Will Toys McCoy Indy survive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I see someone mentioned they sold their McCoy Indy for a tidy sum a while back. I'm wondering if, in the long run, the Toys McCoy will still be sought after as a kind of 12" classic...or is it's value doomed for the far superior SS Indy?

I have a McCoy myself that I've never opened, and I got it as a gift so it's not a matter of money for me. I'm just curious how this will effect those insane prices for the McCoy version?

I don't know what it's original price was but I remember asking in 2000 or 2001 about it and it was at $300. Of course it went up from there on ebay over the years fetching anywhere from $600 to $900.

only the die hard indy fans will still want mccoy , no way I would have paid that and now that sideshow have one , which I prefer anyway , theres no chance :lol

Toys McCoy's days are seriously numbered at least as the secondary market powerhouse it once was. SSC's Indy gave collectors a more affordable option and customizers a way to go that is superior to the old.

McCoy does suck in many ways relative to today's standards, but prices for "vintage" toys do sometimes remain fairly high. I guess we'd have to wait another 12 or so years for it to be considered true vintage.

I don't think it can benefit from a "vintage" bump just yet and it might not really ever since it started out as a high-end collectible. I'm not sure how that works.

But I do think that it will take a dip in price, what was so attractive before was that it was the only mass produced/quality Indy out there. I think when the Relic Hunter (even though inferior) came out it hurt the McCoy's value. But now, with Sideshow producing a current standards high-end figure the McCoys will not hold that top spot its had for sooooo many years. And to a lesser extent there are probably some collectors who will be content with a Hasbro Indy instead.

However, the McCoy does have a mystique and I think because of that there will always be a strong value, but I do think the days of $500+ will soon be over.

Bravo GB. :lecture:clap

What goes up must come down. And then sometimes it goes up again. It will hold a place in history, but with Sideshows version coming out that will be the only place it will hold. Collectors, not all but on the whole, will give up this grail, now that it has been superceded.

I remember when it came out I didn't get it because it was $250 retail price. Just as the old Samaritan won't hold it's price, the McCoy Indy will plummet and become just a curiosity. However the horse might become even more popular.

I'm hoping DiD will pay attention and release an Arabian Horse... doesn't have to say Indy, but if it looks good it'll be a winner.

Flip him, flip him now like the HD DVD owers are trying to flip their stuff. (glad I dumped mine a couple months ago!!!!)

I don't think interest in Indy will ever be higher than it will be this summer. So long term I don't think Toys McCoy Indy will hold those numbers.

Flip him, flip him now like the HD DVD owers are trying to flip their stuff. (glad I dumped mine a couple months ago!!!!)

:lol

I would, but I think it's too late. Anyway, like I said, my McCoy was a gift so it didn't cost me a cent. It also has sentimental value now because of that.

I'll keep it as a curiosity of things past.

Just checked ebay, the last two sold for $575 and $535. It's coming down.

I remember when it came out I didn't get it because it was $250 retail price. Just as the old Samaritan won't hold it's price, the McCoy Indy will plummet and become just a curiosity. However the horse might become even more popular.

The difference between the Samaritans is that they are practically the same thing made by the same company and look exactly the same except for the bullets, stand, & materials.

The McCoy Indy like the Kenner Indy is a different version of that same character by a different company and will still be sought after by collectors, thought the price will go down as he is no longer the only or best 12" Indy available. The old SW Kenner figures still have value even though there are superior Star Wars figures available of the same characters. Die hard Indy fans will still want the McCoy Indy in their collections.

I just seen a new video on the Toys McCoy Indy.
I have checked the price and it's still going for around $500 to $900. Looks like Sideshow's Indy did not affect the price
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tKovCrqd4iQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tKovCrqd4iQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The YouTube reviewer says he paid $280 for him... Last MIB on eBay to sell sold for about $400. So he's coming down. I'm surprised at the asking price on some of the figures considering the economy right now.

It's inevitable that the price will come down in the short run. It has to. Just the fact that there's more units of a 1/6th Indy available will drive the price down.

Curious to see what the McCoy's Indy is getting like a year from now, or better yet, 5 years from now.

Regardless of the SS piece being superior, the Toys McCoy will always have a place on the mantle for Indiana Jones fans and 1/6 Action Figure fans. I, for one, can't wait for the prices to come down so I can snag one!

Was the Relic Hunter figure really a knock off the Toys McCoy? Wasn't the jacket and clothing and aceesories the same?

It will always be a well made, well packaged, rare figure of a popular character. It think it will always fetch a decent price, especially the MIB ones.

I just seen a new video on the Toys McCoy Indy.
I have checked the price and it's still going for around $500 to $900. Looks like Sideshow's Indy did not affect the price
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tKovCrqd4iQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tKovCrqd4iQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Review by this guy? :lol

nfl_a_mintz-plasse_200.jpg

"This is... the greatest toy... ever made!"

As to the McCoy, I wouldn't blame anything but the economy for the price drop. Right now people are scoring amazing deals on stuff that should be three times as much. When we're out of this hole, I wouldn't doubt that the price will shoot right back up to what he was fetching before. Even Patient Zero can be fetched for a couple of c-notes if you look hard enough and he was fetching over $600 before the ^^^^storm hit.

Last edited:
Back