Anyone picking up the McFarlane Halo 3 action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
The first series should be shipping soon (this week quite possibly), and I'm pretty excited for them. I know some are turned off by the relatively small scale (5-6"), but it's not a big distraction for me.

I'm hoping to snap some photos once I get my set in from CSC, but for now, Spawn.com has the packaged shots. I saw a few of them at Wondercon a couple days ago but the sellers gouged the prices to $20+ a pop!

halo3s1_masterchief_packaging_01_dp.jpg

halo3s1_brutechieftain_packaging_01_dp.jpg

The full set includes a jackal, grunt, Cortana, Chief, Spartan (w/variants), and Brute Chieftain.

So anyone else getting these?

I pre-ordered them when the game was in hype.

But lost interest, so I canceled them all.

Yeah the Halo craze is pretty much over, but I liked the character designs from the games, so I jumped at the figures. I've always liked the idea of having near-perfect interpretations of the Halo characters in toy form, and the previous Joyride Halo 1 and 2 toys weren't that great, so the Mcfarlane ones are a godsend.

My set just shipped today! Will have pics up soon.

I got the regular figures and the red EVA at wal mart tonight and i love them. Best mcfarlane figures ever.

mcdefeat.jpg

mclit.jpg

mcaction.jpg

eva1.jpg

eva2.jpg

cortanalit.jpg

I saw these pics over at Fwoosh, Magnuz! Great pics, I especially like the 1st and last ones.

I was gonna snap some shots when my set arrives in the mail, but you've already posted some fantastic photos! :chew

I went hunting yesterday (Tuesday), but couldn't find anything at 4 different Walmarts, I guess North California WMs haven't gotten them yet. :monkey2

Are you gonna get the WM exclusive blue Spartans? And what base is you Master Chief standing on in the 2nd shot (and the 1st, but he's not "standing" on it :D)

The first shot is comprised of two bases, one from mcfarlane 20th anniversay ripclaw (the grass/stump) and the rock section which the brute is on and which mc is on in the other shot is the base from the toybiz X-Men lines Avalanche. It was the line released like last year for X3 instead of real movie figures, with the kind of goofy odd designed figures, avalanche came with that rock base with a wierd bristle brush bottom on it, i just unscrewed the bottom and ripped it off and its a cool rocky hill base for stuff i do pictures with.

As for the blue spartan, i saw the blue cqb but i ordered the steel cqb from gamestop so i left it, i prefer the steel anyway. Im only gonna get like one color of each armor permiation and leave it at that.

I like how the one pic is pretty much a screenshot from the commecial. Kinda makes me wanna get a Brute just for that pose. I picked up a few from my Walmart this afternoon:

cimg1802wv1.jpg

CIMG1807.jpg

Doh, just opened MC and his right hand broke off when turning it. Had no problems with Blue so figured he would be no prob.:monkey2

cimg1813dg2.jpg

Last edited:
I had a similar problem with my EVA Spartan. His right wrist joint was stuck and when I tried nudging it and turning it a bit, it broke off. I fixed it, but it still sucks. My other figures turned out pretty good though. The shoulder joints on my Brute were super tight, and it took an effort to get them to turn smoothly, but everything else works fine.

So overall it's a good line, but I don't think I'll be getting any more of the Covenant figures, it'll be all Spartans for me from now on.

some quick, crappy shots:

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

Forgot to mention my Red Spartan also had the right wrist stuck, but to avoid breakage I didnt attempt to move it. when I need a new angle I just turn the forearm to the correct postion. They really need to release some regular marines so people can attempt to make the Believe diorama.

The light-up Cortana is very cool, although it's a shame that you need 2 AAA batteries to power the lights.

I'm having way too much fun with these little dudes.

IMG_0284.jpg

With the support stands and the poseability (on a McFarlane toy no less!) it looks like these could be a lot of fun. I thought Halo 3 was utterly disappointing though, so I am torn.

With the support stands and the poseability (on a McFarlane toy no less!) it looks like these could be a lot of fun. I thought Halo 3 was utterly disappointing though, so I am torn.

They're the best Halo toys ever, and probably McF's best line in ages. If you're still on the fence, just grab the Master Chief figure (or any one of the spartans) and see if you like it. They're only $10 at Walmart.

Uh, just to avoid confusion, they don't come with those support stands. Those are from some Revoltech figures I own. They plug into the back of the McF Halo 3 toys perfectly though.

Got some more today, so now my collection contains:

MC x2
Blue's x3
Brute
Jackal
Grunt
Red

CIMG1821.jpg

And me going for the pose as the other had.
CIMG1822.jpg

CIMG1823.jpg

Picked up 2 Steel and 1 White Spartan's today from gamestop. So far out of 12 figures (10 of which are open) only two broke. One MC at the wrist, and Blue Spartan lost a thumb.

The Gamestop in my area didn't have the steel CQB in stock. Darnit.

So far only the red EVA spartan has given me problems, the rest are peachy.

Hey Sniper, what's the least favorite figure in your [growing] collection? Mine would be the Jackal, he's so boring.

Back