What exclusives do you think we'll see for Joe figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't think of many other than broken pieces of B.A.T.'s for the Joes. :lol

Its been a long time since I read the comics. Any ideas? Come on Bardoon, I'm sure you've got some suggestions. :)

That's a good one.... maybe dress blues for Gung Ho? maybe precut filecards? peices of the weather dominator? I dislike the cartoon universe for the most part but that would be neat .

the file cards are a good guess. if they don't come standard then i think that's at least part of it not all of the exclusive.

Not sure what could come with them but if Timber is the exclusive for Snake Eyes I'll be pissed.

If they modernize any of their weapons then I'd like them to include their original guns as exclusives.

Duke's (or Stalker's) exclusive could be a jet pack.

Cobra Commander's exclusive could be an alternate "mutant snake man" headsculpt. :lol ;)

For Snake-Eyes (which I hope is the original '82 version without the visor) I hope the exclusive would be Kwinn's necklace... That'd be a nice shout-out to all of the Joe fans who were there at the beginning with the comics as the Kwinn storyline (with Dr. Venom) was really the first major story-- culminating in the attack on the Pit.

This is the Snake-Eyes that I want.

GI_Joe_21.jpg

Its been a long time since I read the comics. Any ideas? Come on Bardoon, I'm sure you've got some suggestions. :)

:lol I'll write down some thoughts. First off, I think Sideshow wouldn't do something like "Cobra Commander Faceplate Head" as an exclusive...they seem to have lately geared away from that so that any exclusives would be just an item that most people could live without. Which I applaud since it makes the figures more accessible to everyone without putting too much bearing on a special item that is limited.

Here's some ideas

Cobra Commander: Black Cape with Red Inside. CC has been seen in the cartoon and comics sometimes wearing a cape. However, I can almost see a cape and a "Cobra cane" being regular accessories for him as well. Another idea is a Globe (like you have in your classroom) with a Cobra coiled around it...this item was seen in some of the comics mainly when CC first started Cobra. There could also be the MASS Device crystal.

Snake-Eyes: If they go with v1 (Commando style) I can see them adding an extra gun or a hook and rope (to pose him like the cover of Issue #21 "The Silent Issue"). If they go with v2 (knight visor ninja style)...a HUGE exclusive would be the inclusion of Timber like was mentioned before...but they could also go with something like some ninja stars or another ninja sword.

Duke: Jetpack is definitely a good idea, maybe alongside the American Flag on a flagpole. His helmet might be an idea as well as some additional guns. It's hard to tie Duke to much else...

Zartan: Multiple disguise faces that can attach on. Maybe even a "Cold Slither" guitar or something? Depending on the version design, you could also maybe give him a trenchcoat.

Dreadnoks: Grape soda...definitely. Or some cool Dreadnok logo "pleather" biker jackets.

Lady Jaye: If they give her spears, make the exclusive be the speargun. If they give her the speargun, make the exclusive be some extra spears.

Shipwreck: Polly as an exclusive for sure. Could also give him a life-jacket... or to go on a limb here, a different shirt and hat instead of the traditional white/light blue sailor stuff...give him the modern black wool shirt and beanie that he wears in the comics nowadays.

Baroness: Give her a long black coat or something like that, she's looked pretty slick in the comics with one on over her uniform... or perhaps just Destro's mask.

Destro: His mask by itself, or perhaps an ornate sword (based on the '88 version's sword). Maybe even a MARS briefcase with a removeable gun from the handle (like the Sigma Six figure).

It's tough thinking of some because most of the accessories I think of are the ones that came straight with them and should be made with them NO MATTER WHAT (like Snake Eyes' sword, Scarlett's crossbow, Flint's shotgun, etc.).

Perhaps Sideshow could also do a "Pet pack" (much like SW's creature pack) and include Timber, Polly, Freedom, and Order to name a few if their respected human "partner" has been released.

:lol I'll write down some thoughts. First off, I think Sideshow wouldn't do something like "Cobra Commander Faceplate Head" as an exclusive...they seem to have lately geared away from that so that any exclusives would be just an item that most people could live without. Which I applaud since it makes the figures more accessible to everyone without putting too much bearing on a special item that is limited.

Here's some ideas

Cobra Commander: Black Cape with Red Inside. CC has been seen in the cartoon and comics sometimes wearing a cape. However, I can almost see a cape and a "Cobra cane" being regular accessories for him as well. Another idea is a Globe (like you have in your classroom) with a Cobra coiled around it...this item was seen in some of the comics mainly when CC first started Cobra. There could also be the MASS Device crystal.

Snake-Eyes: If they go with v1 (Commando style) I can see them adding an extra gun or a hook and rope (to pose him like the cover of Issue #21 "The Silent Issue"). If they go with v2 (knight visor ninja style)...a HUGE exclusive would be the inclusion of Timber like was mentioned before...but they could also go with something like some ninja stars or another ninja sword.

Duke: Jetpack is definitely a good idea, maybe alongside the American Flag on a flagpole. His helmet might be an idea as well as some additional guns. It's hard to tie Duke to much else...

Zartan: Multiple disguise faces that can attach on. Maybe even a "Cold Slither" guitar or something? Depending on the version design, you could also maybe give him a trenchcoat.

Dreadnoks: Grape soda...definitely. Or some cool Dreadnok logo "pleather" biker jackets.

Lady Jaye: If they give her spears, make the exclusive be the speargun. If they give her the speargun, make the exclusive be some extra spears.

Shipwreck: Polly as an exclusive for sure. Could also give him a life-jacket... or to go on a limb here, a different shirt and hat instead of the traditional white/light blue sailor stuff...give him the modern black wool shirt and beanie that he wears in the comics nowadays.

Baroness: Give her a long black coat or something like that, she's looked pretty slick in the comics with one on over her uniform... or perhaps just Destro's mask.

Destro: His mask by itself, or perhaps an ornate sword (based on the '88 version's sword). Maybe even a MARS briefcase with a removeable gun from the handle (like the Sigma Six figure).

It's tough thinking of some because most of the accessories I think of are the ones that came straight with them and should be made with them NO MATTER WHAT (like Snake Eyes' sword, Scarlett's crossbow, Flint's shotgun, etc.).

Perhaps Sideshow could also do a "Pet pack" (much like SW's creature pack) and include Timber, Polly, Freedom, and Order to name a few if their respected human "partner" has been released.

I like your Cobra Commander idea. I could definately see the cape and/or cane being the exclusive. Not necessary beacause most of the time he didn't wear it in the cartoon, but did on occasion.

As for Zartan, his color changing ability might end up as the exclusive. If they can't get him flesh colored normally, they might end up making the exclusive Blue and turns into flesh color with heat (like how Krycek's eyes were permanently black when not being heated).

Great ideas Bardoon, particular CC's cape. Hadn't thought of that one. I do hope that all characters with animals come with them standard, but we'll see how SS plans to go about it.

I just had a bit of an epiphany. Maybe they could do it like the AH! Marvel Comiquettes and release an exclusive lithograph with each character's original 1980's card art to frame separately or with the figure. That would ROCK.

As for Zartan, his color changing ability might end up as the exclusive. If they can't get him flesh colored normally, they might end up making the exclusive Blue and turns into flesh color with heat (like how Krycek's eyes were permanently black when not being heated).

That's not a bad idea there! But I got to be honest and say I wouldn't want it...cause sometimes Zartan would be green (or blue) when you don't want him to be.

I don't see why 84 Zartans color change body could not be duplicated today.

Wasn't it the plastic that changed colors? I'm not sure many people would want a Zartan without flesh paints. I would think that it would be possible though. However with Sideshow making Krycek's eyes Black all the time except when heated makes me think they could mess up and make Zartan only blue he is isn't being heated (opposite of the original figure). That would cause many to buy two (well maybe before the $80 price mark was introduced).

Have you never seen a 84 Zartan figure? There is no painted skin. The plastic is flesh color, when in sunlight a while it turned a dark blue/green. Back in the 80's they used the same type stuff in lots of products, mostly sunglasses.

cobra commander should come with someting that's a nod to his crazy schemes. Like a cup so he can annex alaska, or a broken robotic dinosaur head.

Have you never seen a 84 Zartan figure? There is no painted skin. The plastic is flesh color, when in sunlight a while it turned a dark blue/green. Back in the 80's they used the same type stuff in lots of products, mostly sunglasses.

The Zartan, Zandar and Zarana figures were all flesh tone until but in the sun. Zandar and Zarana had plastic that was identical to regular Joes while Zartan had a softer but not that noticeable different fee to it. Either way, Zartan and his siblings should all have color changing skin, that is just the way it should be.

How about re-prints of old comics for an exclusive. You can live without them but they would be a nice bonus if you get the exclusive. If not an extra weapon would be cool. Back in the 80's G.I.Joe had accesory packs that came with weapons belonging to existing Joes but in different colors. Could you see Snake Eyes coming with Storm Shadow's katana but in a slightly different color?

Did you read my post?

I said I'm not sure people would like a 12" Zartan without flesh paints (ie his skin would just be cast in flesh plastic like the rest of the bodies usually are). At this scale, they'll need color changing paint.

Did you read my post?

:monkey3

Snake-Eyes ('82 version) with Kwinn's necklace (the inuit character that was introduced in issue #2 of the comic series and who played an integral role in the first major plot involving Snake-Eyes and Cobra's Dr. Venom).

Having the exclusive be a reprint of a comic is meaningless to those die-hard Joe fans who would primarily be the target for these high end 1/6 versions as the majority of these fans probably have already the comics in plastic bags and cardboard hardbacks:D. Additional guns in different colours would be another lackluster attempt at an exclusive:monkey1.

The exclusive should be something connected to the character... For Zartan while he should have multiple disguises, his gun, and of course the bow & arrows that he used so effectively perhaps an additional costume/mask taken from one of his multiple comic escapades could be his exclusive.

Cobra Commander's exclusive could be a backpack (now I've got that bloody Dora song in my head-- daddies of young ones reading this will be able to empathize) that would hold his gun similar to the '82 Cobra Commander release. This figure NEEDS to have both his cloth hood and his helmet. Another possible exclusive could be an additional helmet with a removeable top plate to reveal the explosive device that keeps anyone from removing it without the proper code (as Duke and Roadblock discovered when they had the Commander in custody).

The Baroness' exclusive could be an additional head sculpt wrapped completely in bandages revealing only her raven hair and her glasses as she had it after her surgery (in Switzerland with the aid of Major Bludd) to fix the damage done during the ill-fated attack that caused her HISS tank to explode.

Just ideas-- but I'd rather the exclusives meant something to the 30+ yr olds who grew up reading the comics. If they're repackaged comics (like the Marvel Legends releases of the past from TOYBIZ) or different coloured guns, well-- that's OK... saves me money having to buy them directly from SS.

OK... Return to your regularly scheduled program of talking about rainbow bright Zartan.:D

I don't see the color changing thing as particularly integral to a cool Zartan figure. For one thing, I don't know about you, but I have no intention of placing any of my high-end, too expensive (and they will be) G.I. oe collectibles in direct sunlight or heat. Just isn't good for them. And I'd prefer good paint applications to blue skin any day.

Now, if anyone would like me to repaint their Zartan (I know Shai will have more than one) with realistic blue skin, I'll be glad to!

Back