SS Star Wars Props...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisSolo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hear rumblings, a distrubence in the force...

Could it be true...? Sideshow are also producing Star Wars props...?

I see... a Biker Scout pistol...

:yoda: today these props revealed they are (apparently) :yoda:

how do you hear something when everyone is sleeping?

The force is strong...

Oh, and I read something about it buried in the Rebelscum prop forums :D

are you reading rumors from before eFX announced that they will do 1:1 replicas?

No, these are 'this week' rumours. How reliable they are is yet to be seen, but if true hopefully SS will reveal all today.

i wont read too much into it....i just dont see how two companies can make the same stuff? I mean 1:1 replicas are 1:1 replicas....how much more different could they be from each other if 2 companies were doing them.

Unless they had a different marketing gimmick like the 1:1 diorama of Obiwan's saber and cloak from the ANH hangar scene that MR was supposed to have done.

i just dont see how two companies can make the same stuff?

DST is making 1/4 scale figures, which is obviously an overlap with SS's offerings. They're not identically the same product, but it's awfully close.

DST is making 1/4 scale figures, which is obviously an overlap with SS's offerings. They're not identically the same product, but it's awfully close.

well i dont see how that is an overlap. 1/4 is different from 1/6 scale. 1:1 replicas are the same scale.

If SS makes a 1:1 ANH luke saber, what would differentiate that from the 1:1 ANH Luke saber already done by MR? On the flipside of that, a 1/4 scale obi wan would be completely different than a 1/6 scale obi wan.

Prop announcment for today was Hellboy 2... but if they are doing that maybe they would also pursue the SW one?!?

No, it seems Sideshow aren't doing the Star Wars props. They would definately have unveiled that as a closer to Toyfair. The announcement would have been huge for them!

D

Actually, it kind of is a little complicated since Hasbro has the FX license :)monkey4 ) and the scaled license may be with yet another licensee.

But as far as standard SW props (1:1, helmets, etc)... yes, that is with eFX.

well i dont see how that is an overlap. 1/4 is different from 1/6 scale. 1:1 replicas are the same scale.

I was referring to the 1/4 scale premium format figures. The difference is the articulation, obviously.

Back