"The RAIDERS Movies"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just watching some of the documentaries again on the Bonus disc that came with the trilogy DVD set a couple of years ago and I noticed something that I had forgotten about: Spielberg still refers to these as "The RAIDERS movies..." and not "The INDIANA JONES movies". He even referred to Temple of Doom as "RAIDERS 2" and Last Crusade as "RAIDERS 3" a few times.

While it's probably insignificant to most, I find it amusing, especially given Lucasfilm's penchant to view the whole thing from a marketing whore's POV (i.e., calling the first movie "Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark" on packaging now :rolleyes:). I recently watched a quick clip of Spielberg on E! and he refered to the series as "The RAIDERS pictures" again, so it's still what he calls them. I wonder if he's needling George's marketing and revisionism by doing that, or if he sincerely feels that these are all "RAIDERS movies".

Anyway, it's trivial and anecdotal at best, but still amusing to me. And FWIW, my best friend and I (who grew up together with these and the SW OT) have been referring to KOTCS as "The new RAIDERS movie" for a while now. I think I will continue to do so. :lol

(For the record, anyone who calls the first movie "Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark" should be shot on sight. :emperor )

For the record anyone who makes another Indy thread should also be shot on site.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:rotfl:monkey3

gun.gif
gun.gif
gun.gif
@ BadMoon

:lol

:duff

I noticed that when I watched them some time back. I think its funny he pokes ole George kind of saying man you gotta stop.

I love Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Anyone want to discuss how much they also love Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark? Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark is a great movie. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark.

I love Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Anyone want to discuss how much they also love Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark? Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark is a great movie. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark.

NOOOOOOOOOO! :monkey4 I agree with IrishJedi, in the fact that Raiders should be called Raiders of the Lost Ark, not Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I call the rest by Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. I rarely call the be the Indiana Jones and the ... Though I do call them the Indy movies because of the character they are about.

:emperor
gun.gif
gun.gif
gun.gif

If you watch the prequel special features, you'll see that George Lucas seems like to call lightsabers "laser swords" as well.

He also calls Dooku Doku, and Naboo Nayboo.

I think he just likes trying to be different, like the British calling sweaters jumpers and french fries chips. Damn British, always gotta be different.

There was also a BTS video a couple years back in which he pronounced Hoth with the "O" not silent (i.e., "HOE-TH"). What a weirdo.

Weird.

He reminds me of a grandma trying to talk aboth their grandkids Pokeyman cards. He created the stuff, and directed most of the films, you'd think he'd know how to pronounce it.

Weird.

He reminds me of a grandma trying to talk aboth their grandkids Pokeyman cards. He created the stuff, and directed most of the films, you'd think he'd know how to pronounce it.

Not only that, but the Q&A with Seth McFarlane on the recent FAMILY GUY: BLUE HARVEST DVD was pretty telling. Seth hummed 2 or 3 themes from the SW films that were instantly obvious and recognizeable to see if Lucas could guess what they were... he didn't get a single one. He didn't know what the Cloud City theme was and thought the Hoth Ice Battle theme was the victory theme from ANH! :google :rolleyes:

Well, Isaac Asimov once said that if he had to take a test on his own stories, he'd fail. I think as fans we just have a different perspective on things.

Not only that, but the Q&A with Seth McFarlane on the recent FAMILY GUY: BLUE HARVEST DVD was pretty telling. Seth hummed 2 or 3 themes from the SW films that were instantly obvious and recognizeable to see if Lucas could guess what they were... he didn't get a single one. He didn't know what the Cloud City theme was and thought the Hoth Ice Battle theme was the victory theme from ANH! :google :rolleyes:

That's awesome! Lucas has pretty much become a self parody at this point.

Well, Isaac Asimov once said that if he had to take a test on his own stories, he'd fail. I think as fans we just have a different perspective on things.

If you worked on the same story for 30 years, you'd think every nuance would be burned into your memory.

Weird.

my friend used to work in a grocery store and he said an old man once came up to him while he was stocking frozen goods and said "hand me a box of dem dar jalapeno poppers". he pronunced jalapeno just like it looks with a "J". ever since ive been calling them the same thing.:lol anyway, i call the movies indy 1, 2, and 3.

To me they are "Raiders" Temple" or "Temple of Doom", and "Last Crusade". Also StarWars, Empire, and Jedi. Prequels are worst, better, and best. :lol

Back