Robocop Flight Pack Version Defect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnoldgd02

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I noticed on my RC flight pack that his helmet has very fine flecks on the helmet, kinda look like dust. It is very visible if you take pictures of it. Ive been asking around on the internet and ive been getting mixed response. Some said it was normal and some said its not. Check out the picture i posted. Im wondering if anyone that owns the flight pack version has the same issue as me. Just want a clear answer on this one. Thanks

Hi Arnold, the weird flecks on your Robocop's helmet is not normal. Unfortunately, some HT Robocop 3 figures suffer a paint defect called paint "pitting", which seems to happen only on the top of the helmet for some reasons. There's a few Hot Toys Robocop threads on SSF, so I suggest taking a look at some of the Robocop w/flightpack photos that have been posted. There you'll be able to see the difference.

I've seen some pics of a couple defective Robocop V.3's, but I can't find the pics, sorry. Maybe someone else on this board can help you there.

In any case, try to contact Hot Toy's or whoever sold this to you so you can get a replacement.

Hi Arnold, the weird flecks on your Robocop's helmet is not normal. Unfortunately, some HT Robocop 3 figures suffer a paint defect called paint "pitting", which seems to happen only on the top of the helmet for some reasons. There's a few Hot Toys Robocop threads on SSF, so I suggest taking a look at some of the Robocop w/flightpack photos that have been posted. There you'll be able to see the difference.

I've seen some pics of a couple defective Robocop V.3's, but I can't find the pics, sorry. Maybe someone else on this board can help you there.

In any case, try to contact Hot Toy's or whoever sold this to you so you can get a replacement.

Doesn't happen to often does it? I just ordered one.

i had a defect on my robocop figure (not paint related) and i got in touch with hot toys. it was a bit of a pain, but overall they had me ship the old one back and they sent a new figure to me. took about 1.5 months total.

OMG that looks terrible I would seek after a refund!

Yeah I know, its not really noticeable but if a bright light or flash hits it then it looks really bad. The place where i got it from is now sold out of it. I always thought this was normal. I dont understand why Hot Toys make really expensive toys and sell them with defects.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I always thought this was normal but it looks ugly when a bright light hits it. I emailed Hot Toys but not respond from them. I hope a find a replacement head floating around ebay or something.

Doesn't happen to often does it? I just ordered one.

I wouldn't be too worried, but I don't know how often it happens. I just know that it's mainly limited to only the version 3 Robocop figures (w/flightpack).

Arnoldgd02 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I always thought this was normal but it looks ugly when a bright light hits it. I emailed Hot Toys but not respond from them. I hope a find a replacement head floating around ebay or something.

I think Hot Toys will give you a reply soon, or eventually, in the worst case scenario. But is there any way for you to get a refund from the seller you bought your figure from?

I've contacted Hot Toys in the past. They usually run about 4-5 days until they reply back. Not exactly in the same time zone.

Hey I broke my cherry, this is my first post here!:chew

I've contacted Hot Toys in the past. They usually run about 4-5 days until they reply back. Not exactly in the same time zone.

make sure you clean the sheets.

WELCOME!

Welcome! And you're right, it takes a while for Hot Toys to reply.

I wouldn't be too worried, but I don't know how often it happens. I just know that it's mainly limited to only the version 3 Robocop figures (w/flightpack).

I think Hot Toys will give you a reply soon, or eventually, in the worst case scenario. But is there any way for you to get a refund from the seller you bought your figure from?

They will probably give me a refund but the thing is that i got this figure almost a month ago now. When i first got the figure, i didnt really mind this until i saw pictures of other peoples RC on this site and they look normal. My schedule is really busy and its a hassle for me to resend the figure. Also Im most likely going to spend a lot more money on shipping coz the place i got this from is in Canada. Yea im hoping for Hot Toys to reply.

if u could advise others who are considering getting this figure, tell them to get the jetpack loose from ebay or something, then buy the original robocop or the one with the gun arm to go with it...

if u could advise others who are considering getting this figure, tell them to get the jetpack loose from ebay or something, then buy the original robocop or the one with the gun arm to go with it...

Why, i ordered it for the removable helmet.

Wow, that sucks about the paint! It made me check mine again...

Back