Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mithrandier
02-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Form the Marvel website.

Matthew Vaughn Slated to Direct Thor Film
The God of Thunder is pleased
Posted: 2007-08-10 Updated: 2007-10-12 18:06:31

Matthew Vaughn

Thor's mystic hammer Mjolnir manipulates ferocious winds, boisterous bolts and pelting rain. And Marvel Studios has decided to grant mighty Mjolnir to Matthew Vaughn, red-hot director of "Stardust" and "Layer Cake."

After nearly linking up for X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, Marvel and Vaughn have struck a powerful accord to bring Thor and his expansive mythos to the big screen. As a director, Vaughn's films have been incredibly well-received. Both the gritty, underworld-flavored favorite "Layer Cake" and his latest effort "Stardust" have been praised by critics and fans alike. After seeing his latest effort, Premiere Magazine described the director by saying, "he can shift so smoothly between goofy and gruesome that you don't feel a thing that he doesn't want you to." His talent for meshing action, grit, fantasy and comedy is sure to play well with the God of Thunder.

Don't think that his résumé only includes these two movies, though. With producer credits for Guy Ritchie's opuses "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch," "Thor" is guaranteed to be a unique look at Lord Odin's favorite son. Onboard the Viking ship is writer Mark Protosevich, late of "Poseidon" and "The Cell." Story details are still under lock and key at the moment, but expect a fresh—yet faithful—approach to Thor's story.

jory REX
02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
interesting...

Marts
02-25-2008, 07:42 AM
They practised on Storm in the X-Men films, now they can go for GOD in Thor.
I can't get Adventures in Babysitting out of my head when I think of Thor in movies. What a great entrance that was!

uscmhicks
02-25-2008, 07:45 AM
sounds promising , I hope it doesn't disappoint.
It has alot of potential.

makkari1
02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
sounds promising , I hope it doesn't disappoint.
It has alot of potential.
Ditto, please not another Daredevil. I hope they get this right.

jory REX
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
they should make a deadpool movie first

uscmhicks
02-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I think this movie needs to be very dark and have an R rating.
It could have the same type of heroism as wolverine in x men but with a touch of sin citys dark side.
This movie could work out very well , I can picture a scene of him on top of a large building with lightning behind him , brilliant.
I will try my best not to get excited about this because if its disappointing like I thought avp 2 was it really sucks to walk out of the cinema and think " Damn that was shizzle ! ".
I also really want to see the first trailer. And jory , it would be a great idea to have a deadpool movie as this character is brilliant and needs a bigger light shined on him. But I really think we need a captain America set in world war 2 time movie. It would be awesome :rock.
If anyone gets any more news on this please let us know and update the thread , thanks for making it gandalf.

Brand X
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
I look forward to seeing a Thor movie. I like the rumor of Kevin McKidd playing Thor, but won't hold my breath. I'm sure they'll cast a younger "unknown" for the part.

Mithrandier
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
VAUGHN ON THOR MOVIE
The 'Stardust' director talks about the Thor flick
By TJ Dietsch
Posted 3/10/2008
Empire Online got a chance to talk to “Stardust” director Matthew Vaughn about the status of the Thor film, his thoughts on the lead and the overall tone of the delayed flick:

“We’re in a holding pattern at the moment,” he said. “It’s up to Marvel, they have to decide if they want to make the movie and then we take it from there.”

“Well, the main role is going to be played by someone totally unknown,” he said. “It can’t be a star, it’s got to be someone totally unknown.”

“I think you have to respect that it is comic book and silly to be frank, so you have to combine that with a modern style and hopefully come up with something fresh. I think we can come up with something special.”

Link to post:http://www.wizarduniverse.com/031008vaughnthor.html

zoid2323
03-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Sounds like it can be pretty good!

talonkard044
03-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Like others have said, it could - "could" being the KEY word - interesting.

Not a fan of the Thor at all, but hmmmm...Could be good and I will probably go and see it anyway.

:D :p

Seretur
03-13-2008, 03:22 AM
The problem is Vaughn is a lousy, lousy director.

I still can't get over the things he did to Stardust. :(

Anzik
03-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Casting will be a huge factor.

djklambake
05-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Anyone have Protosevich's script?

djklambake
06-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Anyone??????

the angry orc
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
/fingers crossed.

thor rules. please be good please be good please be good.

djklambake
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
As long as Marvel keeps a tight leash on Vaughn (if he's actually the director) and as long as they throw out Protosevich's script (which I'd love to read, but am kinda afraid to since it all deals with the gods and not Thor's interaction with those on Midgard), well... I dunno... we'll see. Thor kicks serious ass, but it could potentially be the worst movie Marvel Studios puts out since Ang Lee's Hulk (even though Marvel Studios didn't really put out Hulk... Avi Arad was still involved).

Fingers crossed!!!!

zoid2323
06-13-2008, 08:41 PM
/fingers crossed.

thor rules. please be good please be good please be good.

We all have our fingers crossed for this one.

tomandshell
06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
It doesn't seem like Thor fits in very well with the world established so far in Iron Man and Hulk, and with the eventual Captain America (assuming they update his costume). I can see how those three are all linked and part of a basically coherent universe (military/industrial complex, super soldier serum, Nick Fury and SHIELD, etc.), but so help me I don't know how I would have responded if in the middle of Iron Man, Thor flew up with his big hammer and cape and winged helmet. It seems like he belongs in a different (fantasy) world than the scientific/military sci-fi setting we are getting in the other Marvel films.

DarkArtist81
06-13-2008, 09:02 PM
If they handle it like they Ultimate Avengers handled it, it should be fine. Just not like the classic Thor. I don't know if people could handle the big red cape, helmet and yellow boots. :lol

kl241
06-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I've got the script and it is awesome. It could be up there with the LOTR trilogy in my opinion, but they have to have the time, budget and casting nailed for it to work. But it is all there on the page. After Iron Man and The Hulk, Marvel is on a roll, I just hope the that rumors of Leo as Cap aren't true...

djklambake
06-14-2008, 07:53 AM
I've got the script and it is awesome. It could be up there with the LOTR trilogy in my opinion, but they have to have the time, budget and casting nailed for it to work. But it is all there on the page. After Iron Man and The Hulk, Marvel is on a roll, I just hope the that rumors of Leo as Cap aren't true...

Could you send me the script? I'm anxious to read it. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

cablecommander
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
I can't wait to see The Mighty Thor on screen. He and Blade are 2 of my ALL-TIME Favorite comic book characters.

Anzik
06-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Here's Thor:
http://www.gunters.net/gunter8-copy2.gif

Vader AL
06-15-2008, 06:48 PM
:horror:horror:horror:horror

so much i want to say but i'm afraid i'll get a bad email from a mod.

again :horror!

The Mike
06-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I am seriously devoted to my Marvel. :lol

Check this out: The title art:

http://www.mtv.com//movies/photos/blog/javits_photos_061008/marvel_javits_061008.jpg

Its from the New York Licensing Expo that just passed....

Article here:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/11/first-look-at-iron-man-ii-thor-captain-america-and-avengers-well-sort-of/

djklambake
06-16-2008, 07:57 AM
From the looks of the titles (fonts and whatnot)... it seems Marvel is seriously devoted to Marvel!

DC and Warner could/should take notes!

So happy Marvel is funding its own projects! Once the Avengers movie hits the big screen, I wonder what other projects it will undertake...

creature4000
06-16-2008, 09:30 AM

yes... but we know the time to do this right won't happen.

djklambake
06-16-2008, 09:43 AM
yes... but we know the time to do this right won't happen.

You're completely right. Even with the established team set up for Iron Man (well...if they're coming back with Favreau and Downey), they're saying it's not enough time to do a sequel by 2010. How in Odin's name would "Thor" have the scantest chance of being a good movie if they're just throwing things together.

Marvel's fairly new in the movie biz... I think we'll see some missteps here and there, but even so, I'm hoping they stay closer to Iron Man quality than, say, Fantastic Four quality...

makkari1
06-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Here's Thor:

Thor is a big guy not just some muscle bound fool and I doubt this guy can even act. Thor might have to be CGI.

nash
06-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I am seriously devoted to my Marvel. :lol

Check this out: The title art:

http://www.mtv.com//movies/photos/blog/javits_photos_061008/marvel_javits_061008.jpg

Its from the New York Licensing Expo that just passed....

Article here:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/11/first-look-at-iron-man-ii-thor-captain-america-and-avengers-well-sort-of/

Geez, 2011 seems so far away. :monkey2:monkey2

creature4000
06-17-2008, 09:00 AM
yep.. there world could end by then! :(

tomandshell
06-17-2008, 09:30 AM
No, that's in 2012. We're safe.

djklambake
06-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Hopefully they don't screw those movies up then... small chance for a do-over if we're all gonna die...

Hightreker
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Here's Thor:

He's almost in costume to play the Submariner.

makkari1
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Don't be so sure.

Gruson
06-18-2008, 12:30 PM
I think Sean Bean could be a good Thor if he bulked up.

Great actor.

The Mike
06-21-2008, 08:54 PM
While its old news it was just reconfirmed so I'll post it:

Thor To See Action In Asgard

Kevin Feige offered SciFiWire some scant details about the upcoming Thor movie.

"The film is not all Asgard, but it will be a big chunk in Asgard, yeah," Feige said. That should make for some interesting visuals, what with Asgard being a mythical realm accessible by a rainbow bridge.
The president of Marvel Studios also promised an announcement about Thor's director "later this summer". Mark Protosevich is working on a draft of the script that should be ready in a few weeks. With The Cell and I Am Legend screenplays to his credit, it seems the project has a writer on-board who is capable of the wide scope necessary to depict a mythical world of the gods and the strange powers they possess.

Also confirmed was Thor's slated release date: June 4, 2010.

And with the focus on Asgard. I'm finding myself wondering how much screen time will be given to Thor's human alter ego, Dr. Donald Blake, and whether Thor and Blake will be seperate personalities or just Thor in human guise, learning humility Norse god-style.

Bat Eater
06-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Hopefully they don't screw those movies up then... small chance for a do-over if we're all gonna die...

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:m onkey2:monkey2
i really hate the history channel... that reminds me, i have a list of things to do before 2012 :D

djklambake
06-22-2008, 07:29 AM
While its old news it was just reconfirmed so I'll post it:

Thor To See Action In Asgard

Kevin Feige offered SciFiWire some scant details about the upcoming Thor movie.

"The film is not all Asgard, but it will be a big chunk in Asgard, yeah," Feige said. That should make for some interesting visuals, what with Asgard being a mythical realm accessible by a rainbow bridge.
The president of Marvel Studios also promised an announcement about Thor's director "later this summer". Mark Protosevich is working on a draft of the script that should be ready in a few weeks. With The Cell and I Am Legend screenplays to his credit, it seems the project has a writer on-board who is capable of the wide scope necessary to depict a mythical world of the gods and the strange powers they possess.

Also confirmed was Thor's slated release date: June 4, 2010.

And with the focus on Asgard. I'm finding myself wondering how much screen time will be given to Thor's human alter ego, Dr. Donald Blake, and whether Thor and Blake will be seperate personalities or just Thor in human guise, learning humility Norse god-style.

I'm reading a draft of Protosevich's script (supplied by a generous freak here) so far it's not too bad... just hard to keep all the Norse names together...

ChrisCJ99
06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
hmmm. It somewhat peaks my interest.....

The Mike
09-29-2008, 05:34 PM
So Maybe Hamlet is Directing 'Thor'
Kenneth Branagh, the actor and director known for adapting great literary works like Hamlet, Henry V, and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, is in talks to direct Marvel Comics' Thor. From Variety:

Kenneth Branagh is negotiating to direct "Thor," the next Marvel Comics property that will be turned into a live-action film by Marvel Studios. Pic will be released in 2010.
Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige's choice of Branagh is surprising, as Branagh hasn't really directed an action-heavy film since his debut on "Henry V," a bloody telling of the British king's conquest of France.

"Thor" comicbook adaptation, penned by Mark Protosevich, follows disabled medical student Donald Blake, who has an alter ego as the hammer-wielding Norse god Thor.

That's strange. But not so strange. Thor has some great moments in literary history too. Like when he fought an actual mongoose who was turned into a supervillain. Classic.

kl241
09-29-2008, 05:48 PM
He is PERFECT! Let's hope they go with the Norse God script I read rather than Dr. Donald Blake.

Darklord Dave
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Branagh hasn't directed in a while, but I do like him a lot as a director. Henry V is one of my favorite Shakespeare film adaptations - lots of action too.

I've read the Protosevich script and before I read it I was adamant that Thor had to have some connection to modern day - but I liked the script a lot and I no longer think that.

However Favreau did bring up that point - how do you fit the Norse god in with the more reality based Iron Man and Captain America?

kl241
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
true, very true...

hairlesswookiee
09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
However Favreau did bring up that point - how do you fit the Norse god in with the more reality based Iron Man and Captain America?
shouldn't be too hard. have you seen the ultimate avengers cartoon??? they have sam jackson as nick fury, norton for banner, downey for stark...i think it can and will work.

Shai
09-30-2008, 01:27 AM

Simple, do like in the Ultimate Universe where Thor's origins are left to interpretation...some think he's just a crazy, delusional environementalist who thinks he's a god and speak like a Shakespear reject, while other think he's the real deal...would make his character an interesting part of the avengers movie I think.

Dana P.
09-30-2008, 05:08 AM
Simple, do like in the Ultimate Universe where Thor's origins are left to interpretation...some think he's just a crazy, delusional environementalist who thinks he's a god and speak like a Shakespear reject, while other think he's the real deal...would make his character an interesting part of the avengers movie I think.

That's what I was thinking. But then I recalled that the plan is for much of the action to take place in Asgard. So, the viewer would know the real deal, but Thor's compatriots in the Avengers film would not know the truth.

What about this - At the end of the Thor film, Thor is banished to Earth for some reason (due to Loki convincing Odin that Thor is at fault for something, or a similar reason), which results in him losing his Asgardian memories until a big reveal later on at some point? That way, WE the viewers know the real story, but when Thor is asked by Cap or Iron Man how he got his powers, Thor can't remember. That is, until Loki and/or some other Asgardian force of evil makes a play for Earth. Then, all THUNDER AND LIGHTNING breaks loose!

It's all part of the Odin-plan.

Shai
09-30-2008, 06:35 AM
That's what I was thinking. But then I recalled that the plan is for much of the action to take place in Asgard. So, the viewer would know the real deal, but Thor's compatriots in the Avengers film would not know the truth.

What about this - At the end of the Thor film, Thor is banished to Earth for some reason (due to Loki convincing Odin that Thor is at fault for something, or a similar reason), which results in him losing his Asgardian memories until a big reveal later on at some point? That way, WE the viewers know the real story, but when Thor is asked by Cap or Iron Man how he got his powers, Thor can't remember. That is, until Loki and/or some other Asgardian force of evil makes a play for Earth. Then, all THUNDER AND LIGHTNING breaks loose!

It's all part of the Odin-plan.

I like that...:clap Now,send this scenario to the makers...

Darklord Dave
09-30-2008, 09:51 AM

But that's not how the Thor movie is written. It's entirely period and makes no mention of Thor as a superhero or having him fit into the modern world. Protosevich makes no attempt to set him in the Marvel universe of Iron Man and Hulk - I think that's more what Favreau is talking about.

The Mike
09-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Thor's film could solely be about Thor the God himself. He was supposed to have a cameo in Iron Man 2 and it'd be an interesting idea if he were banished into Donald Blake towards the end of the Thor film only to have his powers reawaken in either Iron Man 2 or in The Avengers. It could work give Thor period films while still keeping him part of the Avengers. Also until the thing films we don't have a final shooting script. There could be reworkings of it already going on

The Mike
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Oct 21 2008: Everyone Stop Thinking Daniel Craig Might Play Thor
More: Casting, Comic, Daniel Craig, Marvel, Movie, News, Superhero, Thor

I was just sitting here thinking how Daniel Craig is probably going to play Thor when I came across this quote at IESB that completely shatters my theory. To the contrary, it turns out Daniel Craig is specifically NOT playing Thor, making me look like a fool:

IESB asked if Craig was interested in doing something a little different character-wise, like Thor?
Craig said no, he turned it down and laughed about it.

Sanchez continued, “seriously, I heard the folks over at Marvel had you on a short list to be Thor.”

Craig said yes they [Marvel] did approach him but he turned it down. He added jokingly, it would have been too much of a power trip, both Bond and Thor, and running around with long hair and a hammer.

Curious how silent he was on the subject of whether the part was then offered to and accepted by Shaq...

toyreveewer
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
does anyone have any sugestions on who should play him, other than dan criag? i was just looking around, and found this dude, he can act hes 6'4 and has a very
superhero-esk look;
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0596404/
just a sugestion..

LuisCHG
10-22-2008, 06:01 PM
for the thor role, it gotta be some tall and bulky

toyreveewer
10-22-2008, 06:09 PM
for the thor role, it gotta be some tall and bulky

this dudes 6'4, but im not even sure he can act that well so, but its just a suggestion.

The Ringer
10-23-2008, 01:38 AM
NO DADDY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:lol:lol:lol

darren1228
10-23-2008, 02:52 AM
This guy gets my vote

http://www.ageofthering.com/atthemovies/cast/eomer.jpg
http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/k/karl_urban/karl-urban-5.jpg

Duke Fleed
10-23-2008, 04:09 AM
Mine too ............

The Ringer
10-23-2008, 04:11 AM
I could defiently see Urban as Thor!:cool:

zoid2323
10-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Urban has the look but has to get on the juice big time to pull off the body of the Thunder God. :monkey3

Booyah!
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Found this list, pretty funny. ;)

TOP TEN: Movie Titles for a Thor Movie Starring (James Bond) Daniel Craig :

1. For Thor Eyes Only

2. Odinpussy

3. The Man with the Stone Hammer

4. Coldfinger

5. Mjolnirraker

6. Thundergod (ball)

7. Midgard is Not Enough

8. The Spy Who Hammered Me

9. From Valhalla with Love

10. Odineye

glyoung99
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
This guy gets my vote

While I would not mind Karl playing Thor (and I'm sure he would do a good job), he does not look anything like Thor other than having blonde hair, 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth.

toyreveewer
10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
While I would not mind Karl playing Thor (and I'm sure he would do a good job), he does not look anything like Thor other than having blonde hair, 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth.

agreed, he just looks to instense all of the time.

beachfox
10-25-2008, 10:46 AM
agreed, he just looks to instense all of the time.

Vote for you... he is the Thor! :naughty

toyreveewer
10-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Vote for you... he is the Thor! :naughty

:lol ,but , i wont be diasiapionted if he becomes thor at all.

dudu
10-26-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure bout Kenneth Branagh directing this one. Who knows then?

Darklord Dave
10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Urban has done the viking action movie already - I think he could be good, but I doubt he could bulk up big enough for the comic purists to be satisfied.
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/701/701793/pathfinder-20060828113735848.jpg

As for Branagh directing - excellent choice - he can do smart and he can make smart, fun - see Henry V. The Thor script is very smart yet has all the action beats that we'd want. Given the material I think Branagh will do a great job.

Booyah!
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
December 2, 2008 | by Carl Lee
Kevin McKidd Still In The Running For Thor
Way back in August 2007 there was speculation that Kevin McKidd was in the running to play the lead in Marvel’s upcoming Norse-god superhero movie Thor. Since then the rumor kind of faded away but today we have an update for you.

At last night’s after party for the premier of Punisher: War Zone, IGN caught up with Kevin McKidd and asked him if he’s still in the running to play Thor.

McKidd confirmed he may still appear as the thunder god, but there’s been “a lot of back and forth” surrounding the project.

Though nothing is confirmed for him, he acknowledged that having Kenneth Branagh directing the movie has made him even more excited about the film. He also stressed he’s up for the lead role of Thor, and not a supporting role.

He's pretty much who I've wanted as Thor. Hope it works out.

Darklord Dave
12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
December 2, 2008 | by Carl Lee
Kevin McKidd Still In The Running For Thor
Way back in August 2007 there was speculation that Kevin McKidd was in the running to play the lead in Marvel’s upcoming Norse-god superhero movie Thor. Since then the rumor kind of faded away but today we have an update for you.

At last night’s after party for the premier of Punisher: War Zone, IGN caught up with Kevin McKidd and asked him if he’s still in the running to play Thor.

McKidd confirmed he may still appear as the thunder god, but there’s been “a lot of back and forth” surrounding the project.

Though nothing is confirmed for him, he acknowledged that having Kenneth Branagh directing the movie has made him even more excited about the film. He also stressed he’s up for the lead role of Thor, and not a supporting role.

He's pretty much who I've wanted as Thor. Hope it works out.

When that rumor was out and about it was that he was up for a supporting role. He's got the look, just need to put some muscle - he's can get a bit doughy. Great actor too - that would be casting I could live with.

kl241
12-02-2008, 06:32 PM
He is my #1 choice, if they stick to the great script and have Kenneth direct with McKidd, this moive could be amazing. It could be a start of a new trilogy of films that would be on par with LOTR.

Natrix
12-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Kenneth Branagh Talks Thor: Directing and Casting
By Matt Brady
posted: 15 December 2008 07:34 am ET

The film has been the subject of speculation for some time, but Kenneth Branagh has broken his silence about directing a film version of Marvel’s Thor for Marvel Studios.

In speaking with MTV during the junket for Valkyrie, the acclaimed actor/director said:

“I am directing ‘Thor’ or “The Mighty Thor’ as you might like to call it.”

“I think it will be ‘Thor,’” Branagh then added, clarifying what he feels the title will be.

Branagh said that the appeal of the project for him is all about the science fiction and fantasy that is woven together in Marvel’s God of Thunder, and added that the casting rumors to date – with Kevin McKidd leading the pack - are just that: rumors.

“There’s been lots of talk,” Branagh said. “I sound like a politician — but we are too early at this stage. We’re getting the story and the visual effects together and all of that is very exciting. Someone sensational is going to play the part but it is early days.”

The director assured fans that the human story of Thor will take center stage in the “big epic scenario” that surrounds him.

Thor will be the third part in the Avengers “trilogy” of component movies which also include Iron Man and Captain America. According to Marvel, Thor is due to open in theaters July 16, 2010, and the character will join with Iron Man and Captain America in The Avengers on July 15, 2011.

Iron Man 2 is due in theaters on May 7th, 2010, and Captain America is due in theaters on May 6th, 2011.

Crimsonbob
12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I hope they make this visually stunning, especially Asgard shots.

The Mike
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Branagh will make this thing very legit. It'll feel like Shakespearan lore by the time he is done, I have no doubts about that and I'm wondering what he'll really do with that high of a budget. As for the Kevin McKidd rumors, he is just playing politics, the studios haven't locked up anything and it'd be bad form for him to say "Yeah we are talking to him" because if it falls through it'll look bad or if they are negotiating and the buzz goes nuts it'll cause rifts there.

Its nice to know a director is set and that the work is still progressing nicely though.

The Mike
01-05-2009, 07:52 PM
New Thor Character Rumor
Source:IESB.net January 4, 2009

How exactly does Marvel's God of Thunder Thor come to earth in preparation for The Avengers? IESB.net might have the answer. The site says:

A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.

The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor.

The site adds that Thor director Kenneth Branagh will have an acting part in the film as well.

Thor is coming to theaters on July 16, 2010 and The Avengers a year later on July 15, 2011.

ActionFigureLegend
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
We all have our fingers crossed for this one.
Zoid2323 where is your sig from? (Captain America with Shield) It looks awesome. I hope this Thor movie is done right.

The Mike
01-06-2009, 12:03 AM
That is from Ultimate Alliance.

sirrobert
01-06-2009, 03:23 AM
An ex girlfriend, a theatre buff, loves Brannagh but hates comics; so I relish this news with erumpent glee.

Scar
01-06-2009, 09:10 AM
We've seen a lot about Kevin McKidd being a big consideration for the part, but another name I've heard being tossed around concerning possible involvement with the film is Sean Bean. Again, I have yet to see any credible sources confirm this, but I think he'd be fine in the part. Granted, it would just be Boromir in a fancy hat, but I enjoy Sean Bean as an actor. I also think Kevin McKidd would do fine, based on how he performed in the HBO series "Rome."

The Mike
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Looks like Kenneth has thrown out a wide casting call for the God of Thunder:

'Thor' Will Be: Petulant, Wild, Natural Warrior:

What is director Kenneth Branagh looking for in his Thor? Coming Attractions has posted this casting call:

Male MUST BE MID-LATE 20'S and SIX FEET OR TALLER. LEAD.
Physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant, and wild. A natural warrior with a quick charming wit who must be genuinely and severely humbled before becoming the compassionate, mature hero of our film.

So, if you know someone who fits the description, I suggest doing all you can to hide this opportunity from them. They've surely led a blessed life from being so physically powerful, very handsome, charming and witty, and you don't need to help them out any more. Why do you even hang out with this dude? As if you're going to get any girls with this egotistical, petulant, natural warrior around.

cgdc
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Anybody know much about Alexander Skarsgard? He stars in HBO's True Blood. I think he'd make a great Thor.

edit- Just did a search on him and it looks like I'm not the first person to think this.

Balsquat
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Not sure about his acting but i think Triple H from WWE Looks like the perfect THOR. Absolutely perfect actually

Anybody know much about Alexander Skarsgard? He stars in HBO's True Blood. I think he'd make a great Thor.

tylerdurden
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
dolph lungren for thor!!!!!

just kidding. :naughty

Chapter 2099
02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Not sure about his acting but i think Triple H from WWE Looks like the perfect THOR. Absolutely perfect actually

I have to admit. I think he's got that look as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much variety from him in terms of acting, other than the WWE and misc. supporting roles like Blade Trinity. But you definitely have a point.

karamazov80
02-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I guess HHH would work. The acting wouldn't be great, but I don't expect much depth from Thor (eat, drink, fight, make time for the ladies), so that isn't such an issue. However, you could take any number of 'roided out freaks, dye their hair blonde (or give them a wig), and there you go. I guess it would be best to have someone with a British accent.

Darklord Dave
02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I guess HHH would work. The acting wouldn't be great, but I don't expect much depth from Thor (eat, drink, fight, make time for the ladies), so that isn't such an issue. However, you could take any number of 'roided out freaks, dye their hair blonde (or give them a wig), and there you go. I guess it would be best to have someone with a British accent.

Actually the script has Thor going through some major dramatics. And with Branaugh directing I'd expect he'll cast a real actor.

makkari1
02-20-2009, 10:19 AM
HHH might be physically a match for Thor but his not an actor known for his dialog. He would ruin the role and any chance for a decent film. Kevin McKidd would be a great Thor.

shawn-ray
02-20-2009, 10:25 AM
This guy gets my vote

this guy has my vote

drjedisith
02-20-2009, 07:52 PM

edit- Just did a search on him and it looks like I'm not the first person to think this.

hed be great! personally i dont like triple h. i think hes too ugly to play thor. thor is kinda a "tough pretty boy" look

Atheris
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Will smith for thor.....:banana

Chris

realwarhead
02-22-2009, 09:08 AM
this guy has my vote

got my vote also

Rook
02-22-2009, 09:14 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Vladimir Kulich. :clap

He's go the accent, he's got the features, he's got the build, and he's available.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/terry35mm/VK1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/terry35mm/VK2.jpg

The Mike
03-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Mar 11 2009 - Josh Harnett Might be the God of Mischief
More: casting, comic, josh hartnett, marvel, news, superhero, thor

Following up yesterday's news that an extremely Thor-like guy might be in the running for the lead in Kenneth Branagh's Thor, IESB is reporting Josh Harnett is on the short list of actors to play the Norse hero's arch-villain Loki. Personally, I saw Harnett more in the role of Thor's professorial sidekick Dr. Squintz, but I guess this could work if he can figure out a way to make his wooden, GQ staring seem mischievous.

The Mike
03-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Mar 10 2009 - Man Who is Obviously Already Thor Might Play Thor
More: alexander skarsgard, casting, comic, kenneth branagh, movie, news, superhero, thor

Alexander Skarsgård, son of Stellan Skarsgård and recently seen in Generation Kill and True Blood, is rumored to be in talks to star in Kenneth Branagh's Thor. Apparently a sharp-eyed tip-person at Latino Review saw the actor and director (canoodling?) at a restaurant together, and later LR was somehow able to confirm Branagh had dined there at that time, hinting that the two might be discussing a collaboration.

What can I say that his being Nordic, 6'4", and long blonde-haired hasn't already? You aren't going to find anyone else who gives more of an irrepressible Adventures in Babysitting moment than this guy. Hypothetical casting: approved

Bardoon
03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Not a bad option...
just bulk up some

http://www.feedmeastraycat.net/uploads//alexander-skarsgard-true-blood.jpg

cgdc
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Skarsgard needs to land this role.

pjunk
03-12-2009, 07:46 AM
March 12 (Reuters) - Media company Marvel Entertainment Inc said it rescheduled the release dates of some of its self-produced feature film properties through 2012.

As per the revised schedule, the release date of the multi-character superhero film 'The Avengers' has been extended by about a year to May 4, 2012, from July 15, 2011.

'Thor', the big-screen adaptation of one of Marvel's popular comic book characters, will now release on June 17, 2011, instead of July 16, 2010, the company said.

"It maximizes the visibility of our single character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," David Maisel, chairman of Marvel Studios, said in a statement.

The company now plans to release 'The First Avenger: Captain America' on July 22, 2011, instead of May 6, 2011.

However, 'Iron Man 2' will be released as scheduled on May 7, 2010, Marvel said.

Marvel also confirmed that Sony Pictures will release 'Spider-Man 4' on May 6, 2011. Marvel has licensed theatrical rights of Spider-Man, its most popular character, to the unit of Sony.

Shares of Marvel closed at $24.55 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.

(Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Himani Sarkar)

makkari1
03-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Boy this is going back and forth. :rolleyes:

jinxx
03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Dolph Lundgren....nuff said!:rotfl

samueljd
03-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Dolph is perfect except for one thing, he's older now and probably looks it and wouldn't be as great in the action scenes as he would have 10-15 years ago. Height, size, and dramatically he could handle the role though.

The Mike
04-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Article by Zipp
Alexander Skarsgård is not Thor

You know, I’m not a casting director or anything, but I do have enough common sense to tell you that when you’re looking for someone to play a Scandinavian God, you should probably go for the guy who’s, oh, I don’t know, Scandinavian!

In a recent interview with E! Online, Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård announced that he was probably not going to be playing the title role in the upcoming Marvel movie “Thor”.

“No, I don't think so” Skarsgård replied in response to questions of his likelihood of portraying the God of Thunder on the big screen, “I haven't gotten the call, so…"

This really steams my clams. At a time when it’s been pretty much proven that professional actors make better comic book movies, you would think that Marvel would be pouncing on the opportunity to get a hold of this guy. I’m not too entirely familiar with Skarsgård’s work, but from what I’ve seen, he’s got the goods.

Josh Hartnett has been rumored to play either the part of Thor or Loki (imagine if it was both, what a mind^^^^ that would be). I personally think Hartnett would make a pretty good Loki, and while I don’t think he would be an awful Thor, I just don’t think I could take him playing the character all that seriously.

Maybe Marvel wants to go all 1990’s on us and get a WWE wrestler to play Thor. Jesus Christ almighty is that a scary thought. That’s a trend I think we can all agree is better off dead.

But I don’t know, Brock Lesnar is Scandinavian, as well as incredibly massive and bulky. Hmm, I just visualized him with long flowing blonde hair. I also just visualized him acting. Yikes.

“Thor” is set to be released May 20, 2011.

creature4000
04-22-2009, 05:07 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Vladimir Kulich. :clap

He's go the accent, he's got the features, he's got the build, and he's available.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/terry35mm/VK1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/terry35mm/VK2.jpg

:rock... 13th Warrior is a very underrated flick!!!!!

The Mike
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Article by Zombiezeus
'THOR' Movie Update!
One of the Marvel movie properties we should all be salivating over is "Thor". I mean, the character may not have been handled brilliantly in his comic-faring life, but in the hands of top-notch Hollywood creators, not least of which is director Kenneth Branagh, I’m sure he’ll get his due. This is the exact kind of move Marvel made with "Iron Man"; they took an actor who has directed, someone with a deep and fundamental understanding of how to make movies, and gave them a second-tier character to do with as they would–and look how that turned out.

IGN managed to nab Branagh at a screening of some tele-movies he made called "Wallanders" to ask about what REALLY matters: THOR.

"I shoot Thor in January of next year and because the time of release has been moved, it’s allowed me to have a moment in the summer where I can shoot the Wallanders."

He added, "And, strangely, there’s a weird, pleasing connection between the Swedish Wallander and the Nordic Thor. And as I’ve played a lot of Danish Hamlets, I feel as though my Scandinavian trilogy is forming."

I don’t get the "Wallanders" reference and I’m sure you don’t either, so go check out the original IGN article here, which features handy-dandy hyperlinks to more Wallanders-esque details.

But wait! He also lets slip a tidbit on casting rumors:

"Tom Hiddleston is a great actor and he, amongst a number of others, has been part of the group we’ve spoken to and all that’s still a work in progress."

Who’s Tom Hiddleston? He stars in the aforementioned "Wallanders". Man, I really have to see what this is all about. In the meantime, we must sate ourselves with the measly crumbs of movie news we sometimes get on "Thor" and hope it’s enough to satisfy us.

The Mike
05-16-2009, 06:38 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Chris Hemsworth Is 'Thor'
EXCLUSIVE: Talk about spot-on casting. I've just learned that Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige and director Kenneth Branagh have chosen their THOR -- and it's Chris Hemsworth, who can currently be seen as "George Kirk" in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot and also just snagged the lead in Red Dawn for United Artists on Thursday. (He's currently filming Joss Whedon's horror flick Cabin In The Woods for UA, and I heard the studio was so hot on him that it cast Hemsworth in the action pic.) The 25-year-old Australian hunk is a virtual unknown here in the United States. But he played "Kim Hyde" on 171 episodes of Home and Away, the successful Oz TV series chronicling the lives and loves of the residents of Summer Bay, a small Aussie coastal town. Hemsworth is repped by partner and co-founder William Ward at ROAR management and agent Ilene Feldman. Marvel Studios has scheduled Thor for a May 20, 2011, release.

The way Chris Hemsworth got the part of Thor is one of those great Hollywood backstories that happens only once in a blue moon. Ward had found Chris during one of the manager's many scouting trips to Australia. Ward brought him to Los Angeles and really put him out there to casting directors and production executives. As for the major agencies, I hear CAA passed on the meeting, Endeavor took it but passed on repping him, and ICM was interested but dragged their feet. But Eileen Feldman got his appeal immediately.

Chris had read for the part of Thor but wasn't given a test because a casting director had nixed him early on. I'm told Chris' younger brother Liam (who's also a ROAR client) then tested for the role of Thor, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige passed. Then, after a conversation with Ward ("You've got to reconsider Chris, he's your guy"), Feige decided to let Chris read again. And once Marvel put him on tape, it was "Oh my god". Branagh came to town last week and saw the Chris test and made the final casting decision today.

What a week for Chris since, on Thursday, he just got cast as the Red Dawn lead. Brother Liam, who's only been in Los Angeles for 3 weeks and doesn't even have an agent yet, just got cast the male lead in Last Song opposite Miley Cyrus in the Disney film based on the Nicholas Sparks novel. Both brothers live in William Ward's guest house. Unreal!

Thor's character, in a nutshell, is the Viking god of thunder who wears a winged helmet and speaks in King James Bible-style English, as well as referring to himself in the third person as “the Odinson.” He wields a magic hammer, and can “fly” by throwing the hammer really hard and hanging on to it. Not only is there the movie Thor, but he'll also be interacting later with the likes of Iron Man and Hulk. Marvel tapping Kenneth Branagh is considered a smart move to elevate the pic since the UK helmer has so much experience with Shakespearean battle movies.

For months now, I've been tracking this Thor process though casting directors, agents and the like. Daniel Craig reportedly turned down the lead role. Other names reputedly in consideration were Rome’s Kevin McKidd and WWE champion Triple-H, who previously entered the Marvel universe as a villainous vampire in Blade: Trinity. And also a host of little knowns. (See my previous, Those Who Would Play Thor: Unknowns?) The following actors were tested: Charlie Hunnam (the British co-star of the F/X series Sons Of Anarchy); Tom Hiddleston (award-winning British actor and RADA graduate who played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's The Gathering Storm), Alexandar Skarsgard (Stellan's son who has appeared in the HBO Iraq War miniseries Generation Kill and vampire drama True Blood), Liam Hemsworth (offered a significant role in The Expendables after Sly Stallone saw his tape), and Joel Kinnaman (some Swedish-American dude).

I'd heard Marvel wanted to finalize casting Thor this month. The pic's release was recently pushed back from July 16, 2010, to now May 20, 2011.

emceerice
05-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Just saw Star Trek today...coulda sworn George Kirk was played by the same dude as James Kirk. Whoops. haha :D

yodasan
05-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Iron Man is second tier?

jinxx
05-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Iron Man is second tier?

yes......sad, but yes...:monkey3

Hew
05-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Article by Zombiezeus
'THOR' Movie Update!
One of the Marvel movie properties we should all be salivating over is "Thor". I mean, the character may not have been handled brilliantly in his comic-faring life, but in the hands of top-notch Hollywood creators, not least of which is director Kenneth Branagh, I’m sure he’ll get his due.

Huh, what comic is this guy reading?

The Mike
05-16-2009, 07:53 PM
yes......sad, but yes...:monkey3

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/kryptonianmike/DK.jpg

MANDO
05-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Thor is one of the more promising comic properties at this point. Seems like it's been ages since it's been in developement. I'm really miffed that there isn't an "Avengers" character movie this year, especially with Iron Man and Hulk last Summer. All we got was that Wolverine bs.

Thor's comic hasn't been that thrilling in the past few years, but I would go so far as to say as he hasn't been handled brilliantly. But as a core Avenger I hope they do this run right!

And if Iron Man is second tier who all is first? Cap, Spidey, and Hulk, Wolverine....

wookilar8
05-16-2009, 08:46 PM
I've been reading Marvel Comics for 30 years and Iron Man is a first tier hero. A good example of a second tier hero is Daredevil.

The Mike
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Who is considered Top Tier really depends on what is hot right now. Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk all seem to be consistently in the Top Tier status, even Captain America is considered second tier more often then not. I love Iron Man but in the Silver/Bronze Age he dipped into the second tier status and held there until the Modern Age.

wookilar8
05-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Who's top tier depends on how many tiers you have. In reality the only top tier Marvel heroes are Spider-Man and Wolverine, in that order.:D

Moonloop
05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I think Chris Hemsworth is a good choice!

Daniel Craig was offered the lead roll of Thor but he turned it down....I'm kinda glad he did, I really like Craig, but I don't see him as a Thor. (You can read about who else was in consideration in this article: http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/exclusive-chris-hemsworth-is-thor/)

karamazov80
05-17-2009, 09:10 PM
In reality the only top tier Marvel heroes are Spider-Man and Wolverine, in that order.:D
Spidey's had 3 films. . .Wolvie's had 4 :monkey3

Other than that, I agree. I was actually thinking to myself today if you could consider Marvel to have a "big 3" or "big 4." Supposedly, DC's "Big 3" are Supes, Wonder Woman, and Batman. You would think that Marvel's would have to be Spidey, Hulk, Wolvie, and maybe Cap, but as you imply, though Hulk has been around basically since the beginning, and had a lot of cartoons and toys and stuff, his recent movies haven't been money-grabbers the way the Spidey and Wolv. . .er, X-Men movies have.

Of course, Wonder Woman still hasn't had a movie. At least Cap had one, even if it wasn't theatrically released (it wasn't, was it?).

jinxx
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Chris Hemsworth is a good choice!

:drool

krec9
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
loki just got casted today too

The Mike
05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Thor, Here's Your Loki: Tom Hiddleston?
More: comic, marvel, movie, news, superhero, thor, tom hiddleston
May 18, 2009

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/05/18/tom-hiddleston.jpg

Following today's earlier news that a guy you'd probably never heard of has been cast as Thor, Nikki Finke has news that some other guy you probably never heard of has been cast as the superhero's arch-villain, Loki:

I've learned that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Thor director Kenneth Branagh have cast their Loki, the nemesis to the lead in Thor set for release on May 20, 2011. He's Tom Hiddleston, unknown to American audiences but an award-winning British actor and Royal Academy Of Dramatic Arts (RADA) graduate. He played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's The Gathering Storm, but, more to the point, note that Hiddleston starred in Ivanov opposite Sir Kenneth on the London stage and also starred with him in the BBC miniseries Wallander. Marvel Studios won't confirm my news, but Hiddleston had been considered as a possible Thor.
Of course, one of the great things about casting no-name actors in blockbuster films is how much budget it clears up for the effects team. Hopefully it will be enough to add the sassy, English-speaking, CGI Pegasus I always thought Thor should ride into battles.

MercWithAMouth
05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I dont know about you guys but i like when they cast unknowns to play super heroes.... they always seem to do well

The Mike
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Article by Jordan Gonzales
Jessica Biel In Thor?
Kenneth Branagh continues to impress me. Or at least I find the rumors surrounding his movie to be impressive. The latest tidbit on Thor is that Jessica Biel is in talks about a role. She will most likely be playing either Sif or the Enchantress, and I would expect a scantily clad encounter with Thor at some point no matter which lady she plays. That alone will be worth the ticket price. The only thing I wonder about is how well she would fit in with Branagh’s style.

I have really only seen her in Blade Trinity and Chuck and Larry, neither of which is very similar to what I expect from Thor. There is a little concern about how she will tackle the different kind of role, but it is outweighed by my faith in her acting ability. That is why she makes the big bucks. Who am I kidding? She makes the big bucks because she looks good in revealing clothing. I always worry when girls are casted to be a pretty face, but I am confident that if Branagh casts her then she will put on a good performance. I expect him to put together a great movie, and I don’t think he would cast Jessica Biel just as eye candy, and if he thinks she can play the part then I do too. That and I really want to see her as the Enchantress.

Ktjn
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Who is considered Top Tier really depends on what is hot right now. Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk all seem to be consistently in the Top Tier status, even Captain America is considered second tier more often then not. I love Iron Man but in the Silver/Bronze Age he dipped into the second tier status and held there until the Modern Age.

Top Teirs; Isn't it said, when a character has his/her own toy line/series and a movie they are considered to be at the top?... Character wise, I think SM,IM, Hulk, and Wolvie are the top tiers?

Shai
07-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Top Teirs; Isn't it said, when a character has his/her own toy line/series and a movie they are considered to be at the top?... Character wise, I think SM,IM, Hulk, and Wolvie are the top tiers?

IM Never was really top tier until its movie came out..now you can say he's in the top spot along with those 3 others.Maybe Thor will join this group after his movie comes out...:huh

IronFingaz
07-02-2009, 11:11 AM
She did a good job in The Illusionist. She can't do any worse then Kirsten Dunst :monkey4

creature4000
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
If there were Teirs it would be....

Top Teir = Spiderman, X-men, Avengers, Fantastic Four

Second Teir = everyone else.

Ktjn
07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
IM Never was really top tier until its movie came out..now you can say he's in the top spot along with those 3 others.Maybe Thor will join this group after his movie comes out...:huh

Just hope they do a great job on the movie. But I have my doubts sadly.

Character teir?... and how dare you not add DP to the top. Take that avatar down you heathen

;)

NIGHTCRAWLER
07-02-2009, 05:36 PM
IM Never was really top tier until its movie came out..now you can say he's in the top spot along with those 3 others.

I always thought of Iron Man as a "top tier" prior to the movie. It just seemed (to me) that there has always been a pretty big fan base to that character. I really wasn't interested in the character, but that changed after the movie.

Shai
07-02-2009, 07:47 PM
http://marvel.com/i/content/st/26689new_storyimage8006435_full.jpg

The Mike
07-03-2009, 12:43 AM

Fantastic Four haven't been "Top Tier" since 1970, had a small resurgance in the 90s with their cartoon and Roger Corman film then again after the feature film but only blips nothing more. The X-Men and Avenger rosters are too many times changed to be considered popular not to mention that any popular mutant finds its way into the X-Men or X-Related teams and The Avengers always accept the new flash in the pans. The only characters who have consistantly been at the top since their creations were Spider-Man, Wolverine and The Hulk. When a movie comes out, the comics push the hell out of it which is why before a movie comes out there might be one or two titles and then after there is like six or seven. It ebbs and flows and to a lesser extent does the same after new cartoons or video games. Just like both major players fold in things from the movies into the books. Peter had organic webshooters after Spider-Man, hell Batman even went full black after the Burton 1989 film. Its the way things have always been run. Spider-Man is the poster child, Wolverine is the cult classic and The Hulk is the face/heel were he is just as popular as a hero as he is as a villain. Everyone else interchanges depending on the flavors of the week.

creature4000
07-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I tried.. I'm just more of a fan of the old factions. There's too many characters now to keep track of, you are right.

MadCow
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
She did a good job in The Illusionist. She can't do any worse then Kirsten Dunst :monkey4

Dunst was the worst casting choice ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mary Jane my arse !

Shai
07-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Dunst wasnt sexy and Flamboyant enough to play Mary Jane.

Magnuz
07-06-2009, 05:12 PM
If you wanna know top tier characters, look at marvels toylines character selections, like Marvel Legends.

Jesse Falcon who used to head Toybiz and the creator of Marvel Legends, made it very clear their top tier guys were Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and Iron Man. Thats why you got at least one of each of those guys in almost every single wave, and usually more often than not, it was Iron Man, just because he's so easily done again and again with his various armors.

So Iron Man was top tier, and is known, alot more than thor IMO, so it helps him a bit, although the movie sold itself because it was great, it had a better known character to jump off with.

Part of the problem with thor is that, just as i've always had a problem with marvel doing this, he's based off pre existing mythology, and then adapted into comic bookdom, just like hercules, and it throws people off a bit. I can guarantee you there are people out there that know Thor the god of thunder, from norse mythology, but don't know hes a comic book character.

Thats why i'd hope for this movie to lean more towards more recent thor books, with more norse stuff in it, less present day nurse with a stick...

creature4000
07-07-2009, 04:56 AM
If you wanna know top tier characters, look at marvels toylines character selections, like Marvel Legends.

Jesse Falcon who used to head Toybiz and the creator of Marvel Legends, made it very clear their top tier guys were Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and Iron Man. Thats why you got at least one of each of those guys in almost every single wave, and usually more often than not, it was Iron Man, just because he's so easily done again and again with his various armors.

So Iron Man was top tier, and is known, alot more than thor IMO, so it helps him a bit, although the movie sold itself because it was great, it had a better known character to jump off with.

Part of the problem with thor is that, just as i've always had a problem with marvel doing this, he's based off pre existing mythology, and then adapted into comic bookdom, just like hercules, and it throws people off a bit. I can guarantee you there are people out there that know Thor the god of thunder, from norse mythology, but don't know hes a comic book character.

Thats why i'd hope for this movie to lean more towards more recent thor books, with more norse stuff in it, less present day nurse with a stick...

Good observation and I'd agree on the Teir characters. Not that it really matters.

Also, I agree 100% that they need to base it off the recent books instead of the classics.

Batty
07-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Natalie Portman has signed on as the female lead.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i30319b161b10e5dcc3666148772f6d4f

Natalie Portman has been cast as the female lead in "Thor," Marvel Studios' adaptation of its comic book featuring the Norse god of thunder. Kenneth Branagh is directing.

Portman has been cast to star as Jane Foster, who in early comic book lore was a nurse who became Thor's first love. The studio said the character will be updated for the feature adaptation.

Chris Hemsworth is already cast as Thor. Tom Hiddleston is Loki, the god of mischief who serves as the movie's villain.

"Thor" is Marvel's stab at an epic fantasy adventure, spanning from present-day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans but once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Marvel's Kevin Feige is producing.

Principal photography for the film is set for early 2010. The film will be released in the U.S. on May 20, 2011, distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Portman, repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment, next stars with Jake Gyllenhaal and Tobey Maguire in Jim Sheridan's "Brothers." Her comic book and fantasy movie resume includes the recent "Star Wars" trilogy of "V for Vendetta."

Shai
07-13-2009, 11:04 AM
:rock:rock:rock

Nerds love her.Great choice.

iron.jedi83
07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
always loved natalie portman :rock

Hulksmashed
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Im a bit confused. Jane Foster is the main leading lady of the film? I thought the vast majority of the film took place in Asgard prior to Thor being cast down to earth....if thats the case then how can a mortal nurse be the leading lady?

Darth Snoopy
07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Natlie Portman :woo :rock

blue_rogue
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I just read that!

Awesome! :rock

creature4000
07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
This movie is going to suck... her acting sucks and she looks like a boy!

Shai
07-13-2009, 04:44 PM

:horror:horror:horror:

DinoLast
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM

Thank god I haven't seen any boys that look like her or I would have issues

blue_rogue
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/portman_jane_foster-550x207.jpg

Shai
07-13-2009, 04:59 PM

iron.jedi83
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM

so beautiful, she is awesome

IronFingaz
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM

:monkey5 :rock

NIGHTCRAWLER
07-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Ms. Portman Hubba Humbba :rock

Gruson
07-14-2009, 08:36 AM

She is not my favorite but should be ok. Not much upstairs but the ass makes up for it. :)

http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/natalie-portman-ass-closer-03.jpg

Hulksmashed
07-14-2009, 09:01 AM

Wow...today is the day that I learned I was gay.....:monkey5

The Mike
07-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Huh....there is a hint of the eye in that pic Gruson....:lol

Shai
07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
She is not my favorite but should be ok. Not much upstairs but the ass makes up for it. :)

http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/natalie-portman-ass-closer-03.jpg

Damn I had forgot this movie...

Darkseed
07-14-2009, 10:49 AM
She is not my favorite but but the ass makes up for it.

:mwaha She helped create an Empire whatever awaits the poor God of Thunder :D

tylerdurden
07-14-2009, 11:04 PM
i don't know much about the character in the thor comics, but natalie portman seems like a way better choice than cameron diaz.

i like natalie. she's lovely, her acting can be good depending on the role, and she doesn't annoy me unlike some pretty-face actresses.

Gruson
07-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, Cameron Diaz was good when she first started out, she was great in The Mask and in Mary, but I cannot stand her lately. Same goes with Julia Roberts, she is just annoying now but used to be great (Pretty Woman, Pelican Brief, etc)

Eli26
07-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, Cameron Diaz was good when she first started out, she was great in The Mask and in Mary, but I cannot stand her lately. Same goes with Julia Roberts, she is just annoying now but used to be great (Pretty Woman, Pelican Brief, etc)

Weird how we think exactly the same there.

jimjimmyjones85
07-15-2009, 01:39 PM

I agree with the Hulk Lover... :naughty

Crimsonbob
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Natalie Portman would get my vote :chew

Minigt
07-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Very very pleased with this choice. I would use her poo as toothpaste.

Shai
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Very very pleased with this choice. I would use her poo as toothpaste.

:lol:lol Awesome....I would do.

Natrix
09-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Some more casting news.

Two more cast in 'Thor'
Jaimie Alexander, Colm Feore join Marvel adaptation

By Borys Kit

Sept 22, 2009, 11:00 PM ET

Jaimie Alexander and Colm Feore
The world of "Thor" is filling up.

Jaimie Alexander and Colm Feore are coming aboard the Marvel Studios adaptation of its comic book featuring the Norse god of thunder. Kenneth Branagh is directing.

Alexander and Feore join Chris Hemsworth, already cast as Thor; Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki, the god of mischief who serves as the movie's villain; and Natalie Portman is Thor's human love, Jane Foster.

In Marvel's epic fantasy, Alexander is playing Sif, a skilled Asgardian warrior who can hold her own against any man. She also is one of Thor's loves.

Feore's character is shrouded in mystery -- the studio isn't even sending the actors the script -- though it is known to be a villain.

The movie's story centers on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions re-ignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Alexander, best known for "Kyle XY," also has been cast as a pharmaceutical sales rep in "Love and Other Drugs," starring Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal. That movie begins shooting in October. Alexander is repped by the Kohner Agency, James Levy Management and Lev Ginsburg.

Feore, repped by the Coronel Group, is coming off stints on "24" and "The Listener." He appears "The Trotsky," which debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival.

The Mike
09-23-2009, 02:54 PM
This is Sif:

http://www.thestarscoop.com/2007/photos/jaimie_alexander.jpg

Not too bad, they must be trying to match this look:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XshnFVKdkVE/Sb-RW1wb8cI/AAAAAAAAEkY/Qg-o8n-_jaQ/s400/Sif.jpg

Still waiting for confirmation that Diora Baird will be playing Enchantress. :naughty:

Minigt
09-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Great news:rotfl

jnmx2000
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Still waiting for confirmation that Diora Baird will be playing Enchantress. :naughty:

won't happen, unfortunately. because that sounds amazing lol

The Mike
10-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Article by Quiet Destroyer
Bendis Praises 'Thor' Script!
May 1st, 2011 seems so far away. Particularly if you’re a Thor fan like myself. That’s a long time left for speculation over the quality of what this film may be. For the longest time now, and I’m sure this is the same for all of the other fans out there, I can’t help but cringe a little when I hear about one of my favorite bits of pulp fiction making the jump to the silver screen. Probably because 90% of the time the final product ends up bashing our expectations into a rock like the head of a newborn illegitimate child of a medieval royal who couldn’t keep it in his pants.

I’ll be honest, Thor has me a tad worried. While I think it will be epic to see him kicking thine asses, all of that could be horribly over-shadowed by the Asgardian’s specific dialogue and how its delivered. Aside from that worry, I’m pretty excited to see some Viking rage. Fortunately a certain Mr. Bendis gave a little tease as to how things are progressing.

Brian Michael Bendis was on hand at the Baltimore Comicon this weekend and was asked about the current state of Marvel movies and if they would all intertwine. We’ve seen links between Iron Man and Hulk so far, and it appears that’s going to keep happening. He also chimed in that he’s read the script for Thor, and in his words:

"I was reading the new script just last night. Very, very good."

A small sliver of promise that I can only hope works out.

creature4000
10-16-2009, 04:42 AM
With Farv not being interested in directing the Advengers... because Thor is going to be a much different superhero movie.. that mixing these characters is going to be a nightmare.

I think anyone expecting to see The Advengers Thor is going to be disappointed in this movie.

Atheris
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
So does this mean their not going to make a 2nd Hulk film before the avengers?....mannnn....I wanna see more Hulk. Thors a whimp....he can build my next house though with his special hammer :joy

Chris

MercWithAMouth
10-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Anthony Hopkins to Play Odin in Thor!
Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety
October 29, 2009

Anthony Hopkins has been cast as Norse god Odin in Marvel Studios' Thor, to be directed by Kenneth Branagh starting January.

Odin is the father of Thor and Loki, to be played by Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, respectively. Natalie Portman is playing Thor's love interest, Jane Foster.

In the movie, written by Mark Protosevich and Zack Stentz, the powerful but arrogant warrior Thor's reckless actions re-ignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Paramount Pictures will release the film on May 20, 2011.

creature4000
10-31-2009, 09:41 AM
i really don't no if this will work.

ecekat
10-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Anthony Hopkins to Play Odin in Thor!
Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety
October 29, 2009

Anthony Hopkins has been cast as Norse god Odin in Marvel Studios' Thor, to be directed by Kenneth Branagh starting January.

Odin is the father of Thor and Loki, to be played by Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, respectively. Natalie Portman is playing Thor's love interest, Jane Foster.

In the movie, written by Mark Protosevich and Zack Stentz, the powerful but arrogant warrior Thor's reckless actions re-ignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Paramount Pictures will release the film on May 20, 2011.
anthony hopkins rocks!!!

jinxx
10-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Thou speaketh ye olde english?.......was that right!?:rotfl

Shai
10-31-2009, 10:28 AM
love the casting so far.

Minigt
10-31-2009, 04:28 PM
I think this is great news. Thanks for posting it and keeping us up to date.

Icemizer
10-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Not very happy with the casting of AH as Odin. While a temendous actor I feel his physcial presence will be weak in this roll. Of course they may cgi him a new body and just use his voice which would be fine.

As far as Bendis liking the script that has me really worried.

jimjimmyjones85
11-18-2009, 01:52 PM
In case it's not known.

Are you waiting for the hammer to fall on the big screen (Mjolnir, that is)?! Of course you are and so are we!

When Thor makes his big screen debut on May 20, 2011, he'll have some company with him—as reported today by Variety.com!

Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg, longtime friends and fellow Asgardians who usually work together as a team known as the Warriors Three, are Thor’s allies and companions.

Fandral will be played by Stuart Townsend. The job of Hogun goes to Tadanobu Asano. And Volstagg will be portrayed Ray Stevenson.

They join the previously announced Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster. Kenneth Branagh will direct.

"Thor" is one of a continuing slate of films being produced by Marvel Studios based on the Marvel characters, including "Iron Man 2" on May 7, 2010, "The First Avenger: Captain America" on July 22, 2011 and "The Avengers" on May 4, 2012.

karamazov80
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Punisher as Volstagg? WTF?? I guess no cross-overs between Lion's Gate and Marvel Studios :( He's way too small.

Natrix
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Kat Dennings Joins Thor
Source:MTV
November 23, 2009

Natalie Portman revealed to MTV this weekend that Kat Dennings (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) will have a role in director Kenneth Branagh's Thor. She didn't reveal what role Dennings will be playing, however.

Dennings is joining a cast that includes Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Jaimie Alexander, Colm Feore, Samuel L. Jackson, Stellan Skarsgard, Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson, Tadanobu Asano and Idris Elba. The Marvel Studios adaptation will be released in theaters by Paramount Pictures on May 20, 2011.

I love me some Kat!!

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/denningsthor.jpg

Tao43
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
So far, Thor is shaping up to be my favorite Marvel movie

POWER1010
01-11-2010, 03:13 PM
in case anyone cares i read this on AICN.

STORY OF THE DAY: Stuart Townsend out as FANDRAL on THOR? Joshua Dallas is Replacing?

Hey folks, Harry here... Just got dropped the rumor du jour... According to a source wishing to be known as Avatom Rothman, Stuart Townsend has been fired from THOR due to showing up 6 hours late for a screen test. If this does come to be true, this would be the second high profile fantasy role he's lost after having been announced as landing the part. The first being the role of ARAGORN, which the public reason for losing the role was that they decided "he was too young" for the role. We all know that Viggo replaced him as Aragorn, but who would you cast as Fandral to replace Stuart?

Well, according to an AP story that has just started making the rounds, Stuart left due to "creative disputes" - but they're also stating that Joshua Dallas, a 28 year old actor, most famously cast in the sequel to THE DESCENT, which was pretty forgettable. He's also playing a character in George Lucas' infamous RED TAILS, which is apparently in post-production now. Filming is supposed to start this Monday. And... well, let's hope this is the disaster that needs to happen before a fortuitous shoot. Here's that story!

The Mike
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Excellent Continuity News...

Article by Supascoot
Agent Coulson Will Appear in 'Thor'
Adding to the list of characters set to appear in multi-franchise Marvel titles, Iron Man’s Agent Coulson (played by Clark Gregg) is set to return not only in Iron Man 2, but also in the upcoming Thor. This continues the trend Marvel has established with the appearance of Nick Fury and Cap’s shield in Iron Man, and the inclusion of Tony Stark and the deleted scene of Captain America frozen in the ice in The Incredible Hulk.

Agent Coulson was the first introduction to the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement,
and Logistics Division, later christened as S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Marvel universe of movies. In many ways, Gregg’s role was the jumping off point for the connecting thread between the various
Marvel movies coming out in the near future. S.H.I.E.L.D. is an effective theme that I think will tie the movies together in the most logical way possible, and I’m glad to hear that Agent Coulson will show up in Thor, as well as Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury, further enforcing the role of S.H.I.E.L.D in the development of these movies. Expect Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark to make a cameo in some form or another, as well.

It’s an epic undertaking to tie all these movies together well enough to really make us believe these characters can exist in the same universe, and Marvel seems to be following a great plan to bring these characters together for The Avengers. I can’t wait to see Thor, this movie is going to blow everyone away… hopefully.

Iron Man 2 arrives on May 7 and Thor is planning for a May 6, 2011 release.

Directed by Kenneth Branagh, Thor stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo, Ray Stevenson, Tadanobu Asano, Josh Dallas, Jaimie Alexander, Idris Elba, Colm Feore, Kat Dennings, Stellan Skarsgard and Adriana Barraza…. Just to name a few.

Anybody else dying to hear some casting for The First Avenger: Captain America?

hairlesswookiee
01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
SCHWING!!!!! That's great indeed.

LoneWolf
01-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Even if Ray Stevenson is the Punisher, I believe enough CGI/prosthetics will be done to make him look as far from the Punisher as possible.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/punisher-war-zone/warzone.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goonie1/Modern%20Asgardian%20Customs/Volstagg/ModernVolstaggBanner-1.jpg
*Volstagg is the big guy

creature4000
01-22-2010, 10:29 AM
this movie WILL NOT be like the comic.

It's either going to be good (not IM good) or terrible. :(

hairlesswookiee
01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Even if Ray Stevenson is the Punisher, I believe enough CGI/prosthetics will be done to make him look as far from the Punisher as possible.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/punisher-war-zone/warzone.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goonie1/Modern%20Asgardian%20Customs/Volstagg/ModernVolstaggBanner-1.jpg
*Volstagg is the big guy

Nice!!! They could even get Thomas Jane to play Fandral.

Natrix
03-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Bump for some new Thor news (some minor spoilers included) and to get this moved to the Movies area!

Sounds good so far!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/thor-exclusive-marvel-secrets-from-insiders-part-i-9425

THOR: Exclusive Marvel Secrets From Insiders Part I
By Kellvin Chavez on March 10, 2010

THOR: Exclusive Marvel Secrets From Insiders Part I Though Latino Review has grown into a reliable and formidable entertainment news entity in less than ten years, we're often still considered small fry by the studio system. That doesn't bother us too much, because we're solely devoted to you the readers, but it does help when the studios aid us in doing our job and that's providing information. We often get forwarded your typical news like the release of a movie trailer, casting, or your basic promotional material, but when it comes to getting invited to play in the same sandbox as the big news entities, on more than one occasion we're left out like a neglected stepchild. Case in point, the recent set visit in Manhattan Beach for Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures "Thor," which is now lensing.

Like I said, being left out doesn't bother us too much and actually we should consider it as a favor. Are our readers really interested in typical set visit Q&A sessions with cast and crew members where you learn little about the movie? Every outlet in attendance will basically run the same boring story anyway. How about something really news worthy, like the fact that several inside sources can give me real answers about where Marvel really wants to take Thor. What is the film's time-line within the growing Marvel movie universe? How will it tie into the other stories? How is Shakespearean director Kenneth Branagh handling the material and is Chris Hemsworth the right fit for Thor? Read on and find out.

We all know that the events in Iron Man (and possibly Iron Man 2) take place before The Incredible Hulk. How does Thor fit into this time-line?

In terms of time-line, Thor is set after The Incredible Hulk. In the script we make mention of gamma radiation and one of the scientist characters, I think Stellan Skarsgard's Professor Ford recalls, “There was brilliant scientist (Bruce Banner). He was a genius with gamma radiation and somehow S.H.I.E.L.D. made him disappear.” So Thor's story would take place after The Incredible Hulk.

How does Thor figure into The Avengers? Does he become a full-fledged member of the team?

Basically, at the end of the movie, Thor makes mention to Clark Gregg's character Agent Coulson that his kingdom of Asgard and S.H.I.E.L.D. are on the same side and whenever they need his help, he will be there to assist them in battle. It does leave it open, with Thor basically saying “When you need me and you want to assemble a team, I’m down.” So, this is obviously pre-Avengers, post-Incredible Hulk.

So at this point are the Avengers already “assembled” like when Tony Stark told General Ross (William Hurt) at the Incredible Hulk's conclusion: “We're putting a team together.”?

At this point, Nick Fury and Tony Stark would have already started amassing people.

How is an actor and director as deeply rooted in the world of Shakespeare like Kenneth Branagh handling comic book material like Thor?

Branagh is fantastic. The guy is a passionate director. He makes everything and everyone important, no matter how small their role in the production is. He's keeping the material very close to the comic. The tone is – even the way the stuff looks – is darker. So it’s cool. Iron Man was cool because it was light, but not too light like the Batman movies that Tim Burton made and it was not as heavy as say, Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight. Iron Man was the perfect comic book movie because it was the light and the dark sides sort of mixed together. Thor balances the same things as well. It plays the light side with the stuff on Earth and then the heavier side with what happens up in Asgard and the battle that occurs. Marvel has done a really good job of trying to blend what they need to have a successful movie and what they need to keep all the fan boys happy. They're doing an excellent job.

Chris Hemsworth in the lead role of Thor.

He’s not only f*ing great, but a cool guy and about as normal a guy that you’ll ever meet. I know everyone is saying that. Chris had auditioned for another movie, but failed to win the part, yet he was very open and self-deprecating about it. He even said “Yeah, yeah. I auditioned for that. But apparently I was pretty terrible.” He’ll have that sort of attitude about it and kind of make fun of himself. “Yeah, I pretty much stunk the joint up when I went in and auditioned for that.” He’s got that kind of self deprecating humor. Very, very cool dude. He is a perfect Thor. The guy’s a physical specimen. He’s 6’4’’/6’5’’ and he’s built like a brick house. He looks like he came down off that Rainbow Bridge and was ready to rock.

What about the look of Thor's costume and the iconic hammer?

Surprisingly, the costume looks amazing. We could tell early on from the production sketches of costumes and sets that this was going to be something good. It’s just beautiful and the designers really took it to heart. If you look at some of the more recent Thor comics that are out now, the tone and the costuming is that. It’s basically, the way you read the comics now, they’re updated the way they are now and that’s how the costumes are. I think everyone is going to be very, very happy. Nothing looks cheesy or cheap. Everything looks like it’s real. Everything looks like it came from that period. And everything looks right on all the actors. Nothing looks stupid. I guess that’s the best word. It's just jaw-dropping even to the Marvel executives.

What’s funny is that when you see these Marvel executives you immediately think, “You guys are young. You guys read the comics?” They're involved in everything and they’re the first ones to make a joke. So they would be like, “Yo, that hammer is f*king, wrong”, because they know that they have this fan base and they have to respect them. They know that those comics are their bread and butter. They took a big gamble with Marvel Studios and it’s paying off because they pay attention to detail. And not only that, it’s their movie watching experience. They want to watch it, too and not be distracted by how bad the costumes are. So they really paid attention to it and they made it look flawless. It just looks flawless when you watch it.

Kryptothedawg
03-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I just wanna know:

1. what the hammer looks like?
2. when he throws it does it come back to him?
3. does he fly with it?

Minigt
03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
I cant wait for this. Its either going to be killer, or really bad. Interesting about Thors costume.

DarthNeil
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I have a ton of faith in Kenneth Branagh and Chris Hemsworth was great in the opening scene of ST. I'm very optimistically looking forward to this.

UTtoyfan
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I have a ton of faith in Kenneth Branagh and Chris Hemsworth was great in the opening scene of ST. I'm very optimistically looking forward to this.

Same here! :rock

Memnoch
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Far as I'm concerned, Branagh has never had a misstep that I've seen so I trust him a great deal.

The Mike
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Ol' Kenny talks Thor:

Kenneth Branagh Talks Thor
Over at SuperHeroHype.com, they report on a recent interview with Kenneth Branagh, director of Thor, where he talks about his love of Thor, and the filming of the movie. Check out the full article by LA Times here.

Here’s a little bit of it for you:

“Growing up, my single comic book passion was Thor," says the 49-year-old actor and filmmaker who surprised many industry observers by taking on the director’s job on the big-budget adaptation of the Marvel Comics thunder god. "From my time in Belfast as a kid, that’s the first time I came across that comic, really, exclusively, I don’t know why, but it struck a chord. I was drawn to it. I liked all the dynastic drama."

"Inspired by the comic book world both pictorially and compositionally at once, we’ve tried to find a way to make a virtue and a celebration of the distinction between the worlds that exist in the film but absolutely make them live in the same world," Branagh said. "It’s about finding the framing style, the color palette, finding the texture and the amount of camera movement that helps celebrate and express the differences and the distinctions in those worlds. If it succeeds, it will mark this film as different…. The combination of the primitive and the sophisticated, the ancient and the modern, I think that potentially is the exciting fusion, the exciting tension in the film."

The article also comments on alleged reports that Anthony Hopkins/Odin was having issues on the set with both Branagh and Chris Hemsworth/Thor.

Hopkins was said to be outraged by the report. The 72-year-old Welsh actor issued this statement: “I am having the time of my life making Thor with Ken and Chris. They have made every day immensely fun and collaborative, and we’re all puzzled that someone would fabricate a story suggesting otherwise. I’m proud to say that Thor has been one of the great experiences of my career.”

On filming Thor:

"It’s going very, very well," Branagh said Wednesday. "We’re in New Mexico now where we have a contemporary Earth part of our story. I guess we’re two-thirds of the way through the story and at this stage of the game what’s surprising and delighting me is the way the cast, the ensemble, has fused together. It’s kind of an interesting combination of very young and very experienced people and the double-up of that, it seems to me, is there is a lot of fire in the movie. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, it doesn’t try to be too solemn."

Branagh made a point to praise Hopkins as "an extraordinary actor with his Celtic passion and incredible technique" and said he has been a binding force for the film on the set and will do the same on the screen. The cast that plays Asgard’s royal family are "people who can embody larger-than-life characters but retain at the center a natural, recognizable, human dynamic … and these people run the universe."

The article also speaks about Kevin Fiege, president of Marvel Studios:

Feige said the plan to meld the Marvel Universe on the silver screen will move forward dramatically now and he said there are some surprises in "Iron Man 2" that set up an unexpected bond to the "Captain America" movie that director Joe Johnston is doing early work on now in England.

"Now many of the pieces are in place … with ‘Iron Man 2’ finished and ‘Thor’ more than halfway done, that lattice work is being built."

Feige said Branagh is proving to be the ideal choice for "Thor" – the executive knew he would be after seeing the buoyant and accessible "Much Ado About Nothing," which made Shakespeare fun and funny even to "comic book fans like me," Feige said. He added: "You could actually laugh and understand all of it."

So a lot of praise being thrown around for all the parties involved, and while hard to take away from the excitement of Iron Man 2 being a little more than a month away, Thor is building up to be one of my most anticipated movies…well, ever.

Sweet Rabbit
04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I just wanna know:

1. what the hammer looks like?
2. when he throws it does it come back to him?
3. does he fly with it?

if it doesn't this'll be an epic fail

jimjimmyjones85
04-06-2010, 07:23 AM
if it doesn't this'll be an epic fail

Having seen what they have been able to do with Iron Man alone should be enough to remove doubt.

creature4000
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
This is a completely different monster then IM.

jimjimmyjones85
04-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Really ? How so ? Special FX wise that is ?

Spartan Rex
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Some interesting fan work.
Dont like his look in the first pict.
Needs to be clean shaven, wings should be bigger (as well as his muscles)
The mock poster is pretty nicely done however.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4859/thorpa.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/i/thorpa.jpg/)
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3435/thorposter.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/thorposter.jpg/)
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9033/thormovieposterbyjerzey.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/i/thormovieposterbyjerzey.jpg/)
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5513/ladysiffinal.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/ladysiffinal.jpg/)

Memnoch
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I dunno, I was raised on beardless Thor but it makes more sense for Thor to have a beard in my mind now.

hunnipot85
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Is that Lindsay Lohan? :lol

iron.jedi83
04-07-2010, 04:37 PM

:rotfl:rotfl didnt even notice it until you said that

Spartan Rex
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM

No:rolleyes:

Jaycepticon
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.latinoreview.com/images/stories/DESTROYER-THOR.jpg

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-first-look-at-the-destroyer-from-thor-9852

Minigt
04-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think this actually from the movie.

Darklord Dave
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
That's a little too comic-faithful to be believable. Also the Destroyer wasn't in the original script.

Shai
04-29-2010, 04:36 AM
That's a little too comic-faithful to be believable. Also the Destroyer wasn't in the original script.

non-sense.....

Mexxecutioner
04-29-2010, 08:09 AM
SPOILER SPOILER !

Something is going on after the end credits of Iron Man 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Lr_zw-5u8

Crimsonbob
04-29-2010, 08:11 AM
SPOILER SPOILER !

Something is going on after the end credits of Iron Man 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Lr_zw-5u8

Thats so cool :)

Spartan Rex
04-29-2010, 08:45 AM

I believe its real.
My understanding is that the destroyer is in the movie.
Branaugh said they just finished filming scenes in NM or AZ.
Those surroundings certainly look like the middle of bum___ Egypt.
Not to mention the after credit scene of Iron man.

CombustedGremlin
04-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I am in awe.

Check out the link ladies and gentlemen:

http://screenrant.com/first-thor-character-image-the-destroyer-armor-rob-56944/

-CG

NotDolls
04-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Wow, he looks pretty much perfect! Good job!

JonWes
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I saw this on comicbookresources. He looks AMAZING.

Bezzerkerr
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
i'm excited, that statue should rise in value.

CombustedGremlin
04-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Awesome to hear from Randy Bowen about this...he just posted over at statuemarvels.

"My pal Brian Bendis was in a meeting with Kenneth Brannaugh (Thor movie director). Mr.Brannaugh mentioned the movie villain for Thor, and proceeded to show him our statue..."-RB

slipknotpredator
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Im not a Thor fan, but that looks like something taken from power rangers.

RJMacReady16
04-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Looks pretty damn cool. Didn't know Natalie Portman was in this.

Natrix
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30296

RJMacReady16
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
The video's down...so what happened after the credits in IM2?

karamazov80
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Paramount requested the pic be moved from the Latino Review site. And it looks pretty elaborate for a hoax.

The Mike
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
If Paramount is saying to take it down then you have to believe it has something to do with the official production. Most movie studios do not bother with hoaxes and fanmade issues.

karamazov80
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
That's what I am thinking. Unless it is: a) an elaborate hoax staged by the production company; or b) Paramount realized that having people believe the fake image to be real will drum up interest.

Both of which are unlikely scenarios, IMO.

--edit: another possibility is that Paramount just doesn't want people getting the wrong idea from some fan-made image. This is probably most possible scenario after it being the real deal.--

CREG Customs
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think they have the right to tell anyone to take it down if it was fan made. It's not their image to demand for it to be removed if that was the case.

Glennfett
04-29-2010, 12:44 PM
off topic but....nat portman!!!should be goo,and hopkins and Skaarsgard.
chris hemsworth-aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi!!!
interesting that Branagh went with a relative unknown to play Thor...and an Aussie to boot who's main gig was a teens show called Home and Away here in Aus...i guess the Star Trek reboot gave him the kick that he needed...

The Mike
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Huh. I read the post above mine three times and still don't know what the hell its about.

RJMacReady16
04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
He said "Me excited!"....

Ra88
04-29-2010, 01:06 PM
The video's down...so what happened after the credits in IM2?

ONLY read this if you really want to know. I recommend waiting and seeing it for yourself though, it was freaking awesome.:chew

The SHIELD agent from the previous movie is dispatched to New Mexico, but in IM2 it's never said why. Then after the credits end, you see him driving through a random desert, get out of his car and look at a giant pit, where SHIELD has already set up shop. He smiles, calls someone, says "We found him." and then it zooms in on Thor's hammer at the center of the pit.

The Mike
04-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I believe you have to replace "him" with "it" but that is the gist. Its also in the IM2 thread.

villainsfan42
04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Huh. I read the post above mine three times and still don't know what the hell its about.

maybe you just dont speak english good...;)

karamazov80
04-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't think they have the right to tell anyone to take it down if it was fan made. It's not their image to demand for it to be removed if that was the case.
You probably could if someone was claiming that it was the real deal when it wasn't. That would be a misrepresentation of their product.

Alimoe27
04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I truly cant wait for this movie

Ra88
04-29-2010, 01:39 PM
I believe you have to replace "him" with "it" but that is the gist. Its also in the IM2 thread.

Yeah, and it's a crater, not a pit. Sorry for that little mistake. Brain hasn't fully recovered from the awesome overload yet.:lol

The Mike
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I've seen WB force sites to post that the images for Batman 3 were fan-made but they didn't force them to take them down. Paramount had no problem with all of the War Machine manipulations or the Whiplash fan-mades and of course the Captain America manipulations that have sprung up everywhere so I'm still thinking if they got involved and actually went to the point of making them take it down that its legit.

karamazov80
04-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, but most of those are/were pretty obviously fake, whereas the Destroyer is not so clear cut. I'm not saying that I think the image in question is fake, I don't, but it is possible.

CREG Customs
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
If that's fan made then I bet it cost about $1500 in aluminum foil!

Minigt
04-29-2010, 02:49 PM
ONLY read this if you really want to know. I recommend waiting and seeing it for yourself though, it was freaking awesome.:chew

The SHIELD agent from the previous movie is dispatched to New Mexico, but in IM2 it's never said why. Then after the credits end, you see him driving through a random desert, get out of his car and look at a giant pit, where SHIELD has already set up shop. He smiles, calls someone, says "We found him." and then it zooms in on Thor's hammer at the center of the pit.

Does anyone know the significance of the Shield agents number plates?

RJMacReady16
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM

Thanks. That sounds incredibly cool. I guess they really are going through with the Avengers thing. Always figured it was a lot of hot air.

risingstar
04-29-2010, 03:30 PM
I am really looking forward to this movie, moreso than any other upcoming superhero feature.

VS1976
04-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow...looks pretty lame....I sure hope thats not the main character because the design looks like a POWER RANGER.....GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!:duh:duh

JonWes
04-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Please. Power Rangers wishes they had a design that cool. It's amazingly comics accurate. Plus, remember it's all abouttge lighting.

draekus
04-29-2010, 06:44 PM
They've removed the image...anyone manage to save it before it was taken down?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it. I think it looks good. Doesn't look like a power rangers character to me. (For that take a look at the Green Goblin suit in SM1)

Kai
04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
They've removed the image...anyone manage to save it before it was taken down?

This one?

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2010/04/thor-the-destroyer1.jpg

JonWes
04-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Here's another link if you missed it:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/4563852381_ebde101e52_o.jpg

Darklord Dave
04-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, if Paramount requested it to be removed, I stand corrected - must be legit. And now I'm disappointed because it's too comic faithful - that's one of the worst designs for any villain.

senbi575
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Here's another link if you missed it:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/4563852381_ebde101e52_o.jpg

What no Loki?!!?!

fuzzylojiks
04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
What no Loki?!!?!

That's armored Loki!

Deadly Dagger
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
ThorBuster would have been better ;)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/otisthedrifter/ThorBuster.jpg

I hope they make the Destroyer HUGE and not so skinny

ActionJackson83
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
That destroyer definitely looks awesome, can't wait to see shots of Thor.

meanstreak
04-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Looks great, can't wait to see Thor too.

creature4000
04-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Too Skinny!

fuzzylojiks
04-30-2010, 06:43 AM
First pic of Thor. Source: Yahoo! movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-stills/gallery/2588/thor-stills#photo0)

http://l.yimg.com/k/omg/us/img/82/dc/9415_13238939234.jpg?y=660&x=616&q=75&n=0&sig=2HIAgg.uNW3ic.clIEErRw--

fuzzylojiks
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Looks great, can't wait to see Thor too.

http://l.yimg.com/k/omg/us/img/82/dc/9415_13238939234.jpg?y=660&x=616&q=75&n=0&sig=2HIAgg.uNW3ic.clIEErRw--

Crimsonbob
04-30-2010, 06:51 AM
The armour looks amazing.

I want a Thor ya listening Hot toys!

Jaycepticon
04-30-2010, 06:53 AM
HELL YEAH!!!:rock I was pretty hopeful they wouldn't give him exposed arms, ala classic Thor. Can't wait to see how the whole costume looks

meanstreak
04-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Looks like he'll be bad ass :rock