Roberto's Original Trilogy STAR WARS Toy Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord1967

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Alright gang,

Here it is for those of you that haven’t seen it before: My STAR WARS Toy Collection.

I hope I don’t regret this…

Before I post the pics a few brief points:

1) EVERY ITEM in this collection has been opened , assembled and played with. The packagings are only my way to store and protect the toys when not in use.

2) I’m not a “displayer” or diorama builder . I’m just a collector. If I had the space in my home for big sprawling diroma displays, and if I had the time for maintenance of a loose collection (cleaning, dusting, etc.), I might be more inclined. But that unfortunately is NOT the case. My home is under construction and the dust and dirt exposure might very well damage a loose collection.

3) I admit that I have something of a mental psychosis regarding STAR WARS toy collecting :D: I collect like a 13 year old kid from 1983 who wants to re-enact the Original Trilogy movies. That’s it. That’s why there are so many duplicates of fighters and what not. I never out-grew that kid-like desire.

Now, will I ever actually live out my childhood fantasy and play an OT re-enactment with these toys? Probably not. I'm a 40 year old f@rt with a mortgage, bills to pay, and not enough time on my hands to play like that. But I’m a squadron builder and army-builder just the same.

4) As for Collector Case duplicates: My entire collection of Star Wars action figures is loose, and I use the cases to store them. That’s why there are so many.

5) The Millennium Falcon Extraordinaire is stored in a big box, because I simply don’t have the ceiling height in my home necessary to hang display it. A minimum height of about 12 feet is required to maintain a 6 ft.walking clearance underneath the ship. My ceilings are only 9 feet. And again, I don’t want it damaged by the construction going on in my home at the moment. The graphics on the box are just my attempt to liven it up and make it less boring than just a big non-descript brown carton.

6) This room only represents the TOYS of my collection. Higher-end items (plates, framed lithographs and giclee prints, costume items, etc.) are stored elsewhere.

Anyhow… here are the photos of my STAR WARS Toy collection “storeroom”.

Last edited:
In this first photo we've basically got my IMPERIAL FORCES shelf with all my Vader cases full of my Imperial army.

Moving to the left, I've got my Playsets shelf...

view1.jpg

Last edited:
... As we move toward the LEFT some more, old Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke SKYWALKER stand guard over my squadron of TIE FIGHTERS and Darth Vader's Tie Advanced X-1

view3.jpg

Luke Skywalker is apparently doing DOUBLE guard duty... this time with dear ol' daddy Darth Vader!

Here, they both standing guard over my squadron of Tie Interceptors.

To the left of that, Princess Leia guards my C-3P0 Collector Cases containing my Rebel Forces Personnel, and my General Character cases from A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi...

view4.jpg

Moving farther to the LEFT...

R2-D2 and C3-P0 stand as representatives of the REBEL FLEET of my collection: A-Wing Fighters, B-Wing Fighters, Rebel Transports, Y-Wing Fighters, Millennium Falcon(s) (various releases) and X-Wing Fighters.

view5.jpg

Last edited:
Han Solo and Chewbacca mean BUSINESS!! The pair stand guard over that fast "hunk of Junk", my six-foot long Millennium Falcon Extraordinaire Toys r Us store display from 1997 (inside the custom-made box carton with graphics that I created.)

This ship is pretty much to CORRECT scale for the 3-3/4 inch action figures, so those Large Winged TIE FIGHTERS had better watch out!! I actually consider THIS ship to be the "official" Millennium Falcon of my collection... at least until Hasbro gives us a five-foot scaled ship for our figures. RIGHT... like that's ever going to happen!

view6.jpg

Last edited:
... And as Darth Vader told Obi-Wan Kenobi aboard the Death Star... "the circle is now complete"...

We're back were we started...

view7.jpg

Looks great, Roberto! I LOVE the box and graphic you created for the TRU Falcon...that is cool!

Really something seeing that many ships together like that...

In the CENTER of my Collection "storeroom" I have a six-foot long banquet table set up with my custom-built correctly-scaled JAWA SANDCRAWLER parked on top.

The story behind it very briefly:

While screwing around with some Jawa action figures last spring, I decided that I really did not like how tiny the out-of-scale Hasbro / Vintage Kenner Jawa Sandcrawlers looked.

I immediately got in touch with a model builder friend of mine from South America and commissioned him to build me a NEW Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler toy in correct scale to Hasbro's 3-3/4 inch figures!!

This custom JAWA SANDCRAWLER is 2-1/2 Feet tall. 5 Feet 2 inches long. It features a Full Control Room Cabin, Front Ramp Loading Bay, Side Compartment Droid Storage, and Working lights.

NOTE: It's a good thing I only needed to have ONE of these built since only ONE appears in Ep IV !

SandcrawlerCockpit.jpg

SANDCRAWLERControlRoom.jpg

SandcrawlerOpenRamp.jpg

SandcrawlerMainHold.jpg

SandcrawlerTable2.jpg

SandcrawlerTop-1.jpg

SandcrawlerTop2.jpg

SANDCRAWLERTreads.jpg

SandcrawlerTable.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, Roberto! I LOVE the box and graphic you created for the TRU Falcon...that is cool!

Really something seeing that many ships together like that...

Thanks for the kind words good buddy! Expect a PM from me really soon regarding those AWESOME pics you sent me earlier! I was pretty blown away:D

LANDO CALRISSIAN: Skiff Guard Disguise
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
Generally, I liked Kenner’s vintage Lando Skiff Guard Disguise (1983) very much. But I did NOT like Hasbro’s POTF II “overly buff” Lando Skiff Guard (1996). I LOVED Hasbro’s SAGA Lando: Jabba’s Palace (2004).

GOAL:
This was a simple straight-forward custom. I just wanted ALL the Lando’s in my collection to have a consistent head sculpt (POTJ Lando Bespin Escape - my favorite). So this was basically a head-swap. But since the new head is slightly larger than the original, I needed to create a better-fitting (larger) helmet, while still retaining the tusked face webbing. Also the stock Vibro-blade weapon was replaced with a sturdier one from the Vintage line. This is an example of a custom Action figure where most of the work went into the accessories! A paint-job awaits the vibro blade.

“We’re on our way!!”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ Lando Calrissian: Bespin Escape (Head (Hollowed-out for ball-jointed use)
2) SAGA Lando Calrissian: Jabba’s Sail Barge (Full Body, Blaster pistol, Helmet (face webbing portion only) )
3) Vintage Kenner Lando Calrissian: Skiff Guard Disguise (Vibro-blade)
4) POTF II Lando Calrissian: Skiff Guard Disguise (Helmet)

LandoCalrissianSk11F791.jpg

LUKE SKYWALKER: Tatooine Farmboy
Custom Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
As simplistic-looking as he may be, Kenner’s very first Vintage Luke Skywalker figure (from 1978) is a true classic!! Having said that, I certainly NEEDED a MUCH more detailed, modern Luke for my collection. POTF II Luke (1995) looked more like He-Man what with his “Prince Adam” type head-sculpt and Incredible Hulk build. Subsequent Lukes were all based on the POTF II Blast Shield Helmet Luke sculpt: These were all decent enough figures, I just never cared for the slightly “stooped shoulders” and the “dumbfounded” facial expression.

GOAL:
I had a lot of fun creating a neutrally-posed, richly-detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his farmboy outfit from A New Hope! I wanted him to reflect the spirit of the heroic, farmboy who helped to rescue Princess Leia as a prisoner from the Death Star. I also wanted this figure to be LOADED with all of the accessories that would make it the ULTIMATE Tatooine Luke!

Interestingly enough, I always admired the general “look” of the Vintage Kenner 12-inch Tatooine Luke from 1978. I always felt that a "shrunken" 4-inch scale version of that figure would have been perfect!!. Well, that idea must have remained on my mind subliminally. If you look closely, I think you'll agree, this figure strongly resembles 1978-12 inch Luke... and I just love him for it ! Custom Luke is correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“I want to learn the ways of The Force and become a Jedi like my father."

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck) Grappling hook and rope, com-link)
2) OTC “Vintage-style” Luke Skywalker: (Torso, Arms, Cloth Tunic (tailored for better fit), basic belt
3) POTF II Luke Skywalker Blast Shield Helmet: (Pelvis, Legs (Surgically shortened and straightened into a neutral pose, helmet)
4) SAGA Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack: (Metal lightsaber hilt and blue blade)
5) POTF II Flashback Luke Skywalker: (Floppy farmer’s hat, Rifle, Macro binoculars)
6) SAGA Tie Fighter Pilot: Imperial-Issue Blaster
7) SAGA Death Star Trooper Accessory Set: Stormtrooper belt
8) EP I Tatooine Accessory Set: (Cloth poncho)
9) POTF II Comm Tech Chip Luke Skywalker: (Hand-held T-16 Skyhopper model)
10) "Chrome" plated letter on a magazine cover (Used to create Chrome belt buckle)

LukeSkywalkerTato11F68B.jpg

LUKE SKYWALKER: Hoth Patrol
Custom Action Figure and Photos by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
The Vintage Kenner Luke Hoth (from 1981) was an okay action figure, but the details were inaccurate. It would never hold up today. With POTF II Luke Hoth (1996), once again, we had the tapered-waist and barrel chest mixed with pre-posed legs that I do not like. Then when SAGA Luke Hoth arrived in 2003, it was with "funky-ckicken" posed legs!! Great... Just great.

GOAL:
It was my intention to create a neutrally-posed, detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his Hoth Snow Uniform. I did NOT want to have this figure featuring the (scene-specific) bloody wounds on his face from his violent encounter with the Wampa snow beast. Luke Hoth has been correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“Echo Three to Echo Seven. Han ol’ buddy, do you read me?”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (face sculpt)
2) POTF II Luke Skywalker: Hoth Outfit: (Head carefully hollowed-out to accept a new Luke Face inside the snow head-gear )
3) SAGA Luke Skywalker: Hoth Attack ( Full Body (wrists shortened, legs surgically straightened into a neutral pose)
4 SAGA Han Solo Hoth Rescue: (Holster, Blaster pistol)
5) SAGA Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack: (Metal Lightsaber hilt and blue blade)
6) Brown Satin Ribbon-Fine (Used to create holster leg strap)

LukeSkywalkerHothPatrol.jpg

LUKE SKYWALKER: Dagobah Training

PROBLEM:
Hasbro has only ever offered two action figure versions of Luke Skywalker dressed in the soiled Jedi Knight training fatigues that he wore on Dagobah. The first offering in March of 1996 was part of Hasbro’s Power of the Force II line. “Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues” bore no resemblance at all to his movie counterpart, presented as a hulking he-man with enormous bulging muscles, and a “Prince Adam” head sculpt. This action figure was even designed to stand on its own ONLY with the counterweight of Yoda strapped onto his back in the bulky training harness. Much later on in 2004, Hasbro tried again and offered us “Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Training” as part of their Original Trilogy Collection. This action figure was an ENORMOUS improvement over the original offering, featuring accurate sculpting and impressive paint deco. My only real gripe here was the overly scene-specific interchangeable arms and head sculpts that did not allow for a neutrally-posed action figure.

GOAL:
It was my intention to create a neutrally-posed / extra-poseable, 4 inch-scale action figure of Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Fatigues. He had to depict Luke during his grueling Jedi Knight training in the swamps of Dagobah WITHOUT looking like he rolled in a mud hole. I wanted an attractive, neutral likeness that was consistent with all of the other custom Luke Skywalkers that I had previously created, so once again the same face sculpt was employed. I wanted him to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“Master, moving stones around is one thing. This is totally different.”

RECIPE:
1) OTC Luke Skywalker: Jedi Training (Torso, Pelvis, Legs)
2) Vintage OTC Luke Skywalker (Ball-Jointed Arms, Shoulder Sockets, Neck, Shoulders)
3) POTJ 25th Anniversary “Swing to Freedom” Luke Skywalker (Head Sculpt hollowed-out for ball jointed neck)
4) Blue Canvas Fabric and Ribbons (Used to create a custom soft-goods Jedi Training Harness (not pictured) )

LukeDagobahTraining.jpg

LUKE SKYWALKER: Bespin Fatigues

PROBLEM:
Various previous attempts at this action figure have missed the mark: Vintage Kenner Luke Bespin (1980) was cute, but way too tall, and not enough detail. POTF II Bespin Luke (1998) had a tapered waist and barrel chest, with some pre-posing of the legs (which was typical of the offerings from that line). SAGA Luke Bespin Duel was too scene-specific (with his face depicted in its bruised state), and the poorly designed bending knees made for a flimsy figure.

GOAL:
I simply wanted a heroic-looking custom action figure of Luke Skywalker as he appeared when he came to Cloud City to rescue his friends in danger. Instead, he faced off against the evil Darth Vader for the first time. As with virtually ALL of my custom figures, I wanted this figure to be NON-scene specific. So a “bruised face” sculpt (from his duel with Vader) was not acceptable, and neither was a “dirty face” with “mussed” hair (as during his training on Dagobah). He has been correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“You’ll find I’m full of surprises”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck))
2) SAGA Captain Antilles: (Neck, Right hand)
3) OTC Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel: (Torso, Arms, Left hand)
4) OTC Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Training: (Waist, Pelvis, Legs)
5) SAGA Luke Skywalker: Hoth Attack: (Blaster, Belt Details)
6) SAGA Han Solo Hoth Rescue: (Holster, Blaster pistol)
7) SAGA Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack: (Metal Lightsaber hilt and blue blade)
8) Brown Satin Ribbon (Used to create belt strap)
9) Brown Satin Ribbon-Fine (Used to create holster leg strap)
10) "Chrome" paper from a "plated" letter on a magazine cover (Used to create Chrome belt buckle)

LukeSkywalkerBesp12B66C.jpg

LUKE SKYWALKER: Jedi Knight

PROBLEM:
Vintage Kenner Luke: Jedi Knight (1983) was a pretty nice figure, but I was always a bit dissapointed with the strange positioning of his arm and legs. Also, I always thought his face sculpt was overly morose looking. In my humble opinion, ALL POTF II Jedi Lukes were VERY poor depictions of the character. They were ALL barrel-chested, They were ALL pre-posed, and they ALL suffered from various strange looking face sculpts. Even the most recent SAGA Luke Jedi (2003) suffers from flimsy legs with bending knees, a poorly-produced, ill-fitting cloth cape, and a pin-headed, overly morose face sculpt.

GOAL:
I strived to create a neutrally-posed, nicely detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his black Jedi Knight outfit as seen in Return of the Jedi.

Now, I know that there is some debate over the correct color of Luke’s Jedi cloak. And admittedly, it probably WAS dark TAN as many have suggested. However, I just felt that a BLACK cloak was cooler looking! My custom Jedi Luke was scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“Nevertheless, I’m taking Captain Solo and his friends. You can either profit by this or be destroyed. It’s your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers.”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck))
2) SAGA Captain Antilles: (Neck)
3) SAGA Luke Skywalker: Jabba’s Palace (Torso, Arms, Hands, Skirt)
4) POTF II Luke Skywalker Blast Shield Helmet: (Pelvis, Legs (painted black) )
5) POTJ Han Solo Bespin Capture: (Black boots (surgically shortened / straightened into a neutral pose)
6) POTF II Comm Tech Chip Darth Vader: (Black cloth cape (tailored to fit Luke) )
7) EP I Darth Maul with Sith Speeder: (Black cloth robe (Hood is carefully tailored to fit the Comm Tech Darth Vader cloth cape)

LukeJedi.jpg

Back