Collectible Star Wars Costumes Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is exciting news, there are certain costumes I'd love to have but don't have the patience, skill or funs to kitbash them on my own.

From the Windlass Studios website.

New Agreements Begin This Month for Collectible Replica Clothing and Armor

Fans and collectors will find new lines of collectibles from Museum Replicas and their new licensing division Windlass Studios in 2008; it was announced today by Museum Replicas. Lucas Licensing’s STAR WARS replica clothing and armor licensee will assume the design and production of the high-end, collectible ensembles and full sets of the iconic armor including stormtrooper and bounty hunter armor.

Museum Replica’s line will debut in the spring and continues the remarkable popularity of high-end collectibles for discerning STAR WARS enthusiasts. The line will feature replica clothing and armor of such unforgettable characters as Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

Newly formed Windlass Studios will develop, manufacture and distribute collectible, limited-edition replicas of full-sized and wearable ensembles. They expect the first ensembles to be available for pre-order in the spring while the armor is set to be unveiled for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.

The STAR WARS clothing and armor collection can be seen in person at the Museum Replicas/Windlass Studios exhibitor booths at the International Costume Show Las Vegas, San Diego Comic-Con International & Atlanta Dragon*Con 2008

I'd love Obi-Wan, Maul and Jedi Luke costume pieces.

If I'm not mistaken this is the same line that Master Replicas wanted to begin but never got off of the ground. I believe Windlass was supposed to do them then too and the Anakin and Obi piece they've shown were theirs. What stopped them other than figuring out production cost and pricing was whether or not to make them true replicas in the sizes of actors or make them customizable for "cosplay". I actually saw them in the MR P&D "room" and they were amazingly done and very high end looking.

This is all based on memory of many conversations but it doesn't surprise me that Windlass is going ahead through Museum Replicas....just surprised that eFX wouldn't try to do this first....especially since they have the helmet license and either Windlass will not be offering Helmets or that particular portion is doublebooked which is more like Marvel and less like Lucasfilms.....

interesting....

This is great, if I had a huge display room I would set up mannequins in full star wars gear.

I think you're right Mike, I seem to remember seeing pics of these from SDCC or some other show. Looked really nice, but also $$$

This is incredible news! Though the price of these items will most likely be rather high, especially when dealing with full suits of armor. Will they make the helmets to go with the armor, I wonder...?

Funny thing is, Museum Replicas actually used to make generic Jedi costumes (in tan or black) right around the time that ROTS came out. I used one as a starting point for the Jedi costume I pieced together that year. I still love it, and the quality of the material has held up just fine over time. I got lucky that year, though, as the company quickly removed all stock from their site/catalog once Lucasfilm received word of their existence shortly before CIII. The business world can be strange sometimes, as here we are a few years later and Museum Replicas will now be selling Jedi costumes again...this time with Unkie George's permission.

This is awesome news... especially since their showroom is just south of town and they give you a 10-15% discount if you purchase stuff there.

:rock :rock :rock

Well I hope these are done to be wearable, not just display pieces. I'm sure it must be intended for wear, it's hard to come up with a cool display without a manequin to put them on if it's an actor matching costume, unless manequin's come with them. I'm game for any Obi-Wan or Maul costume if I can wear it, Jedi Luke 2, those are the only 3 I'm really interested. Depending on price, I might go for a ROTS Anakin.

i bet the costume quality in fan films goes up 120% because of this. Now if only fan film directors would cast some actors that are in actual physical shape to be Jedi! :lol :monkey3

I wonder if they'll include head tails to go with Twi'lek outfits. With some white body paint and headtails my wife could be Lyn Me :monkey5 I kind of doubt they'll go that deep into the character pool though. :monkey2

What'll be the basic range of prices do you think?

YOu will be able to buy costumes piece by piece or as a set. So, the price range will vary greatly.

In terms of whole sets, the range will be around $350 and up....up....up.

But, with the ability to purchae pieces separately, you can in effect, create your own payment plan.

YOu will be able to buy costumes piece by piece or as a set. So, the price range will vary greatly.

In terms of whole sets, the range will be around $350 and up....up....up.

But, with the ability to purchae pieces separately, you can in effect, create your own payment plan.

Thanks for the info, now, I assume that means it's more expensive to buy pieces though right? Typically cost is lower on sets to give incentive to buy the whole thing rather than elements?

Thanks for the info, now, I assume that means it's more expensive to buy pieces though right? Typically cost is lower on sets to give incentive to buy the whole thing rather than elements?

No, not actually. Only in terms of some of the costumes. More info on the specfics, soon.

Sideshow's going to be a distributor for these :rock

Museum Replicas Ltd. announced February 22 an agreement with Lucasfilm to create licensed Star Wars products. The new line will include full-sized, wearable clothing and armor replicas from a wide range of iconic Star Wars characters, scheduled for debut at the 2008 Comic-Con International this July.
Sideshow plans to support Museum Replicas with distribution, and will be offering the Star Wars costume and replica line for pre-order once details have been released. “We’ve been long-time fans of Museum Replicas product,” says Sideshow President and CEO Greg Anzalone. “This new category will allow for expanded opportunities in Star Wars collecting, and Sideshow will be proud to offer these costume replicas to passionate, discerning fans.”
Some collaboration in life-size character representations may even be on the horizon with the creative influence of the Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team. Sideshow Creative Director Tom Gilliland was pleased to hear of this new opportunity, stating, “It was nice to read the good news of the Museum Replicas license, and I look forward to working with them to bring not only their core product of outstanding full-scale costume replicas to collectors, but also the items that result from the combination of our talents in the potential life-size character arena. A good team-effort is invaluable, and our combined creative efforts should produce some great pieces.” Looks like some long-awaited high-end Star Wars costumes are on the way, so keep an eye out for these highly-anticipated releases! If you’re not already signed up for the newsletter, be sure to sign-up today to get the latest Star Wars news delivered straight to your inbox!

Back