Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
If there is a thread sorry.

source: starwars-universe.com Nov 07'

Rick McCallum spoke at France's Star Wars Reunion II and took questions on the future of Star Wars.

SUMMARY

LIVE-ACTION SERIES

• Boba Fett is in the Live-Action Series.
• McCallum wants Daniel Logan to play Fett once more.
• John Williams is also wanted by McCallum to score the Live-Action Series.
• Live-Action Series occurs between Episodes III & IV.
• All New Characters. (No Expanded Universe Characters.)
• Episodes will have an original unique musical score per show.
• Six Writers already hired begin work on scripts in November 2007
• McCallum will have a contract for 100 Episodes & hopes to extend it by 400 Episodes.
• Live-Action Series to be shown on cable.

THE CLONE WARS 2008

• Clone Wars 3D CGI will premiere Autumn 2008.
• Season One will have 21 Chapters (Episodes).
• More Trailers will be available when broadcast network is selected.
• Series maybe be broadcast worldwide at the same time.
<table class="forumline" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="row1" align="left" valign="top" width="150">

</td> <td class="row1" valign="top" width="100%" height="28"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%">
</td> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><hr></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">

source: https://www.aintitcool.com/node/34451

SUMMARY

FILM INFLUENCES

• Television Series set between Episodes III & IV embracing "a little bit of everything in the show" and "embraces the broad scope of the STAR WARS universe".

• Imperials will be everywhere in the new show. Undercover Operatives and Imperial Officers of all makes and ambitions: "nearly all of them will be afraid of Darth Vader".

• Rebel bases & Imperial Star Destroyers are featured.

• Death Star Plans - Unknown extent to which the plans are featured.

• Pod Racers - The characters, shenanigans, and politics the events bring with them.

DROIDS - THE ANIMATED SERIES INFLUENCES

• Thall Joben - Name of a Pod Racer which first appeared in the 1980's DROIDS Animated Series. (DROIDS was set in the era between Episodes III & IV.)

BOUNTY HUNTERS

• Mandalorian Bad-Ass Character - AICN source insinuates "at least" one Mandalorian bad-ass in the course of the series.

• Boba Fett - AICN's teased with the comments from the source: "something about Boba Fett… should be in his 20s in this series… angsty… disenfranchised… and simmering…"

MOVIE CHARACTERS & RELATIVES OF

• Rebel Naberrie - A 20-year old male related to Padme Naberrrie.

• General Papanoida - Either return of the Lucas Revenge Of The Sith cameo character Baron Papanoida or another derivative character.

• Bib Fortuna and Oola - Characters from Return Of The Jedi.

TELEVISION SERIES VERSUS FILMS

• Series will be less “good guy - bad guy” in nature & offer far more insight into characters, why they feel what they feel and where they’re coming from. This will be true for good guys and bad guys alike.

• According to another AICN source: "Overall tone of the show is rather close to the adventurous nature of EPISODEs IV, V, and VI… just a little edgier."
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

millenniumfalcondaniellyl7.jpg

SW is not over folks!!!:chew(And more JW is always good) Looks like Medicom and SS will have plenty more to offer in the future!! I for one am way more amped for the live action show than the animated show.

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars Live action and Clone wars TV shows

Thanks for the information... I really hope these shows are great. And at 100 episodes for the live action I forsee lots and lots of video sales in the future :rotfl

I still wish the TV series would take place after ROTJ, but maybe if this one is a hit we'll see some future series in different time periods.

I hope somewhere down the line there is a cameo of Ewan McGregor as Obi- Wan. Maybe he and Yoda can have an involvement in the rebellion, at least off screen?

I hope somewhere down the line there is a cameo of Ewan McGregor as Obi- Wan. Maybe he and Yoda can have an involvement in the rebellion, at least off screen?

Thanks for the info

You never know, about Ewan

if its a success Im guessing he will jump at the chance

Yoda well youd will have to contact his agent first :)

Hopefully it will be well received by the majority, its got a lot too live up too

The clone wars might be released in cinemas for the first couple of episode which i think what happened when the batman cartoon in the 90's was released. Be cool to see star wars in the cinemas again.

The live action series sounds promising,Viewpoints of rebels and Imperials should be welcomed i would think.

Heres the Anchorhead version (cut scene) to get people in the mood for between ep3 and 4, even though it's ep4 i think it gets us a feel.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8zkvkgwMW0w

(i wish they woulda left it in, makes biggs death much more potent in the end of the movie.)

Yeah, I'm really excited to see where this goes. Battlestar Galactica proved that you can have a Sci-Fi TV series that is worth taking seriously, I have a good feeling that this will be a interesting series to watch.

The part I especially like is that Good and Bad will not be so cut and dry. Really helps expand the universe a bit. I'm sure it will be a huge hit.

If Lucas wants Obi he'll have to recast which wouldn't be too difficult since you can find someone who resembles a bit of Ewan and a bit of Alec because Ewan has done nothing but badmouth his experiences on Star Wars since wrapping. He was so excited to do it but afterwards wants nothing to do with it so I seriously doubt he'd do anything with the show.

It might not fit continuity though if Yoda or Obi were included, remember Yoda is living in isolation on Dagobah and judging by Luke's interactions with him no one else knows anything is alive on that planet other than creatures, his whereabouts would have to remain hidden to work so he's out.

Leia's message to Obi-Wan was "You served my father in the Clone Wars", they are over so Obi didn't have anything else directly to do with the rebellion from that point on. He was busy watching Luke.

I'm surprised it'll be on cable as initially they were talking about ABC getting it because of their relationship with Lucas already in the Disney connection....and its also interesting that they want to extend by 400 episodes!!!

100 episodes is already a lot around four to five years worth on a weekly basis, he is talking about 500 total episodes!?!?!

Sounds like the live-action might be alright. still afraid that the prequels will have influenced it too much. Like they'll probably have Stormtroopers with random colors splashed on.

I hope maybe the series will pretty much ignore the prequels. maybe they can do that

Actually the Stormtroopers in "The Force Unleashed" have color coded rankings similar to the Clones, it would be interesting to see just how Palpatine decided to do away with rankings and colorings and how the Empire became so streamlined.

It seems like it will probably do really well. It's also interesting that the actor who played Boba in AOTC ended up actually being a good choice for an older Boba Fett that won't look out of place between characters.

It's awesome that they want to have unique music for each episode, but I doubt that John Williams would do all of it, perhaps if he can lay down some main themes with another composer finishing it up.

If the Obi-Wan Kenobi and/or Yoda Characters make small appearances in the LATVS, they wouldn't necessarily need to be involved in the rebellion. The could dedicate an episode to showing Ben helping Luke out of some mess without Luke's knowing about it. Or something like that.

Ewan has done nothing but badmouth his experiences on Star Wars since wrapping. He was so excited to do it but afterwards wants nothing to do with it so I seriously doubt he'd do anything with the show.

See, McGreggor was thrilled at the idea of being in Star Wars, and I'm sure looking back on it, he's glad that it's him in the films. What he always speaks negatively of is the type of filmmaking it is, he prefers to act with people and environments that are really there, and the PT trilogy was like 75% green and blue screen and I'm sure working in that environment and being directed and everything can suck for actors who are used to working more old school. Hayden and Natalie have risen in the age of filming that way so they probably were less bothered by it than the older generation.

I hope the producer's recognize the need for a multitiered story line that takes that draws the viewer in weekly (ala BSG, Lost and Rome)... personally, as I mentioned in a similar post, I do not want to see

"Bucky the Jawa, underaged and desperately curious, auditions for Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes... but when a devious Gonk droid steals his Kloo Horn, not only is the evenings performance at risk, the very tollerance towards droids, and their place in cantinas is at stake."

I want drama with consequences... I want questions answered and new ones asked... I want all the heart the prequels lacked.

See, McGreggor was thrilled at the idea of being in Star Wars, and I'm sure looking back on it, he's glad that it's him in the films. What he always speaks negatively of is the type of filmmaking it is, he prefers to act with people and environments that are really there, and the PT trilogy was like 75% green and blue screen and I'm sure working in that environment and being directed and everything can suck for actors who are used to working more old school. Hayden and Natalie have risen in the age of filming that way so they probably were less bothered by it than the older generation.

This is true and a lot of people are taking it out of context.It's not that he hates the prequels but rather how they are made.(the type of filming it is,the tedious of it,the unrealness,and the lack of emotion of it)

I guarantee LFL will be utilizing green screen a ton on the TV Series so I guarantee either way Ewan won't be back.

Sounds like the live-action might be alright. still afraid that the prequels will have influenced it too much. Like they'll probably have Stormtroopers with random colors splashed on.

I hope maybe the series will pretty much ignore the prequels. maybe they can do that

Considering that one of the subplots of the show will apparently follow the Podraces and Pod racing characters (which will almost surely all be CG creatures) I'm thinking that ignoring the prequels ain't gonna happen.

Back