What specific scenes or episodes will you NEVER forget?

• Thread starter JSAuctionService
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JSAuctionService

Howdy folks! I wanted to narrow things down a bit further
from favorite shows, or favorite movies, and get right to the
heart of things. What scenes or episodes from either TV, or
movies will you NEVER forget - as in impacted you so much
that you absolutely can't forget them, and you found them
to be the most scary/sad/funny/fulfilling things you'd seen.

Here are just some quickies for me:

1. The ending of Se7en (Never hit more by any movie)
2. Scrubs - Season 3 - My Screw Up (if you've seen it you'll know)
3. M.A.S.H. - Radar giving the news of Col. Blake's death
4. Salem's Lot - Glick boy at the window (never scared more)
5. Blade Runner - Roy Batty soliloquy (I've seen things....)
6. Family Guy - Syrup of Ipecac scene (never laughed harder)
7. The Ring - Closet girl flash and also Samara reveal and "walk"
8. Ringu - Sadako reveal and "walk"
9. Just Shoot Me - 1st Donnie episode (funnier than heck!)
10. ROTK - My friends, you bow to no one.
11. FOTR - Frodo upon seeing Gandalf fall: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
12. Mask - Cher trying to wake up Rocky
13. Mask - Dozer saying "I'm proud of you"
14. The Sixth Sense - Twist ending
15. Butterfly Effect - Director's Cut Ending - NOT regular edition ending
16. BTVS - Lie To Me - illness reveal makes all the difference
17. Jurassic Park - "Welcome.......to Jurassic Park"

I'll add more as I think of them, but you get the idea.

What say you?

Here are some memorable scenes that I can think of right now:

-Opening scene of Star Wars ANH
-Death Star Trench run/attack
-Vader revealing he is Luke's father
-E.T. and Elliot flying over the moon
-Superman "rescue scene" of Lois in the chopper
-Nightmare on Elm Street, scene with Tina's body being dragged up wall with blood everywhere
-FOTR-Boromir's death and speech
-Raiders of the Lost Ark: truck chase and ending and Toht's face melting!!
-Bullet-time sequence in Matrix then chopper crash.
-T1000 morphing in T2
-Alien -chest burster!!! wow.
-Jurassic Park :T-rex attack on Jeep and end roar "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth.

i won't give you a list of mine, as they are mostly already here.. but I will reiterate one specifically.

Scrubs - "My Screw Up." .... WOW! Have you guys ever seen anything so amazing and touching and just flat out great (on television no less!!!). This episode is the reason Scrubs is my favorite show... F'in amazing!

I wil add the Russian Roulette scene in Deer Hunter though.. wow.

Scrubs - "My Screw Up." .... WOW! Have you guys ever seen anything so amazing and touching and just flat out great
No I haven't - ever. And that my friend is why it is high on my list.

C'mon L4P! Ya gotta have more than a couple though! :thwak ;)

LOTR - Ringwraith's enter Hobbitton
Gandalf the Grey's Death
Boromir's Death
The Rohirrim arrive at Helm's Deep
Samwise the Brave's Speech at the end of TT and the Montage
Charge of the Rohirrim at Pelennor
"My Friends, you bow to no one."

Path's of Glory - the death march
Scrubs - "My Screw Up"
Alien - Chest Popping Scene
Aliens - "Get away from her you b*tch!"
2001 - "Open the pod bay doors Hal."
Eternal Sunshine - "Meet me in Montauk."
Being John Malcovich - Opening puppet scene
Holy Grail - "You there Old Woman" scene... HILARIOUS!
Dogville - The end... whoa....(not to mention Kidman's best performance)
Friends - "I got off the plane"
Seinfeld - Name it....
Kill Bill - "Tell me, is she aware her daughter is still alive" I GASPED
"Elle and I"
The Bride vs. Oren
Empire Stikes Back - When we see Vader w/out the helmet (scared the crap out of me)
Donnie Darko - the whole movie just impacted me
Magnolia - The Frogs
Seven - Yup.. the end is.... well.. a killer

I'll post more when i think of more...
`

Just remembered another... The best musical sequence (and song in any musical in my opinion..)

Hedwig and the Angry Inch - "Origin of Love"

Sorry to be a downer but I find the more emotionally draining films to be esp memorable:

The end of Private Ryan "tell me I am a good man"

The end of Man on Fire - I can't watch that without crying

Schindler's List - the rocks on the tomb

LOTRFan said:
Sorry to be a downer but I find the more emotionally draining films to be esp memorable:

The end of Private Ryan "tell me I am a good man"

The end of Man on Fire - I can't watch that without crying

Schindler's List - the rocks on the tomb

Agreed. I like very few comedies, and the ones that I love still don't "impact" me the way a really good drama does.

Aliens, "they mostly come at night....mostly", Hilarious- Cartman does it better

Jurassic Park " Now that is one big pile of ****", ha !

Jurassic Park II "Sure that's how it always starts, ooooh ahhhh, then later theres running and screaming"

ROTK, " I can't carry it for you but I can carry you, come on "

ROTK, "How do you go back, how do you pick up the pieces of an old life "

Nightmare on Elm Street, When girl in bed is sliced and thrown around room, didnt sleep for a fortnight after that.

In Buffy, Xander doing the snoopy dance........cracks me up.
Again in Buffy, end of Season 5(i think), when she jumps off tower.Makes me cry.
Even more Buffy, " The hardest thing in this world is to live in it".
Friends, Fat Monica dancing has me crying with laughter.

Will add more but these are the ones I can remember off hand.

x

Last edited:
Re:

But when somethings FUNNY.. MAN does it stick with you.

Example - Anyone remember Will Arnett and Portia de Rossi doing the chicken dance on 'Arrested Development'??? I nearly died laughing... honestly.. I got scared bc I just couldn't breathe... damn that TiVo

Agreed wholeheartedly! :medic

salem99ar.jpg

I've not been the same since. :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror :horror

Last edited:
1. Buffy - 'Prophecy Girl' - walk with the theme playing behind them
2. Buffy - Graduation Day Part 2 - Angel drinking Buffy
3. Superman the Movie - helicopter rescue scene
4. Titanic - when the ship breaks in two
5. LOTR ROTK - "My friends, you bow to no-one"
6. LOTR ROTK - Gandalf using his staff to blind the nazgul at Minas Tirith
7. Angel - 'Not Fade Away' - "Lets get to work"

From Buffy:
1. Xander: "I've gotta say something... 'cause I don't think I've made it clear. I'm in love with you. Powerfully, painfully in love. The things you do ... the way you think ... the way you move ... I get excited every time I'm about to see you. You make me feel like I've never felt before in my life. Like a man. I just thought you might wanna know."

2. Spike: "I’m not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it’s not because I want you, or because I can’t have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I’ve seen your kindness and your strength. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You’re a hell of a woman."

3. Faith: "Are you ever gonna take this thing out?"

4. The first slayer/Tara: "You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun."

5. Buffy: "Close your eyes."

6. Spike: "Are you afraid I'm gonna-"

7. Spike: "I wanna see how it ends."

From Angel:

1. Darla: "This child - Angel, it's the one good thing we ever did together. The only good thing. You make sure to tell him that."

2. Cordelia: "But right now, we have to solve my vision."

Lorne: "The one you just said was taken care of?"

Cordy: "No. The one I'm having right now. There is a young man in a park in Glendale. Uh, somewhere near a pond. There is a demon waiting for him. He's red with four, no make that five horns."

Angel: "Uh, Cordy?"

Cordy: "What?"

3. Faith: "I'm evil! I'm bad! I'm evil! Do you hear me? I'm bad! Angel, I'm bad! I'm ba-ad. Do you hear me? I'm bad! I'm bad! I'm bad. Please. Angel, please, just do it."

Last edited:
Memorable Scenes

These are some of the most memorable scenes from the movies and TV for me! Please forgive the length of this post, but at almost 46, I’ve seen a lot of memorable things! In fact, it has gotten a little out of hand already, so this will be Part 1, with more to come!

They are in no particular order (except somewhat chronological), and I am probably forgetting half of them, but here goes:

Warner Bros Animated Shorts 1929 thru 1969 – The first time I saw each individual cartoon! Enough said!!!

The Three Stooges (Movie and TV) 1930 thru 1970 – How can you pick just one scene? There are just too many, so I will just say “Tote that barge, lift that bale. Zoot!” :stooge

Frankenstein 1931 – When the Monster first enters the door backwards and slowly turns toward the camera and then the camera zooms in by jumps! :frank

Dracula 1931 – When we first see Dracula in his castle in Transylvania coming down the stairs and he utters the iconic line, “I am Dracula… I bid you welcome.”. :blackbat

The Mummy 1932 – When we first see the face of Ardeth Bey and again the camera zooms in by jumps! That face still gives me the willies! :mummy

King Kong 1933 – The battle scene between Kong and the T-Rex. Unforgettable!

It’s A Wonderful Life 1946 – When George runs onto the bridge crying “I want to live again!”. Gets me every time! Also, when George runs into the old house and up the stairs, with the staircase banister knob in his hand and then kisses it and puts it back in place.

The Red Skelton Show (TV) 1951 thru 1970 – I loved Red Skelton as a kid and used to watch the show religiously back in the late 60’s. There are so many scenes from this show, but I remember one vividly! Red would do a pantomime skit almost every episode, and I remember this one in particular. He was trying to cook breakfast and everything was going wrong; when he got to the toast, the bread didn’t just pop up out of the toaster, but rose up and got longer and longer! Not knowing what to do and looking quite puzzled, Red finally got the bright idea to take the extra long piece of toast and cut it into “toast” size pieces by slamming a cabinet door on it several times! I remember I laughed so hard I started crying and gasping for breath and my mom thought I was having some kind of seizure or something! I really can’t recall laughing that hard at any other scene from a movie or TV show since; of course I was very young at the time, but I’m sure I would still laugh at it if I ever saw it again!

Superman (TV) 1953 thru 1957 – I can’t pick any one scene as the most memorable, but I can tell you this; at the tender age of four years old (way back in 1963), I refused to budge from in front of the TV set at the pre-school I went to until after the rerun of Superman ended, which was 15 minutes after pre-school started. Even my mother couldn’t convince me to get up and go to class, so I was finally allowed to watch the episodes and come to class late!!! (If only I had realized what was in store for me at that early age! Doomed from the very start I guess!)

The Creature from the Black Lagoon 1954 – The scene where the Creature’s hand first appears over the railing of the boat!

Godzilla 1954 – Godzilla! The radiation breath! Miniatures! Pick a scene, any scene!

Tarantula 1955 – I hate spiders to this day, and it may very well be because of this movie! I still get a little nervous when the Tarantula makes his first appearance at giant size!

The Haunting 1963 – Both the bedroom scene with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom and the library scene with the entire group – two of the scariest scenes ever put on film!!!!!

Gilligan’s Island (TV) 1964 thru 1967 – The opening credits! They still bring a smile to my face! (And yes, credits can count!)

Ok, enough for now. Part 2 (and probably more) coming soon!

28 Days Later: Where the father tells his daughter "you know I love you very much" ....................

TV.
Buffy
The opening credits: everytime i watch them i get a buzz, draws me in
lie to me: revealing his illness...
Innocence: god the whole frikin episode! this was the ep i fell in love with the show.
Passion: "I cant do this alone!"
Becoming pt1: Running down the hallway
Becoming pt2 "Close your eyes..."
The Wish: What makes you think the other world is any better than this!...Because it has to be!..."(that whole scene)
Amends: "its not the demon inside me that needs killing its the man..."
The Prom: the breakup
Graduation day pt 2: the end and "we did it we survived...it was a hell of a fight...not the fight, high school..."
Wild at heart: Oz' departing
I WILL REMEMBER YOU(from angel) the end... WOW."ill never forget ill never forget"
Restless: man there SOO much amazing stuff in the ep i cant choose.
the body: only 1 other movie(grave of the fireflies) has made me cry like that episode did. Anya's speech is heartbreaking
tough love: I owe you PAIN
the gift: buffy's sacrifice
Grave:Xander saves the world.
Conversations with dead people: conversations with dead people
Chosen: back to the basics. (Everyone else has left to assume their positions for the final battle against the First, and as the camera pans over we realize we're left with the ones we started with

man theres alot more but i dont wanna take up a page lol.
and theres another that comes to mind. cant remember the ep but its when ruth confronts her sister.
six feet under: Ruth "because You had more fun than i did!"

i could go onto movies but theres too many

Back