Differences between Indy in the films????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango56031

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm really liking this Indy figure but before I buy I was hoping some of the Indy fans here could help me figure out if I should wait for a different version of him. My favorite movie of the 3 is The Last Crusade. Is there differences between Indy from Raiders to Crusade and if so what are they? Thanks, Jango

There are several (and I'm sure folks will point them out soon enough), but right off the top of my head...

The hat is slightly different
Indy wear's a tie in "Last Crusade"
The web belt is a different color

And obviously the head sculpt would need to be different as Ford looked a good bit older in that movie than in "Raiders".

Thanks for the link. I don't think there is enough difference between them to not order this one. The only thing I'd hesitate about is the accessories for the next ones. I'm sure the glowing stones from TOD and the grail from TLC will be accesories with those versions. Hope they do an ark accessory pack.

Thanks for the link. I don't think there is enough difference between them to not order this one. The only thing I'd hesitate about is the accessories for the next ones. I'm sure the glowing stones from TOD and the grail from TLC will be accesories with those versions. Hope they do an ark accessory pack.

I think an accessory pack would be a hit and very nicely received. They could sell tons of them.

I've seen some accessory packs on Ebay that were great, the Diary, rolled up maps, time magazine, wallets,passports, you name it, they looked great. I'm sure Sideshow can swing these with no problems!

There are several (and I'm sure folks will point them out soon enough), but right off the top of my head...

The hat is slightly different
Indy wear's a tie in "Last Crusade"
The web belt is a different color

And obviously the head sculpt would need to be different as Ford looked a good bit older in that movie than in "Raiders".

His pants change color slightly too. The strap to his bag is darker in LC. Lots of very minor changes but changes all the same.

The most radically different look Indy ever had in his regular clothes was in Temple Of Doom - torn shirt, more muscles, sword, Shankara stones,

Besides the Tie in TLC and the obvious facial differences as The Mike points out, I figure this would be a lot like the differences in Vader's costumes. Tons of little differences that I'll never notice or care about.

well to be specific.
His toenails and fingernails may have been longer or shorter.
He may of had more or less of a beard.
His balls may have shrunk or grew.
He may have less teeth.
Longer hair.
Hairier legs , arms and chest.
Worse or better breath.
He may even of been a little shorter or taller.
:D :rock

RAIDERS Indy:
032.jpg

TEMPLE OF DOOM Indy:
369.jpg

LAST CRUSADE Indy (basically, an older version of ROTLA Indy with a tie and other costume differences):
293.jpg

I want them all. :rock :rock :rock

I didn't remember Indy wearing a tie.

I need to re-watch TLC, don't think I've seen it's since it's theatrical run.

Yeah, he wears a tie with his "Adventure Gear" throughout most of the film. I don't think he wears it during the end sequence, though... and I'm not sure about the opening on the boat, either. But it's definitely a big part of his look in TLC.

The jacket is also a lighter brown color in TLC as well.

I have one of the Indy hats that I bought from DisneyWorld...just noticed after reading all the stuff on the fedora on INDYGEAR that it turns out I have the "Last Crusade" version...

I'm happy with it. :chew

I was wondering why he wore a tie in TLC. I have a feeling it's due to his father's insitence of being traditional and proper. Almost like it was figuratively beat into him. Almost like he was constantly looking for his Dad's approval and thus put on a tie for his Dad when he went to rescue him.

from those pics the jacket in TLC looks way more worn than the one in Raiders. Hell, the Raiders one looks brand spankin new in the shat ( and a whole lot like SSC's coat)

Raiders:
-the hat has a wider cut brim and a taller non tapered crown with a tight pinch in the front
-the jacket is short coming just below the waist
-shirt is more of a greyish white
-pants are a grey brown khaki and seem to be cut looser in the legs than in the other films

Temple:
-the hat has a shorter brim, with a shorter very tapered crown
-jacket is much longer hanging down to the hip and a wider collar
-shirt is more of an ivory color
-pants are more of a officers pinks color

Last Crusade:
-Hat has a wider brim than Temple and a taller crown that isn't tapered as much as Temple, but not near the Raiders, also the pinch in the front isn't as tight
-Jacket is midway between Temple and Raiders in length and has the Raiders size collar
-shirt is more of an off white
-pants are also a mix between Raiders and Temple

different web belts, color of the mark VII bag strap
there's more but it'd take a while

Raiders:
-the hat has a wider cut brim and a taller non tapered crown with a tight pinch in the front
-the jacket is short coming just below the waist
-shirt is more of a greyish white
-pants are a grey brown khaki and seem to be cut looser in the legs than in the other films

Temple:
-the hat has a shorter brim, with a shorter very tapered crown
-jacket is much longer hanging down to the hip and a wider collar
-shirt is more of an ivory color
-pants are more of a officers pinks color

Last Crusade:
-Hat has a wider brim than Temple and a taller crown that isn't tapered as much as Temple, but not near the Raiders, also the pinch in the front isn't as tight
-Jacket is midway between Temple and Raiders in length and has the Raiders size collar
-shirt is more of an off white
-pants are also a mix between Raiders and Temple

different web belts, color of the mark VII bag strap
there's more but it'd take a while

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Back