn't trying to start an arguement (though I do love to get you going...). Of course Bush isn't to blame for the hurricane (i think he would actually have to be seated on his throne in hell to conjour that power.... i kid) though the millions and millions and millions of dollars that were cut out of the budget despite the repeated and dire need to fix the levvy's (which caused the waters to rise as high as they did) and the total lack of help of the able bodied men and women who should be here to help us through this tragedy but are instead on the other side of the world dealing with Iraq. At some point... Bush should at least pretend he is actually concerned with the well being of Americans here at home.

though the millions and millions and millions of dollars that were cut out of the budget despite the repeated and dire need to fix the levvy's (which caused the waters to rise as high as they did)

Your lack of understanding about the effects of a category 4 hurricane's effects on a large city located below sea level is abysmal. Throwing money at a problem is not always wise and would have made no difference in this situation.

You honestly begrudge these people for getting diapers for their children? Some food to feed their families? A blanket? A tent? Really?

No, but I do begrudge looters taking big screen TV's, guns and ripping power generators off of children's hospitals.

Of course Bush isn't to blame for the hurricane (i think he would actually have to be seated on his throne in hell to conjour that power.... i kid)

Geeeez, Kerry lost....get over it already.:rolleyes

Alright... i just need to learn to NOT discuss views on this board... but i will say Kerry losing has NOTHING to do with my disgust towards Bush. It isn't simly.. oh well.. my candidate didn't win.... but like I said.. i'm done talking about politics.

Alright... i just need to learn to NOT discuss views on this board...

Absolutely nothing wrong with posting your views, just remember that not all share them with you (or me). As for President Bush, I think he has done some great things but he also has made some huge screw ups too (a member of the human race I guess).

Anyway, now is the time for us to be unified in the face of this disaster. We can criticize and pick apart what happened and who screwed up later.

Sorry L4P if my post was taken wrongly, what makes me outraged is that the rescue teams had to pull back for fear of being shot by these thug looters. The police are having to stop in the relief efforts as well, so that they can enforce martial law. I completely agree that in desperate times, well of course desperate measures (to an extent), but running off with TVs and guns, etc well that I am no fan of.

I do apologize if my post sounded insensitive, that is not at all my feelings, in fact I am donating money to the relief efforts, and may try to get involved in more ways than that.

I am just embarrased that tragedy brings out this kind of evil in some citizens of our nation. :(

people will find ANY reason to blame something on Bush...

give it a rest...

this is a NATURAL disaster, and even though this was bound to happen, you need to use the money you have for the NOW... not for something that COULD happen...

and yeah, i say hang the looters, rapists, and murdurers...

this is a NATURAL disaster, and even though this was bound to happen, you need to use the money you have for the NOW... not for something that COULD happen...

Yeah....all that money spent on protection if terrorist COULD strike, yet it was KNOWN to the US government that the 3 main threats to US were:

1. Major earthquake in California
2. Terrorist strike in New York
3. Major hurricane in New Orleans

Back