WANTED, any good Predator picture ref.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Post it here, not figures, actual movie stills or Stan Winston location and prop shots, especially the original Pred, Pred 2 or Lost Hunters.
I (and I'm sure many of you) want to get as much good reference as possible together in one place.
Whadayathink?
Here's a kick off
24-459Predator-Posters.jpg

399px-6098_16_7.jpg

399px-6098_16_19.jpg

pred1.jpg

predator-1.jpg

predator-2.jpg

predator-3.jpg

predgroupsmall.jpg

And if you don't have this book, get it.
winstonbook.jpg

great idea! unfortunately I don't have any pics, but will be watching this thread closely.

btw, i read your reviews of the predalien and predator, and saw your youtube videos of them. great stuff bro!!!!

Wow thanks for these pics! I've never seen them before. Unfortunately I have nothing to provide....:monkey2
From the P2 pics it looks like Hot Toys made some errors on the back part of the armor. Thanks for sharing !

I've been looking at prop photos from pred 2 for years , these are just a few , they were taken in person by a guy whos name on forums seems to be gk asylum. His real name is Larry. I have seen some brilliant pics over the years and let me say this. Hot toys definitely cocked up in more than one place when looking at the figure. :rotfl

I've been looking at prop photos from pred 2 for years , these are just a few , they were taken in person by a guy whos name on forums seems to be gk asylum. His real name is Larry. I have seen some brilliant pics over the years and let me say this. Hot toys definitely cocked up in more than one place when looking at the figure. :rotfl

love the pics bro!! especially the King Willy pic. :rock :rock :rock

Let's not let Hot Toys know about this....they may decide to do a "prop accurate" version and take more of our money....:lol

C'mon some one must have something as good as uscmhicks.
I need more, I wanna know the original Pred inside out before we get the figure!
:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

I have a few more saved away you might like.
predator_se_disc2-1.jpg

predator_se_disc2-2.jpg

predator_se_disc2-3.jpg

This was the original predator design which they built a suit of and my man Jean Claude Van Damme wore to play the creature. After seeing the way it moved and the final shots turned out terrible , they sent it all back. It was after arnold had worked with Stan Winston on terminator 2 he recommended him for this movie. From there it all turned out amazing!.
predator_se_disc2-4.jpg

predator_se_disc2-5.jpg

predator_se_disc2-8.jpg

This is the red suit they used on the first predator suit which Van Damme was in for the invisibility/stealth mode shots. They really did turn out terrible.
When the new suit was built Van Damme was taken out of the project due to the height needed and Kevin Peter Hall who is the pilot as well at the end of predator 1 then played the predator in part 1 and 2. Sadly he died of aids due to a blood transfusion that went terribly wrong. R.I.P Kevin , you were the best.
predator_se_disc2-9.jpg

predator_se_disc2-24.jpg

predator_se_disc2-25.jpg

here are some of y favorite shots , Stan Winston is my idol , when he was first called up for the predator he was on a plane and I think he was coming from japan ( may of been somewhere else ) with ridley scoot sat next to him.
He was sketching rough ideas for the predators look.
Ridley suddenly said to him , " You know I've always wanted to see something with mandibles ".
Stan Winston thought of how great this would look with the design he had already thought up but in a funny manner covered his work , started to sketch it out and said " OH , Really ? ". :lol
Here are some of the early finalized of the bio and pred design.
predator_se_disc2-15.jpg

predator_se_disc2-16.jpg

predator_se_disc2-17.jpg

predator_se_disc2-18.jpg

predator_se_disc2-19.jpg

predator_se_disc2-23.jpg

predator_se_disc2-22.jpg

:rolleyes:

ahh yes , just found these too , soe of my favorite p2 behind the scenes pics !.
P2_Head0.jpg

P2_Head1.jpg

P2_Head2.jpg

P2_Head3.jpg

P2_Head4.jpg

if you look behined here on this pic you can see the king willie head still in clay form which is painted up at the top of this thread.
P2_Head5.jpg

P2_Head6.jpg

P2_Head7.jpg

P2_Head8.jpg

Back