The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
51Q08ZtAjgL._SS500_.jpg

URGENT!

JUST RELEASED:
THE LOST JOURNAL OF INDIANA JONES™

The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation is pleased to release one of its most prized holdings, the heretofore "lost" journal of Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr., which was obscured within the KGB's collection for years before passing into the Russian Federation's possession. From Jones's notes on his youthful encounters with the likes of Lawrence of Arabia and Teddy Roosevelt, through his adulthood adventures with the Thuggee Cult, the Nazis, and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, this journal covers nearly fifty years in his life, spanning from 1908 to 1957. Dr. Jones's snapshots, sketches, press clippings, and entries recording his personal thoughts are all revealed in this volume, giving new insight into one of the most enigmatic adventurers of the twentieth century.

Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Pocket (May 6, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416563156

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Journal...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203565879&sr=1-4

Sounds cool! :rock

Yeah... Let Lucas wring out the last cent he can from the last Indy film before and while it is in the theaters.

Yeah... Let Lucas wring out the last cent he can from the last Indy film before and while it is in the theaters.

That would be a cynical way to look at things, I suppose. Instead, I'm gonna enjoy every moment of it considering INDY stuff has been few and far between for years.

I kinda like it. It's stuff like this that can help enhance a display...make a great backdrop for a figure, or...dare I say it...be a lot of fun.

I'll check it out...but I'm more pleased to see that JW Rinzler is doing the honors for the "Making of..." book. His tome's on ANH and ROTS made great reading...

C'mon, Indy!

Yeah... Don't get me wrong. I love Indy too and bought Sideshow's Exclusive figure.

However, the merchandising we are seeing, is somewhat of a money grab.

It's funny, Lucas started out as a rebel filmmaker and has turned into something he hated as a young man a mainstream populist filmmaker. In a way his story kind of mirrors the Vader turn to the dark side.

Yeah... Don't get me wrong. I love Indy too and bought Sideshow's Exclusive figure.

However, the merchandising we are seeing, is somewhat of a money grab.

As long as the stuff is good and fun, so what? The more the merrier. We haven't had a lot of INDY stuff for decades and this will likely be the last hurrah. This "exploitation" of the brand is not only expected, it's actually appreciated by some of us.

What's really so wrong with a little commerce? Bring it on! :rock

I'll have to agree with you Irish, looks fun. I'm probably not going to bother with it... but whats the harm.

That would be a cynical way to look at things, I suppose. Instead, I'm gonna enjoy every moment of it considering INDY stuff has been few and far between for years.

No joke, that always baffled me. Indy would have been a cash cow. To think, all this time and there was what, 2 years worth of real instore figures??? Crazy.

I don't think the Hasbro stuff sold very well initially. The lack of product over the years plus increasing demand over the years... Leads us to a glut of products, here in 2008.

The Journal looks cool, but I'm more interested in the "Making of..." book. I've always wished there were more "Making of" and art books for the Indy movies.

Totally cool. I'd like to get one of these. One thing I've wanted to do beyond the collectibles is to build a nice book collection. This could be a start.

You are sick in the head Lonnie... or their is a 13 year old Japanese girl living in there. Either way, you might seek out a counselor :lol

Wasn't that journal released some time ago and now it's become sort of a holy grail? Is it a re-issue? Is it made by other company? I can't remember who did the first journal.

That journal sounds rather cool, will also look good with a indy figure displayed on top of it it. I will buy it.

Back