Monopoly... the movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Whats more boring than playing Monopoly, how about a film based on it. Yes, just when you thought movie ideas couldn't get any worse, let Hasbro enter the picture yet again.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hasbro Inc on Wednesday said it signed a six-year deal with Universal Pictures for the film company to make at least four movies based on well-known games like Monopoly, Battleship, Candy Land and Ouija.

:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

On a side note I am no longer allowed to play Monopoly with my wife. Apparently I am a really sore loser:lol

Last time we played we didnt talk for 2 days:rotfl

On a side note I am no longer allowed to play Monopoly with my wife. Apparently I am a really sore loser:lol

when my little cousin was 7, she played monopoly with the family. she won 12 games in a row over a couple of days before no one wanted to play her anymore. she had a basic knowledge of the game but her secret was, she could roll those dice. now if i could only get her to go to vegas...:D

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

King, seriously, Monopoly brings nothing but the ugliness out of people. My wife and I no longer play it. It's the spawn of Satan. Demetri Martin said it best when he said that Monopoly should really be called "Which of my friends is a competive A**hole"! :rotfl

This is stupider than The Sims movie that's currently in pre-production...

A movie that's about a game about real life...

Sounds boring...

I'm hoping for a RISK movie...tons of warfare and that's pretty much it. It's REALLY fun to play on the computer with animated battles and such.

That would be awesome .. They could get Samuel L Jackson to be in it ..

Draw four wildcard, mother ******er! Now the mother ******in color is mother *******n green!
oh man!!! i dont know what is more hillarious, this thread or the fact that they are actually making movies out of board games. didnt they learn their lesson from jumanji?:lol

This film should be......weird.

I just hope it isn't all "extreme" like the game comes to life and under the watchful eye of Moneybags, Hotels erecting everywhere, Railroads popping up and when you pay rent it isn't with technicolored money oh no, you pay with flesh. When you owe $200 on St James Place it comes from your flesh.....directed by Eli Roth.

:lol Seriously I've never once lost a Monopoly game. I think I first played with I was seven and in the nineteen years since then I've never lost. I'm a horrible winner though so people won't play with me, I've been known to take victory laps around the living room, cheer as the money is being counted to me....a real *******......apparently.

I can imagine all the movie reps sat in there office.

" OK guys , we need something new , fresh and exciting " says John.

" Kids these days love violence , sex , drugs , rock , and alcohol. We need something to fit all the criterias ". Announces Fred.

" How about making a Turok movie ? ." Said Bob who was usually shy amongst the rest of the group.

" What a stupid idea! , why do you even work here Bob , get me a coffee , jesus they let anyone in here nowadays! . " Shouted John angrily.

" Oh my god , sir I've got it !!!!. " whispered Fred.

" Well spit it out then ! " shouted John as he turned his head from the door where Bob is leaving with his usual depressed look. You could tell Bob hated his job. He once even wrote a " to kill " list but never got round to it.

" What have all kids once played in there life and enjoyed ?. Its gold!. " cried Fred as he jumped out of his chair and walked around the huge mahogany table.

" Tell me man , or I will have your testicles cooked ! ". Shouted John as he leaped from his more expensive and comfortable chair towards the restin the office.

" Sir hold your heart , were gonna make a movie of....
MONOPOLY !!!!!!. ".

" Oh my god , its perfect !. " Screamed John . " Get me 20th century fox on the phone now !!!. " He shouted at the top of his lungs.

Fred sprinted to the door only to bang into Bob and spill coffee all over his new suit.

" Wait Fred ". Shouted John. " Forget fox they always seem to ruin there movies years later by making a vs movie , they will most likely want something like Monopoly vs Operation , forget it. Get me universal. We will have a Monopoly Ride and 3d experience by June !. "

Bob went home and hung himself still with burn marks from the coffee.
Nobody ever noticed.

Sorry guys , I got a bit carried away there :lol:lol

What!??!! I love Monopoly!!! :D Seriously... I do.

I know, I was just playing... :D

But seriously, how the hell do you make a movie about Monopoly, or Chutes and Ladders.

Battleship I can kinda see, but why not just rerelease Hunt for Red Octoboer and call it a day? This is seriously one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

Back