The OFFICIAL Robby the Robot thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
"I am monitored to respond to the name, ROBBY!"

What is an Aliens and Robots section without a Robby the Robot thread!?!?!?!

So, with my newly acquired 15" talking Masudaya ROBBY the frickkin' ROBOT :rock that so rules... :rock I thought I would start one.
Thanks again to RAGACIN for the deal that allowed me to get this long sought after figure!

He arrives...

Robby1.jpg

Open!

Robby2.jpg

The hand of fate

Robby3.jpg

And a temp look at him on my shelf...

Robby5.jpg

Soon, to paint up the bits and parts that need it, and display in all his lit up glory!

Do YOU have a Robby???

He is indeed, old school movie Robot, but what a cool one he was!
And with the advent of that Amok Time Gort and Klaatu set, this becomes a really serious grail area filled for me. So, I am pretty stoked here! :chew
I really love all these old clanking guys!

I've had a few different Robbys over the years, but nothing that nice looking. I would love to see a video of him in action.

Forbidden Planet was one of the first sci-fi movies I remember seeing as a little kid.

awsome :rock

your quick actions def slaughtered my curiosity to the punch. :lol

congrats!!

Can't wait to see what Robby looks like when you are done Les!
My all time favorite robot.

I got the 40th anniversary dvd last year, it came with a great little Robby, with the enfasis on little. I'll post a pic in the morning. But that bad boy looks fantastic, can't wait to see it in all it's spleandor.
I also have a nice 'Robot' from Lost in Space, but Robby was always the one I've wanted in 1/6th scale.

Well here he is, as I said he can't compete with your monster Les.
he's small but perfectly formed, the waist and ams are articulated-
rob1.jpg

rob3.jpg

rob2.jpg

rob4.jpg

rob5.jpg

rob6.jpg

Thanks for the cool extra lil Robbys, Wook! :rock
And thanks for the lead on that 10" one.

I will be in with a vid of mine as soon as I can get him working and painted up some.

So is that a 1/6 scale, I saw when it was up in the commerces section but I wasn't sure.

I'd love to have a Robby the Robot, such a classic and a suit you see pop up every so often in later Sci-Fi shows and movies.

Its the great piece which i'd love to own,i think it would fit in with the 1/6 scale nicely. It may be a little too big but it the best one available.

You got the Masudaya ROBBY the ROBOT?!?! Ok, I officially hate you now!! :D

It all evens out. You have the Enterprise crew! :monkey2

And I love that he is a tad large. Just makes him more monumental. He was pretty big anyway. Think of this as Japanese 1/5 not US, so it is smaller than normal 1/5, as Medis and other 1/6 are smaller I guess. Very close!

Back