Should I Pick Up the HT Power Loader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I have resisted the siren call of the Power Loader so far. But, one of my relatives has a friend who is willing to sell me his (still sealed in the box) for what he paid for it - 160 bucks. I already have a Ripley and God help me, I don't know where I would put it. But for that price, my Iron Will is starting to fade. Advice?

P.S. Two Questions:

1.) How bad were the breakage issues I read about?
2.) How likely is it that I will be able to buy a Queen to go with it in the new year or 2?

GET IT!
Just get it! For that price, hell, I WILL! :lol
Seriously, get it.
I think a Queen is absolute within the next year, and that price is dynamite!

(Breakage, smeakage! It has it's problems, but having it overcomes all of them I believe, and they are minor)

P.S. Sorry for putting the topic in the General Movie section ... could of sworn I was in Aliens/Robots section.

The Queen is inevitable.

Get the Power Loader! If you don't want it, is there a way I can talk to your friend? :lol

At that price - $160 I would definitely say "GET IT!" because that is a steal at that price for such a fantastic piece.

If it was the normal $250 I would actually say hold back on it unless you really want to complete the ALIENS line. I love my Powerloader but to be honest I have a lot of other figures that I prefer over it.

At that price - $160 I would definitely say "GET IT!" because that is a steal at that price for such a fantastic piece.

If it was the normal $250 I would actually say hold back on it unless you really want to complete the ALIENS line. I love my Powerloader but to be honest I have a lot of other figures that I prefer over it.

That is kind of true. It was never my personal grail, but I like it alot, and am glad I got one. I think, in hand, all your doubts will be extinguished.
That is a lot of money for a nice sized piece, but is still a great deal.
If only ED-209 were as cheap! :monkey2

well, for $160, that's about right. minus ripley its about $100, which is probably what the power loader should cost based on its quality. $250 is a rip off. So get it!!!!!

In a word: yes.
Dude, even if you don't want it, buy it and then sell it for 100 bucks more!
But I can assure you, you won't want to.
I hadn't heard of any breakage problems... haven't had any with mine.

That is kind of true. It was never my personal grail, but I like it alot, and am glad I got one. I think, in hand, all your doubts will be extinguished.
That is a lot of money for a nice sized piece, but is still a great deal.
If only ED-209 were as cheap! :monkey2

Yeah Les, I feel you...I don't have doubts about the piece but I'm not as thrilled over it like I am some of my other stuff. My eyes go toward some other figures like the USCM, the Predators, the Aliens before they go to the Powerloader.

I too am glad I got one as well, but I can honestly say that I would've been just as happy even if they didn't make it.

Now the ALIEN QUEEN...THAT'S a Grail right there! :rock

Okay, I have resisted the siren call of the Power Loader so far. But, one of my relatives has a friend who is willing to sell me his (still sealed in the box) for what he paid for it - 160 bucks. I already have a Ripley and God help me, I don't know where I would put it. But for that price, my Iron Will is starting to fade. Advice?

P.S. Two Questions:

2.) How likely is it that I will be able to buy a Queen to go with it in the new year or 2?

:violin mmm YES, by all means get it. I think it's a great piece. found mine on ebay for $175.00 + s/h. the only thing you might want to be careful with are getting the "pistons" on the back out for the first time. I sure hope a Queen comes out eventually. plus what others have said it usually sells for $250.00 +.:horror

Its a nice piece and if you sift through the board youll find nice pics of the ones owned by our board members. Not my cup of tea but its nice if your into the powerloader :)

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! GET A RUBIX CUBE INSTEAD!!! :rock

Best toy ever! I dare anyone who says you can't have fun trying to get all four sides to match! WEEEEEEE!!!

the only breakage issues ive heard about are the hose/connectors......so just be extra careful putting them on, but it isnt anything a little super glue wouldnt fix. now the only other thing i would say is be careful with ripley in the pl when positioning the arms, i tweaked her wrist a bit and it snapped off:monkey2.....but sideshow hooked me up with a new hand :chew

Yeah, I didn't have any breakage issues with mine while assembling it, but when I took it apart to put back in the box for storage, several of the hose connectors broke, so you definitely should be careful. And for $160, go for it. That is a hell of a deal. As was stated before, if you decide you don't like it, you shouldn't have any problem selling it off.

The power loader rocks. If you like Aliens or have any intention of collecting Aliens-themed stuff, it's perfect. Just go back over the big power loader thread (do a search) to see what problems people had and how they dealt with them. The main thing was the pistons in the back being stuck.

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! GET A RUBIX CUBE INSTEAD!!! :rock

Best toy ever! I dare anyone who says you can't have fun trying to get all four sides to match! WEEEEEEE!!!

Doesn't a Rubix Cube have six sides???

Hence the CUBE...

:lol

Back